[MOD] (Alpha 6) Superior Crafting v2.11: The Stim Fix! [Updated]

Started by Abrexus, August 14, 2014, 07:39:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

What do you think of the shooting range?  Would you like to see more skill enhancing buildings?

Yes
0 (0%)
No
0 (0%)
I've never used it
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: August 23, 2014, 06:24:29 PM

Abrexus

SendSpace Download

It is with great pleasure I bring to you version 2 of Superior Crafting!  This has been completed with great collaboration and effort due to the amazing people here on the Rimworld forums, and the modding community.  I have so many people to thank for their help in both testing and contributing ideas, but in the end everyone who plays Rimworld is to thank.  Without this great game we would not have this wonderful community.

You will see alot of new items, and balance based of your feedback.  In this edition, we added a number of new things for your colonists to do, such as use the shooting range to increase their ranged skill, and reading learning tapes at the desk.  We added new crops to grow (such as mushrooms which also grow at night), as well as new things to do with those crops.  I try to make sure everything has a purpose, and isn't just included to be included.

We have also taken a pass at combat balance, so no more tribesman bows out-ranging your machine gunners!  We've included a number of requested features from other popular mods, such as Jaxxa Shields, Colonist Only Doors by Neurotoxin, and Soylent Green from Apothecarius.  Many of the great textures by Mrofa from his clutter collection are included as well.

FAQ:

Q:  When I first install the mod I get some red X textures in the build menu.
A:  This is a known issue, may happen when you first install.  Simply activate the mod in the mods menu, then quit the game and restart to fix the issue.

Q:  Will this update work with an older version of Superior Crafting?
A:  Most likely not.  Many of the items were changed and new ones added.  It most likely will require a new game.

Q:  How do I get my colonists to use the Berry Wine or Shroom-Stims?
A:  They will use them as needed.  Because they are a food item, they will not consume them if they are too full.  This may change in a future update.

Q:  My healing pod is not healing my colonists, even when agave gel is in a hopper next to it.

A:  They are definitively working, I just tested them again.  Keep in mind, they will not heal missing body parts.  Also the agave gel wont heal blood loss.  The damage system has changed dramatically in alpha 6, and there are still some things that are locked out from being changed/healed.  There is also a known bug with healing as posted here http://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=5449.0

Q:  I am getting a spam list of recipes in the chemlab.

A:  This is a bug with the load/save system of the game itself.  It doesn't reset all internal variables when simply loading from a save, and leaves some of them stored in memory.  They do get cleared when the game is exited and restarted.  If you exit the game completely and reload, the list should revert to normal.

Coming in version 2.5 = Apparello!

Update:
Added soylent green to slave and agriculture trader.
Steam Generators can once again be built inside.
Fences now buildable at start.
Locakable doors courtesy of Colonist Only Doors by Neurotoxin!
adjusted exp gain and work time for the tapes.  Work time reduced by 50% and exp gain increased to 2500.
Reworked training system and added a medical dummy, punching bag, and holosuite.
Fixed the Wine & Shroom-Stim code so they work as intended.  Shroom-Stims will now be properly consumed during the psychic drone event only (addiction removed)

Jerethi50

I'm Interested in this mod! Im going to give it a few playthroughs, and see how it plays, But if i end up having a good time, I might want to include this in Alpha 6 AIO Compilation, it might need to replace a few other mods, or a few modifications to play nice with them, Would all of that be ok with you ?

Abrexus

That would be great!  I'd be happy to help you with any changes that need to be made.  Also, I plan to keep adding to the mod.  At the moment you can only craft/deconstruct the stock weapons and armor that come with the game, but in my next update I hope to expand that.

One tip I want to add...this mod starts you off a bit slowly depending on how your used to playing.  Research and crafting play a large role.  In the beginning, you can make a hand sawmill and stone bench with the raw materials, but everything else requires crafted mats.  Therefoe, a good crafter is essential.

Jerethi50

Mod seems to be missing textures for the starting furniture, the wood tables chairs, the sleeping spot and the hide bed are all big red x's

You have the texture paths pointed to the right place, but they are looking for files like comfybed, but the files in the folder are comfybed_back. Apparently it isnt reading it that way, dont know if it was working on yours that way for some reason, but it isnt on mine, I even reloaded the game a few times to make sure it wasnt throwing a fit or something. red x every time.

Abrexus

That is a bug that I have been unable to figure out.  If you load the mod then quit the game and restart, they should all be there.  It only happens the first time you install the mod, and once you  load and exit/restart it never happens again.  It also only happens in the furniture category.  I have tried different naming conventions for the items and folder locations, yet nothing seems to fix that initial load issue.  If you happen to know of a fix, I would be most grateful.

Jerethi50

I created copys of every texture that had _back, without the _back part, so just comfybed, that seemed to work fine. left the original textures in place aswell, dont know if this will mess with anything in a bad way though but so far so good.

Abrexus

I'm glad you got it working.  Oddly enough, it only happens the first time the mod is installed, then after it loads fine.  It also only happens in the furniture category.  I'm wondering if it has do to with the number of items in a category that it only loads so many the first pass, then loads the rest on the subsequent restart?  At any rate, loading the mod, then exiting the game and restarting seems to fix it.

I'm working on the next phase of the mod as we speak.  Tynan did an amazing job with alpha 6, so I have to explore that a bit to see what I can do to enhance all the new features!

Jerethi50

Just a quick note, I researched the food synthesiser and its two upgrades, its still putting out nutrient paste, not a simple meal, quality awful. Do i need to rebuild it or something ? or maybe it just isnt working.

Decided to try reloading the game, when i reloaded it still doesnt work, and i got this error

Exception applying research mod for project Machining: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object

at Verse.ResearchMod.Apply () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at Verse.ResearchProjectDef.ReapplyAllMods () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

Abrexus

Testing it now....Hopefully will have an update for it shortly.

Quote from: Jerethi50 on August 14, 2014, 06:00:01 PM
Just a quick note, I researched the food synthesiser and its two upgrades, its still putting out nutrient paste, not a simple meal, quality awful. Do i need to rebuild it or something ? or maybe it just isnt working.

Decided to try reloading the game, when i reloaded it still doesnt work, and i got this error

Exception applying research mod for project Machining: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object

at Verse.ResearchMod.Apply () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at Verse.ResearchProjectDef.ReapplyAllMods () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

Jerethi50

Im not 100% sure, but i think when you tell it to look for <targetFieldName>nutrition</targetFieldName> you should actually be looking for <targetFieldName>food</targetFieldName> and somehow sepcifying the subfield, but im not sure that is the problem, or if im right, or how you would specify a field inside the food field, I wish i did know. just giving possibilities.

vencent464

For some reason I have built the geothermal and some batteries and none of them seem to be connected to the power line. Yes I have built conduits to everything. Looking for some help.

Abrexus

Quote from: vencent464 on August 14, 2014, 07:06:31 PM
For some reason I have built the geothermal and some batteries and none of them seem to be connected to the power line. Yes I have built conduits to everything. Looking for some help.

Got it fixed....and I may also have a fix for the replicator, I'm testing it out now.  Expect and update within the hour.

Stoner

Not sure if bug or dumb, but, the chemlab, I added a bill to make Agave gel from agave fruit which I do have plenty of but for some reason none of my dudes will work on it. I cannot prioritize it either.
No errors popped up when I loaded the map. I have tried destroying it and rebuilding it, no dice.

Thoughts? Suggestions? Maybe I am doing something wrong and not knowing it?

And I am still having problems with the batteries connecting and staying connected to the power grid.
Nub coder. I can only help so much, Google is the master.

MrWashingToad

Thought it was broken for a bit, but just make sure you load mod and start on a fresh 'world'. Works fine on this run after creating a new 'world'.
Kickstarter Influencer tier backer. Last Name in Game: Sewell
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCdrI_JSqof-Zk1j9-kBKXjQ
Twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/MrWashingToad
Twitter: @MrWashingToad

Abrexus

Quote from: Stoner on August 14, 2014, 08:03:07 PM
Not sure if bug or dumb, but, the chemlab, I added a bill to make Agave gel from agave fruit which I do have plenty of but for some reason none of my dudes will work on it. I cannot prioritize it either.
No errors popped up when I loaded the map. I have tried destroying it and rebuilding it, no dice.

Thoughts? Suggestions? Maybe I am doing something wrong and not knowing it?

And I am still having problems with the batteries connecting and staying connected to the power grid.

It's not you....putting out an update now...
version 1.02 here we come :)
Thank you everyone for your patience and testing.  I'll be here most of the night checking and updating!