[1.3] Rimatomics | Rimefeller

Started by Dubwise, August 28, 2016, 06:51:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dubwise

Quote from: Jan2607 on September 08, 2017, 09:07:16 PM
Okay, I will try. Thanks :)

From spent fuel rods I will only obtain plutonium, right? So in any case I need some uranium to make more fuel (MOX rods) for my reactors?

you get uranium pellets, plutonium and nuclear waste. So you can use the processed uranium to make more fuel, with the breeder you can make more fuel than you use if you always process at 50% and use both the plutonium and uranium to make new rods

Jan2607

Iwillbenicetou

Mod Help! The basics on how to download mods!

Dubwise

Iwillbenicetou

also is there a way for the HEL to shoot down Enemy Drop pods? (Raiders, Mechanoids, etc.)
Mod Help! The basics on how to download mods!

Dubwise

Quote from: Iwillbenicetou on September 08, 2017, 10:14:58 PM
also is there a way for the HEL to shoot down Enemy Drop pods? (Raiders, Mechanoids, etc.)

Nope it only shoots down mortar shells, people suggested shooting down drop pods but i figured that was a bit too much, just make use of the ground based weapons, i planned for the HEL being able to shoot down missiles once i get around to adding enemy missile bases back in with scuds. Also the HEL doesn't work with combat extended mortar shells because they use their own projectile class, not sure what to do about that

SioxerNiki

Quote from: dubwise56 on September 08, 2017, 10:26:05 PM
Quote from: Iwillbenicetou on September 08, 2017, 10:14:58 PM

Nope it only shoots down mortar shells, people suggested shooting down drop pods but i figured that was a bit too much, just make use of the ground based weapons, i planned for the HEL being able to shoot down missiles once i get around to adding enemy missile bases back in with scuds. Also the HEL doesn't work with combat extended mortar shells because they use their own projectile class, not sure what to do about that

Nothing to be fair... You are not accountable to other mods.

Dubwise

Uploaded version 1.0.6

This is the big patch with the new research setup, you will now see just 1 single project in the rimatomics research tab, or in your tree if you are using researchPal, this is a simple step to contact the probe and unlock the Rimatomics research bench, at which point the research system behaves just like before except now you don't have all the projects cluttering your research tab and causing confusion.

If you are loading a save then you should get a message informing you about the update, your research projects will look like they are reset, but your purchase history and step progress should be saved so you just need to hit start on the project again and let it rescan all of the steps and save their state, then you can resave your game and everything should carry on as normal, there may be situations where the save wont load and cause errors but i tried my best to make it a smooth transition.

Moved rad suits and mopps suits to the Rimatomics machining table.
Certain combinations of fuel and breeder upgrade on the core should no longer cause the plutonium processor to eject stacks with negative numbers.
All energy weapons should now register progress on the upgrade projects.
Fixed the turret speed on the ADS, from 18 to 50 and +50 for the upgrade.
Fixed the ADS AOE not upgrading.
Changed the the chance for the ADS causing targets to flee to 50% per target within the AOE.
Fixed some text strings in the research defs.

Steam version will be updated once this patch has had a bit of public testing

Mishutca

Quote from: dubwise56 on September 08, 2017, 11:00:03 PM
Uploaded version 1.0.6

This is the big patch with the new research setup, you will now see just 1 single project in the rimatomics research tab, or in your tree if you are using researchPal, this is a simple step to contact the probe and unlock the Rimatomics research bench, at which point the research system behaves just like before except now you don't have all the projects cluttering your research tab and causing confusion.

If you are loading a save then you should get a message informing you about the update, your research projects will look like they are reset, but your purchase history and step progress should be saved so you just need to hit start on the project again and let it rescan all of the steps and save their state, then you can resave your game and everything should carry on as normal, there may be situations where the save wont load and cause errors but i tried my best to make it a smooth transition.

Moved rad suits and mopps suits to the Rimatomics machining table.
Certain combinations of fuel and breeder upgrade on the core should no longer cause the plutonium processor to eject stacks with negative numbers.
All energy weapons should now register progress on the upgrade projects.
Fixed the turret speed on the ADS, from 18 to 50 and +50 for the upgrade.
Fixed the ADS AOE not upgrading.
Changed the the chance for the ADS causing targets to flee to 50% per target within the AOE.
Fixed some text strings in the research defs.

Steam version will be updated once this patch has had a bit of public testing
All projects rescaned and it seem it works fine but it stoped by step "Build a reactor core." It means I have to dismantle it and build it again? The progress is 0/200.

Dubwise

Nope thats odd, that step shouldn't have a progress bar it just checks to make sure a reactor exists and that its connected to a turbine, its for the reactor project right? or did a screw up and paste a label in the wrong place

Mishutca

Quote from: dubwise56 on September 08, 2017, 11:55:38 PM
Nope thats odd, that step shouldn't have a progress bar it just checks to make sure a reactor exists and that its connected to a turbine, its for the reactor project right? or did a screw up and paste a label in the wrong place
Like that. It just simply doesn't rescan and skip the step Build reactor core etc during the current unfinished step Test the reactor. It also doesn't show the damage of the reactor during the step Test the reactor

[attachment deleted by admin: too old]

SioxerNiki

Quote from: Mishutca on September 09, 2017, 01:39:30 AM
Like that. It just simply doesn't rescan and skip the step Build reactor core etc during the current unfinished step Test the reactor. It also doesn't show the damage of the reactor during the step Test the reactor
Could you send over the offending save file?

Dubwise

ok you're right the reactor project seems to be getting ignored even on a fresh save, but other projects are working which is probably why i didn't notice, pretty odd bug too, i'll try and fix it and get a patch up asap

Mishutca

Quote from: SioxerNiki on September 09, 2017, 04:55:58 AM
Could you send over the offending save file?
No idea where it is saved.

Jan2607