Luciferium Production: balancing feedback requested...

Started by Deimos Rast, August 29, 2016, 04:42:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Deimos Rast

So I was going over all the new drug additions and noticed there was no way to produce Luciferium, so I decided to remedy that by making a micro mod. Nothing fancy, just adds to the DrugLab bench. What I'd like to know is if anyone has any opinions about how to balance the thing.
Here is what I currently have...
Formula:
1x Luciferium = 3x Go-Juice + 1x GlitterWorld Medicine

Note: market value of Luciferium = Glitterworld Medicine = 100 in the stock game. Why Go-Juice? Seemed the most appropriate drug, given the various flavor texts (high functioning/synthetic). It also ties the production into the rest of the drug chain. Glitterworld Medicine as the (presumable) source of mechanites. Or something. You can now craft basic Medicine at the drug lab in A15, but Glitterworld Medicine remains out of reach still.

WorkToMake:
SimpleMeal: 300 (iirc)
Go-Juice: 600
Luciferium: 2500

Research:
BaseCost: 3000 (same as ComponentAssembly)
Tier4, requires HighTech Bench with MultiAnalyzer. Prerequirements: DrugProduction. TechLevel: Industrial.

I'm not a 100% on how the trade formula works, but the fact that the marketValue of one of the ingredients equals the marketValue of the end product, probably indicates this formula is not a profitable one. I could be wrong about that.

Thoughts?
#StopPluginAbuse

night777

2500 seems like too much work, that's a long time at a bench.

Mr.Cross

If anything it should remain the same work time, and go up in cost. or go up in both, there is a reason why your only supposed to be able to buy it in the Vanilla game. XD
Claims to know most things.

Deimos Rast

Quote from: Mr.Cross on August 31, 2016, 12:55:30 AM
If anything it should remain the same work time, and go up in cost. or go up in both, there is a reason why your only supposed to be able to buy it in the Vanilla game. XD
Yeah, my thinking exactly. It's more of a "I have an addiction I need to feed" instead of a "how can I make a quick space buck?"

As for 2500 being a longtime...well, when you know you're going to die in, what is it, 8 days without it, that's some motivation to keep at it. ;D
#StopPluginAbuse

Bobylein

I prefer the cryosleep casket for my addicts until I get hands on more :P