Wall In The Traders

Started by Kindyj, August 29, 2016, 11:20:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kindyj

This JUST crossed my mind reading a thread and have yet to try it (I'm at work).

Has Anyone tried to wall in Traders that visit your colony while their wondering around in relatively the same spot.

iceteazz

Long time ago, it's the way how to rob traders. In current build, even alpha 14, they would break the wall/doors when they are hungry and leave.

Kindyj

What if you Double or Triple Walled it?

Kindyj

or Put a Heater in there and crank it till they die of heat Stroke?

Franklin

The wall-in exploit was actually frequently addressed in Tynan's exploit thread on the board here, and like iceteazz said, Tynan's since addressed it by making it so NPCs can break walls when necessary.

I don't know about the heat killbox exploit, but it's probably been at least brought up. You guys might enjoy that thread: https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=17919.0

Franklin

If Tynan hasn't addressed it, he could cover the spread by just making it so when a faction's traders don't return home, their last visited colony (yours) gets a negative relations hit with them, regardless of whether you "directly" killed them. That would add value to being gracious with visitors.