[A17] QualityBuilder - build like never before! (V 0.17.3 : 25.05.17)

Started by Hatti, August 29, 2016, 08:04:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

shadwar

:)
Wow, good to see, that my forgotten mod is used to create something bigger.

Adventurer

SURU

CraPC: AMD Phenom X3 8750 | Club 3D Radeon 7770 | Gigabyte GA-MA770-DS3 | 4GB RAM DDR2 2x2GB Kingston
Don't go this way!

OFWG

Quote from: SURU on September 13, 2016, 03:11:27 AM
Looks great! Idea is perfect. Should be in game, lol :)

+1, huge quality of life improvement.
Quote from: sadpickle on August 01, 2018, 05:03:35 PM
I like how they saw the naked guy with no food and said, "what he needs is an SMG."

GenericUsername

I love it.

The ability to have several people help with building "static" objects (especially walls and floors) while keeping what actually depends on skill to the best builder is great.
The one improvement I can think of would be the ability to set a "range" of accepted builders. So if for example I have levelled a builder all the way to 20 but have a second guy at 19, and want him to help building furniture too.

I wonder if it would be possible to have something like this for crafting too, where anyone can work on safe jobs such as stonecutting, smelting, etc. and keep the production of clothes and guns to the professionals.

Hell, I could see something like this being nice for doctors too. Let several people handle the day to day bruise management, call in the real doctors for the serious cases and operations. Admittedly this last one is the easiest to micromanage.

Serenity

Quote from: GenericUsername on September 15, 2016, 07:42:00 PM
I wonder if it would be possible to have something like this for crafting too, where anyone can work on safe jobs such as stonecutting, smelting, etc. and keep the production of clothes and guns to the professionals.
You can set skill ranges at work benches in vanilla

Hell, I could see something like this being nice for doctors too. Let several people handle the day to day bruise management, call in the real doctors for the serious cases and operations.
You can do that to some degree with Fluffy's Work Tab (A14 mod). It allows to set the priority of sub jobs. So you can have doctors who don't do operations. Or nurses who only feed.

Or in other areas you can have animal handlers who do all jobs but tame. Or construction workers who only bring material to sites (not a hauling job)

GenericUsername

QuoteYou can set skill ranges at work benches in vanilla
Yes, but it's static.

QuoteFluffy
I know, I love Fluffy. It's not updated though, as you said.

ruddthree

This is actually pretty nice. I'm usually against this kind of thing (aka mods that eliminate any sort of randomness), but this will help a lot when making like 1300 hospital beds.

SyClap

WaKeMaTTa

You have 2 times this code:

<QualityBuilder.Nothing></QualityBuilder.Nothing>

In your Keys.xml (English)

Dingo

Just to iterate on WaKeMaTTa's post, what happens is this error:

lc-soz

Quote from: Dingo on October 10, 2016, 12:09:47 AM
Just to iterate on WaKeMaTTa's post, what happens is this error:

I have the same message when I open the game.

Hatti

Thanks for reporting. This is only a warning and won´t break the game or something. Its just not nice to have but wont cause problems. Will fix it on next release

Rock5

When QualityBuilder has finished building something in a conduit I get the message
"QualityBuilder: Could not get quality from thing with defName 'PowerConduit'".
Rock5 [B18] Mods
- Butchers Can Count Meat
- Sun Lamp Planner
- JTZoneButtons
- RimSearch
- JTExport

Dingo

Another non-critical fix for your next release:

Type ModInitializer probably needs a StaticConstructorOnStartup attribute, because it has a field obj of type GameObject. All assets must be loaded in the main thread.