[A17] QualityBuilder - build like never before! (V 0.17.3 : 25.05.17)

Started by Hatti, August 29, 2016, 08:04:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jmababa

If this was usable for clothes/ crafter I'll grab this but sadly it isn't. I never work pawn as construction worker lower than 9 skill construction so this is fairly usless

Rock5

Quote from: jmababa on November 06, 2016, 05:59:51 PM
If this was usable for clothes/ crafter I'll grab this but sadly it isn't. I never work pawn as construction worker lower than 9 skill construction so this is fairly usless
I'm not sure I follow this. If you want to make sure only your best crafter makes clothes then you set only your best crafter as tailor. What's the problem? It's not like you need to set other colonists to tailor to do other tailoring jobs, there's only 1 tailoring job, right?

Just because you are after something else, don't put this mod down. It does what it's supposed to do and does it quite well. It's an elegant solution to a real problem that needed fixing.
Rock5 [B18] Mods
- Butchers Can Count Meat
- Sun Lamp Planner
- JTZoneButtons
- RimSearch
- JTExport

Fafn1r

Um, does it have skilled builder functionality? Because I saw a pawn with low construction build a bed over and over again, while my best constructor was doing something else.

lllMWNlll

Dingo

QualityBuilder throws null exceptions when testing with my latest Hand Me That Brick release. I believe this is an error on your behalf, specifically in the detour for finishing frames / construction.

Error reproduction is very easy. Install latest QualityBuilder with latest Hand Me That Brick (you can find it in my Miscellaneous Mods thread).

After installation, start a new colony and disable construction for every pawn, but make sure you have pawns set to Haul. Designate a few QualityBuilder-enabled beds with available materials, and it'll error pretty soon afterwards.

if you can't reproduce the error please let me know via PM so I can send you a save file and a mod pack.

Pichu0102

I like this mod! My only thought is I'd like to have it able to set for anyone to build but still do the reconstruct if not minimum for training more builders.

Edit: Whoops, I'm an idiot, it can already do this! You can still set the minimum quality even if the best builder option is disabled. My bad!

joaonunes

Quote from: Dingo on November 26, 2016, 06:01:52 PM
QualityBuilder throws null exceptions when testing with my latest Hand Me That Brick release. I believe this is an error on your behalf, specifically in the detour for finishing frames / construction.

Error reproduction is very easy. Install latest QualityBuilder with latest Hand Me That Brick (you can find it in my Miscellaneous Mods thread).

After installation, start a new colony and disable construction for every pawn, but make sure you have pawns set to Haul. Designate a few QualityBuilder-enabled beds with available materials, and it'll error pretty soon afterwards.

if you can't reproduce the error please let me know via PM so I can send you a save file and a mod pack.

Humm... I may have disabled "Hand me that brick" when the issue was with QualityBuilder... Although it might be a conflict with a completely different mod... I'll check the mod's forum page to confirm
Do you want your colonists to look manlier?
Get a free mustache sample here!

Pichu0102

Oh, found a bug though: If you set something to Quality Rebuild until a certain quality on top of an existing power line, it won't auto deconstruct. You have to manually set it to be deconstructed before it will place the blueprint automatically again.

Thyme

Great mod, lets me automate the construction of 20 excellent quality beds/chairs/furniture even with a lvl 19 constructor! *looks at jmababa

PS: Does apparal quality have any effect other than sell price increase?
I'm from Austria. If I offend you, it's usually inadvertently.
Snowmen army, Chemfuel Generator, Electric Stonecutting, Smelting Tweak

Canute

Yes the stats increased too.
Better protection, better temp. modifier.

Thyme

Thanks. Forgot about temp. modifier. It doesn't really matter with Alpaca wool.
I'm from Austria. If I offend you, it's usually inadvertently.
Snowmen army, Chemfuel Generator, Electric Stonecutting, Smelting Tweak

Hatti

Quote from: Dingo on November 26, 2016, 06:01:52 PM

Fixed

Quote from: Pichu0102 on December 03, 2016, 09:02:24 AM
Oh, found a bug though: If you set something to Quality Rebuild until a certain quality on top of an existing power line, it won't auto deconstruct. You have to manually set it to be deconstructed before it will place the blueprint automatically again.

And fixed as well. Both in Version 1.0.2

Thanks for reporting

Love

Hey Hatti, this error is being thrown seemingly at random times. After doing some troubleshooting I'm 100% sure it's something up with your mod.

Invalid count: 0, setting to 1. Job was HaulToContainer A=Thing_WoodLog15500 B=Thing_Wall_Blueprint71991
Verse.Log:Error(String)
Verse.AI.Toils_Haul:ErrorCheckForCarry(Pawn, Thing)
Verse.AI.<StartCarryThing>c__AnonStorey41A:<>m__67B()
Verse.AI.JobDriver:TryActuallyStartNextToil()
Verse.AI.JobDriver:ReadyForNextToil()
RimWorld.<UninstallIfMinifiable>c__AnonStorey22F:<>m__41()
Verse.AI.JobDriver:Notify_PatherArrived()
Verse.AI.Pawn_PathFollower:PatherArrived()
Verse.AI.Pawn_PathFollower:StartPath(LocalTargetInfo, PathEndMode)
Verse.AI.<GotoThing>c__AnonStorey460:<>m__6C9()
Verse.AI.Pawn_JobTracker:StartJob(Job, JobCondition, ThinkNode, Boolean, Boolean, ThinkTreeDef)
Verse.AI.Pawn_JobTracker:TryFindAndStartJob()
Verse.AI.Pawn_JobTracker:EndCurrentJob(JobCondition, Boolean)
Verse.AI.Pawn_JobTracker:JobTrackerTick()
Verse.Pawn:Tick()
Verse.TickList:Tick()
Verse.TickManager:DoSingleTick()
Verse.TickManager:TickManagerUpdate()
Verse.Game:Update()
Verse.Root_Play:Update()