Bug? Missing Toe = -10% Moving

Started by MikeLemmer, August 30, 2016, 04:50:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MikeLemmer

One of my colonists had a single toe cut off. As a result, she seems to only have 90% Moving instead of 100%. I think that's a bit much for a single toe.

Spudra

I agree, toes are very important, but with some practice you can run even with less toes than a normal person.

MikeLemmer

Quote from: Spudra on August 30, 2016, 05:09:02 PM
I agree, toes are very important, but with some practice you can run even with less toes than a normal person.

I'm pretty sure you can still walk without toes, too.

MeowRailroad

While it would probably still be noticeable, I don't think it would impact walking that much, especially if you were wearing shoes since with shoes your foot moves as a single unit.
Quote from: Tynan on December 02, 2016, 05:24:06 PM
This is like being in a remote fishing town in Libera and asking, "Why can't I just pay one of the fishermen $10 to take me back to Los Angeles?"

sadpickle

I think any missing toe or finger subtracts 10% from moving or manipulation, respectively. There's a case to be made here for expanding the code to include bionic fingers/toes. As it stands now all you can do is amputate the guy's entire foot and give him a bionic replacement, which I doubt he'd really be that jazzed about.

MikeLemmer

I'd suggest a -20% Manipulation per thumb lost, -5% Manipulation per finger lost, and a -3% Moving per toe lost.

Serenity

The big toe is pretty important for walking. The smaller toes less so. Similar to thumb and index finger vs other fingers.

Kagemusha12

Quote from: Serenity on August 30, 2016, 07:53:44 PM
The big toe is pretty important for walking. The smaller toes less so. Similar to thumb and index finger vs other fingers.

I agree ... therefore IMHO it should be:
Thumb lost: -30% Manipulation
Index Finger lost: -6% manipulation
Other fingers lost: -4% manipulation

And yes, that would leave 2% manipulation remaining even with all fi8ngers cut off ... I think that a person with all fingers lost still has a slightly better remaining manipulation capability, than a person with the whole hand lost

Also for toes maybe:
Big uncle: -10% Walking
Small toe: -2% walking
Other toes: -4% walking

Which would give a person -24% walking speed if losing all toes in a foot (and -48 if no toe on any foot is remaining)

Also maybe, the colonists should be able to craft special orthopedian shoes which, when worn by someone with missing toes, can compoensate for the loss of toes by +5 or +10%

MeowRailroad

And maybe some colonists could have flat feet which slows down their movement speed slightly, and that can also be fixed gradually over time, or at least improved, by wearing the shoes.
Quote from: Tynan on December 02, 2016, 05:24:06 PM
This is like being in a remote fishing town in Libera and asking, "Why can't I just pay one of the fishermen $10 to take me back to Los Angeles?"