Siege is really imbalanced !!

Started by Monzer, August 30, 2016, 11:17:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

keylocke

Quote from: mrofa on August 31, 2016, 04:11:02 AM
Except minigun :D

dude! dude!!! your rambo pawn has hands!!  :o

how do? where can i has that?! is that a mod?

also.. animations.. so wow. am i sleeping? somebody slap my belly!!

Shurp

The best way to prevent a sieging force from burning your colony down is to go out and kill them before they even have a chance to shoot at it.  Even on a large map you should be able to get to them on time.  And most of them will try to keep building while you're picking off their sentries.
If you give an annoying colonist a parka before banishing him to the ice sheet you'll only get a -3 penalty instead of -5.

And don't forget that the pirates chasing a refugee are often better recruits than the refugee is.

Simon_The_Space_Engineer

Quote from: keylocke on August 31, 2016, 11:17:28 AM
Quote from: mrofa on August 31, 2016, 04:11:02 AM
Except minigun :D

dude! dude!!! your rambo pawn has hands!!  :o

how do? where can i has that?! is that a mod?

also.. animations.. so wow. am i sleeping? somebody slap my belly!!
SLAP!
In the end, we all make the same leather hats.

Sanaart

Is it imbalanced? I just sent all my colonists to gun em down. It's worked okay so far (but on open maps I had much more difficulty, I'm playing on large hills right now)

iceteazz

_ I once don't have enough fire power to fight against siege because i have many melee pawns. Then i found that they have sleep need, so i wait till they sleep, pick 2 guys come out and steal their mortar lol

O Negative

Quote from: iceteazz on August 31, 2016, 10:04:11 PM
_ I once don't have enough fire power to fight against siege because i have many melee pawns. Then i found that they have sleep need, so i wait till they sleep, pick 2 guys come out and steal their mortar lol

Why have I not thought of that!? That's f*cking hilarious!

Definitely going to try this on my next play through :D

(I haven't started an A15 game yet, because I'm waiting for 15c to be officially released)

John_Bigless

Quote from: A Friend on August 31, 2016, 01:17:06 AM
I luckily got out of a seige event once without the use of sniper rifles. Early game and my 5 pawns were only equipped with a few shotguns and a rifle then a 7 man siege came up. What I did was look around the ancient structures for anything useful and then I found an insanity lance. I positioned my people behind a nearby hill and then when everything was ready, I had my sole pacifist back home activate the lance on a shielded raider in the middle of the camp. He distracted the snipers while my colonists moved in and shotgunned them in the face. The berserk raider went down half-way through the fight and 4 raiders remained. One fell down and the rest retreated.

I won in the end with only a few gunshot wounds.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

If you don't have any shields or long range weapons, I suggest maybe hiding inside a mountain where mortars can't get ya or opening up ancient structures then luring the mechanoids/space soldiers inside to the raider camp. If there is a lance or something in there, use the strategy above.
Hello again!