[B18] RT's Weapon Pack

Started by rhtstm, August 31, 2016, 04:09:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rhtstm

Madman666

Hello, @rhtstm, for the longest time I was looking for more or less balanced weapon mod to make raiders more powerful to offset More turrets mod which annihilates everything. From what I'va tried yours has most content, has good balance and variety and overall very fun to have. Only problem I had with it - I like to see bullets fly and I don't have good eyesight, so your new projectiles was as good as invisible to me. So I've put together a simple patch, that returns original (white) projectiles, lowers their velocity a little to vanilla level (about 8-10%) and adds a small darkish outline around weapons sprites for better weapon visibility. There was no other changes to balance. From what I saw in feedback to your cool mod - there was some other guys like me who prefer vanilla projectiles. Here's what it looks like:

If you don't mind, I could pack it, post it somewhere on dropbox or yandex.disk and give you a link, so people who visit your mod's page could download it, or if you do mind, I can just keep using it myself then =) Anyways, thanks a bunch for a really cool mod) It's been tons of fun.

grimsurgent

non steam version of cr patch or we will have mental break

Element4ry

I'll try the mod right now, looks great! I like the references to Counter Strike and Half-Life (dual berettas, crowbar and the knife) =D
·–·· ––– ··· · / –·–– ––– ··– ·–· / –– ·· –· –·· / –··–· / · ·– – / –·–– ––– ··– ·–· / –·–· ·–· · ·––

evan25

Is there anyway to unistall this mod ? i tried to remove anything about this mod in game then off the mod but i still can't load the old save. sr for bad eng

rhtstm

Quote from: seanandjay29 on January 14, 2017, 11:06:38 PM
non steam version of cr patch or we will have mental break
You can ask the RT+CR patch creator on steam to see if he is willing to provide a non-steam version. :)

thundyuk

Is there a quick list of how powerful they are comparatively? There's a lot of guns there :)
Nice mod :)

br1zz

great skins ! but i dont know if the balance is bad, or i just had bad luck.
started a new colony with this pack enabled, after 30 days a group of 5 pirates raided me, one of them had a dragunov. he killed 4 of my 5 pawns within about 15 seconds. they all had good cover.  :'(

the last pawn was knocked out and died shortly after, while trying to escape...

Madman666

Quote from: br1zz on May 22, 2017, 08:40:41 AM
great skins ! but i dont know if the balance is bad, or i just had bad luck.
started a new colony with this pack enabled, after 30 days a group of 5 pirates raided me, one of them had a dragunov. he killed 4 of my 5 pawns within about 15 seconds. they all had good cover.  :'(

the last pawn was knocked out and died shortly after, while trying to escape...

While pirates getting Dragunov early is indeed bad luck, you are not supposed to play firefights with snipers. They  will outshoot you because of superior weapon accuracy even if they have bad cover and you have good. You're supposed to hide behind corners out of their line of sight, force them to follow you and then ambush either with melee weapons or just by focus firing the sniper with everyone before going for other pirates.

br1zz

the dragunov sniper was isolated and i could get to mid range through mountaincover, then i got quickly into cover and started attacking him, but the high rate of fire of the dragunov just surprised me together with its lethality on mid range. theres just no comparable vanilla weapon :P i know how to handle the regular sniper, but this one.. uuh. ill definitly melee attack the dragunov snipers next time. also after looking into the xml it seems it has the highest accuracy of all snipers on mid range.

doctercorgi

I love your mod! Although the work times for some weapons seem too long. Maybe add more shotguns or a 308. MDR for a modern battle rifle?

rambo

Any plans for updating this mod for A17?

Madman666

Quote from: rambo on June 08, 2017, 03:35:37 PM

Its already up to date on Steam. Rt probably forgot to update it here, he's busy with his own game project for now) I'll message him to remind about his forum thread being neglected.

UPD: RT said he already updated the link, just didn't have the time to change thread title and image, so its already A17 version here too.

rambo

Quote from: Madman666 on June 09, 2017, 04:31:26 AM
Quote from: rambo on June 08, 2017, 03:35:37 PM

Its already up to date on Steam. Rt probably forgot to update it here, he's busy with his own game project for now) I'll message him to remind about his forum thread being neglected.

UPD: RT said he already updated the link, just didn't have the time to change thread title and image, so its already A17 version here too.
Thanks