[B18] RT's Weapon Pack

Started by rhtstm, August 31, 2016, 04:09:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JournalSnail

Quote from: Deimos Rast on September 09, 2016, 11:14:50 AM
Quote from: JournalSnail on September 08, 2016, 11:31:34 PM
It's not a weapon pack if it doesn't have a katana, the 1,000 times folded sword that can cut through 12 inch thick steel.
Not sure if you're aware of it or not already, but yes this mod has a katana. My point was that in comparison to a Longsword it should be somewhat lighter (i.e. less raw damage) and faster (and probably inch out ahead in overall DPS). Thinking about it now, it wouldn't be a bad idea to give it a boost to durability either.
Now if only I can figure out a way to cut bullets in half...
Katanas were generally very short and heavy weapons. A longsword is superior to the katana. The joke is the over use of the weapon, it being a very shitty design. The only thing it's sort of good for is to cut down unarmored and unarmed people. It would technically be more durable if the two weapons were made from the same material considering how thick the blade is. A longsword would be just as light as aatana, just as fast (depending on how top heavy the katana is) and longer than the katana.

ngcq1811

The weapon pack itself is excellent in terms of diversity and visual, but there are a few reasons I uninstalled it and use only Rimsenal and HC.
Mainly balance problems.
> Melee weapons are too powerful. Even vanilla late game melee weapons like power claw and scyther blade seem inferior.
> The M32 Grenade Launcher fires 300 million projectiles in 4 unstoppable consecutive bursts. I sent one grenadier out to deal with a poison ship that had a dozen scythers, centipedes and whatnot. Everything was destroyed in a few dozen seconds, not a corpse left to haul.
> All weapons are craftable with fairly low requirements. This is where HC is superior: you only get powerful HC weapons from traders and without OP quality modifiers.

I would only need to equip my entire colony with the M32 and no raids can damage a sandbag of mine. Only that my computer would freeze from 2000 pawns and 8 billion explosions on the screen.

onebit

The weapon damages are almost twice the generic version. Too high I think. IMO most should be only 10% better and one strong one that is 25% better.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1QlIx-RfkXAucU-TREb7G5nNZOvCQqKzEfppD0ifT0_w/edit?usp=sharing

Deimos Rast

Quote from: onebit on September 14, 2016, 05:11:33 PM
The weapon damages are almost twice the generic version. Too high I think. IMO most should be only 10% better and one strong one that is 25% better.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1QlIx-RfkXAucU-TREb7G5nNZOvCQqKzEfppD0ifT0_w/edit?usp=sharing
Yay, another spread sheet warrior!
Yeah, I said much the same.
#StopPluginAbuse

SonaGX

Does anyone know if this mod is gone for good, or if it's being temporarily pulled for updates?

I had one of my pawns making a sniper rifle, and once it hit 0 for the remaining work amount, nothing happened. My pawn just sat at the table with the unfinished wooden (? weird to me) L96A1 for the entire day, essentially wasting his time. When I clicked on him, it just always said "Standing" and at one point when I clicked on the unfinished weapon, it said -1 work amount, and then automatically deselected it without me clicking on anything else.

Anyway, I went to the steam workshop to see if anyone was having similar issues, but to my dismay, Steam told me "That item does not exist. It may have been removed by the Author." (This is when I went to my subscribed mods and tried to enter the RT's Weapon Pack page.)

It kind of stinks, the weapons look pretty cool and I enjoyed all those options. However, if my colonists can never complete the weapon I guess it's no use having it?

I haven't seen anything said about this mod not working, or the author discontinuing it. At least, not that I could find in a relatively short amount of time searching for it.

Anyone else experiencing something similar? Or maybe I did something wrong?

Cmoa666

Your bug is a well know bug present from a very long time. The only way to deal with it, is to cancel the unfinished item (but you lose some ingredients in the process)

Latias4Ever

I also would like to ask about the mod being suddenly gone from the Workshop, hopefully the mod isn't discontinued without any warning, it's definitely one I'm enjoying a lot.

Litcube

I ran into the standing at a finished item bug too.  Feels bad, man.

ShotDead

rhtstm

New mod version for A16 is now up! Happy New Year & Enjoy! ;)

asquirrel

cirus13

Hello, someone can give me a non-steam link for RT Weapons + Combat Realism compatibility Patch please?
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=738997771

Canaris

Quote from: cirus13 on January 05, 2017, 05:51:05 AM
Hello, someone can give me a non-steam link for RT Weapons + Combat Realism compatibility Patch please?
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=738997771

I second that motion.

Without it Vintorez dont work for me :(
Phoneposter - typos will happen.

Smexy_Vampire

i dont underdtand how the miss radius works ?

Wazowski