Go to Colonist button

Started by FangoWolf, March 13, 2014, 04:40:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FangoWolf

I seem to waste alot of time looking for colonists with high values in certain stats.  Perhaps in the overview screen a button to go to the highest skilled worker in a trait would solve the problem.  I seem to look for social, shooting, and construction the most.

Monkfish

You can gauge their skill level for the tasks in the overview by the brightness of the box under it. However, yes, I agree that there needs to be a better way of overviewing everyone's stats as not everything is in the overview (like shooting) and the current method to get the information is to click on each colonist and look at the Character tab. Alpha 3 will have colonist selection using the , and . keys which will make life much easier though.

Also, clicking on their name will centre the view on that person, which is handy sometimes.
<insert witty signature here>

Coenmcj

Quote from: FangoWolf on March 13, 2014, 04:40:02 PM
I seem to waste alot of time looking for colonists with high values in certain stats.
Prepares Rant about how game is story driven and that you should be happy with what you get and go from there
Quote from: FangoWolf on March 13, 2014, 04:40:02 PMPerhaps in the overview screen a button to go to the highest skilled worker in a trait would solve the problem.  I seem to look for social, shooting, and construction the most.
OH

I find this would be a rather excellent idea, it means that we as the magnificient overlords of such a colony can have our colonists set to jobs that apply to their particular set of skills more easily and without as much difficulty scrolling through the swarms of colonists.
Moderator on discord.gg/rimworld come join us! We don't bite