Tynan is getting nasty

Started by jjgoldman, March 14, 2014, 10:01:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ender

Quote from: Serrate Bloodrage on March 16, 2014, 11:20:14 PM
Corpses have an effect on the game..I, however, would like to see it purely for the feel. Early paratroopers had significant risk of injury and death, its what set them apart from other forces at the time. A risk vs reward. Having a couple of insane raiders risk death punching through solid stone into my base creates a more immersive experience for me.
Im sorry you dont see the point and I hope this clears up why Im interested to know
i completely agree, to have 7 raiders crash through your roof, only for the pods to open, and find 5 of their friends died in re-entry, not only adds to the story side of Rim world, but also gives my colonists a victory feast on meat- eerrrr i mean a sad burial...
The voices in my head tell me to burn colonists....

Tynan

I'd be afraid a lot of people would perceive it as a bug.
Tynan Sylvester - @TynanSylvester - Tynan's Blog

Monkfish

Quote from: Tynan on March 17, 2014, 12:01:30 PM
Not if you talk a little bit about the feature when it's released, or mention the mechanics in the patch notes. ;)

I like the idea. Perhaps it should only happen if raiders try to punch through thin rock roofs, with thin metal ones being easily broken with little chance of injury and thick rock roofs being impenetrable. Also, do you have, or are you planning to implement, a method of tracking how someone died? For example "mauled to death by a Muffalo", "exploded by a boomrat" and "filled full of holes by <raider>" could be joined by "died during re-entry" to save confusion.
<insert witty signature here>

FowlJ

Quote from: Monkfish on March 17, 2014, 12:09:25 PM
Not if you talk a little bit about the feature when it's released, or mention the mechanics in the patch notes. ;)

A lot of people don't read the patch notes, or the forums. Saying 'some of the raiders died on impact' in the message text might work, but might also not.

Plasmatic

Quote from: FowlJ on March 17, 2014, 12:13:09 PM

A lot of people don't read the patch notes, or the forums. Saying 'some of the raiders died on impact' in the message text might work, but might also not.

Considering some of the people I've watched play this game completely ignore all of what the messages say and then complain when they can't figure out why the raiders aren't attacking right away... Yeah..

But if you add a death tracker type thing on the corpses I think that would work better, or both.. message could be something like:

"A group of daredevil raiders have dropped in your vicinity.

However dropping in proximity or even through structures has it's downsides, some may have been injured or killed upon impact."

Coenmcj

Quote from: Plasmatic on March 17, 2014, 01:08:21 PM
"A group of daredevil raiders have dropped in your vicinity.

However dropping in proximity or even through structures has it's downsides, some may have been injured or killed upon impact."

But does that mean that other raiders... the ones that don't crash near your base will need to have significantly less health loss upon re-entry?, as it stands they spawn rather damaged the majority of the time.
Moderator on discord.gg/rimworld come join us! We don't bite

DanJSC

I would seriously laugh [or be seriously disturbed] if they did this, and then gave the chance for them to miss your base entirely, and just punch into solid rock and i just find their 1x1 grave 30 days later. Also, i'd imagine they'd need some form of special animation for people to not perceive it as a bug, perhaps by scattering debris into the immediate vicinity?

keylocke

Also, do you have, or are you planning to implement, a method of tracking how someone died? For example "mauled to death by a Muffalo", "exploded by a boomrat" and "filled full of holes by <raider>" could be joined by "died during re-entry" to save confusion.

+1 on this.

my most fave part of gnomoria was reading about the funniest ways that the people die in the combat logs. lol. i also like the way they handled dismemberment, disarmament, knock-down, and temporary blindness. hahaha. fun times..  ;D

i would lurve to see headshots and dismemberments please.