The colony of failing romances!

Started by Simon_The_Space_Engineer, September 06, 2016, 02:14:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Simon_The_Space_Engineer

So when I started out a new colony I made some colonist based after me and my friends with the prepare carefully mod. One of them was a girl and since she likes other girls in real life I gave her the trait "gay" thinking it wouldnt do much. Turns out having 2 guys and 1 gay girl doesnt go well for romances. Everyone was still friends and happy with eachother but the friendzone was lingering high above Mark's and Sora's heads

I suppose her being beautiful doesnt help the situation much more. Eventually the guys gave up when a new girl (aiko) joined the colony and Mark hopped right to it, becoming her lover with each other both having +100 opinions of each other leaving sora alone. Didnt bother him to much after the occasional vain attempt to swoo her over to him from Mark. They are still friends with each other just mark is slightly annoyed by all the attempts. Now Sonie being the gay girl she is tries to make romance with Aiko (marks lover) but fails since Aiko isnt interested in other girls.

Eventually mark proposes to aiko towards the end of the year only to be rejected. He still loves aiko as much as he can but hes a little upset. Before the rejection he was the happiest guy in the colony (aiko being a close second to mark with 100% happiness)
(aiko now holds the lead for happiness. theirs also Cave who has Alzheimer's which makes him have little to no mood bonuses or losses so hes constantly at around 50% he is the saddest i think.

To make things worse aiko thought nothing of it leaving her lover the saddness of a failed proposal like it was something she did for a hobby on sundays

Love is trying to make it into the air but seems like the rimworld has other ideas all while some 65 year old man who ditched the colony he was leading (and the game has decided he is still their leader) can barely remember to feed himself and only worries about being cold

Update Mark and Aiko just got married! :D
In the end, we all make the same leather hats.