Alpha 15 - Medieval Times Mod - Vinland

Started by Mordred, September 07, 2016, 06:18:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mordred

It's a little known fact... The Vikings were the first humans in space. This time based on the adventures of Leif Erikson in a novel I have been writing, with both historical and fictional characters.

So what if it was an accident? The gods work in mysterious ways; the Wanderer Odin in particular. The Vikings are now stranded on a strange planet, beset by all forms of strange wildlife, attacked by men with strange weapons of fire and light, fully at the mercy of the gods. Will this new land prove to be their Valhalla... or their Hel.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iphRqKWyGII

Deimos Rast

solid introduction right there; deserves a watch just for that. Instead of just posting a link for subsequent episodes, you could give a one sentence synopsis of the episode. It'd make it seem more like a book, or in this case a saga. Just a thought, might be too much work.
Video time. ;D

Edit: there is a new Medieval mod out: Rimworld Medieval Edition on steam. Also, there is a mod that removes all factions and guns on steam. You might already know all this, but I'm just giving you feedback based on the first episode. And you got that fancy tech because you technically did the "Classic Start" and it's tagged with it. Tribal start is what you should have done.

Cadence good; delivery, tone, clarity, all that vocal stuff all by and large good (although you do have a tendency to trail off on occasion and get quieter, especially as the episode progressed).
I really liked the intro with the explanations of the back stories (I happen to enjoy history a lot and everyone loves Vikings, so it was a good time :D). 
Anyway, I subbed and I'll be watching.
Cheers.
#StopPluginAbuse

Mordred

Quote from: Deimos Rast on September 13, 2016, 07:06:13 AM
solid introduction right there; deserves a watch just for that. Instead of just posting a link for subsequent episodes, you could give a one sentence synopsis of the episode. It'd make it seem more like a book, or in this case a saga. Just a thought, might be too much work.
Video time. ;D

Edit: there is a new Medieval mod out: Rimworld Medieval Edition on steam. Also, there is a mod that removes all factions and guns on steam. You might already know all this, but I'm just giving you feedback based on the first episode. And you got that fancy tech because you technically did the "Classic Start" and it's tagged with it. Tribal start is what you should have done.

Cadence good; delivery, tone, clarity, all that vocal stuff all by and large good (although you do have a tendency to trail off on occasion and get quieter, especially as the episode progressed).
I really liked the intro with the explanations of the back stories (I happen to enjoy history a lot and everyone loves Vikings, so it was a good time :D). 
Anyway, I subbed and I'll be watching.
Cheers.

Hey, glad to hear from you, and welcome to the channel! Thank you for the feedback, it's always nice to get constructive criticism.

I did used to do a 1 sentence overview of each episode, but after asking the community it was clear that very few actually read it and it is quite honestly very time consuming to write out (I put out 4-5 episodes a day, and would need to make up something short and catchy for each).

I know I tend to trail off sometimes, it's something I am working on (and generally being more energetic in the video!), but it tends to happen when I'm deep in thought about a particular problem so its difficult to keep in mind!

Good to know about the Rimworld Medieval Edition. I'll check it out. I know about classic start, my previous 2 series were Tribal starts, and the lack of defences (and food preservation pre-cool box) got me killed off really early on each time. With the improvements that came with Medieval Times it's less of an issue, but I still wanted the modern techs just in case things went badly too soon.

Anyways, here's the next episode!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UTeP7I86apw