Umm, Incest?

Started by LouisTBR, September 07, 2016, 01:23:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LouisTBR

Ok, so I understand there is already pyromaniac cannibals and slave traders, but should Yorkies really be able to get it on with their MOTHER?
Only in RimWorld is the phrase "31 Heavily-Armed Siegers are currently bombing your base" preferable to "50 manhunting squirrels are attacking your colony"

CannibarRechter

Was this put back in the game for A15? Anyway, yes, they should. For one, that's just how animal behave**. For two, the management of this has no feasible in game mechanic that isn't terrible micro-management. The game's A14 anti-incest provisions were just terribly annoying.

**Technically many mammalian species will naturally avoid direct parent-child incest, but they will also sometimes do it, but they don't seem to have much in the way of rules otherwise.
CR All Mods and Tools Download Link
CR Total Texture Overhaul : Gives RimWorld a Natural Feel
CR Moddable: make RimWorld more moddable.
CR CompFX: display dynamic effects over RimWorld objects

Aatxe360

Animal traders in-game are rare enough(without having to call them and hope they bring the type of tame animal you're looking for).   I have been breeding huskies for 3 game years and they all have multiple relations.  I'm ok with this.  Just wish there were a spay/neuter option.  I know there is a mod, but I don't think it's A15 compatible as of this post.

PotatoeTater

I actually just put animal group areas with depending on the animal, 3 females and 1 male. I will have 3 or 4 groups this way and keep expanding and mixing new animals so they don't have to worry about that since it was restricted in alpha 14.
Life is Strange

rexx1888

i wouldnt mind a neuter option... i got a animal join event an now have a metric buttload of pregnant cats....