[REQUEST] Non-Micro-Managing Cooking

Started by loki0331, March 17, 2014, 08:19:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

loki0331

I don't know about the reset of you guys, but the main thing that bugs the shit out of me is micro-managing cooking. Can someone try to make a mod that makes another option to cooking/blacksmith/stone cutting/butchering tables that makes it so you can set a static amount of objects made?

I.E. instead of having two options, Forever and a specific # to be crafted, can you make it so there will be a STATIC number crafted at all times.  So if you set it up to craft/sustain 5 simple meals, the crafter will make 5 then walk away till someone eats, then he will go and make one more on his own.

They are Colonists in space.... i don't understand why you have to tell them to make food all the time.....

FowlJ

Tynan has implemented this for the next version of the game already.

You can keep up with the public changelog here.

loki0331

If your referencing the post from internal build 379 that says:

"● Bills no longer vanish on hitting zero count (you can reactivate them without reconfiguring them"

That's not the same thing as what I'm thinking about. you still have to go back and tell it to start the bill again because it counts down and only makes what you tell it to. All his post says is the bill will stay there so you don't have to reset the range and what materials to use (agave/strawberry/potato). What I was saying is, you set the bill to always have a set number of items in your inventory count (so stuff not in a supply zone doesn't get counted). If someone eats, the bill automatically gets updated and the cook/chef creates another meat without you having to constantly check to make sure you don't have 50 meals for the 5 colonists you have, there will only be 5 made at a time.

I know this is a colony simulator. I know your expected to manage your colonists and tell them what to do, but some things should be automatic.

Gavin

Patch notes, Feb 27: "Added target amount for bills; colonists won’t do the bill if you have more than the target amount in storage." Then later Tynan added the "bills no longer vanish" feature. Also, "Bill config interface displays ingredient search radius ring."

All of this plus the hunting system will result in much less micromanagement over the food happiness of our peeps.