Should I Recruit?

Started by Zeneth, September 10, 2016, 03:48:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zeneth

https://gyazo.com/5efce2d6b0f834e433d3b5ecb2025628
So basically this dude showed up to my colony as a raider and he was downed, so I captured him. I looked as his stats and I was really surprised, as I've never really seen a raider this...."diverse". I'm really torn on if I should recruit him or let him go.

Jinxi

I never recruit Pyromaniacs. All he can do is fighting. So most of the time he is useless for the colony.

Serenity

Well, she is great with animals too :p But no

One pyromaniac is ok if you have a stone base and people who can fight fires. But not if you have one made from wood.

s22190

I'd harvest his kidney and lungs.

carbon

I would pass.

If you really needed a full time artist, maybe. But you're starting from level 2 skill and they are lazy, so really suboptimal. Being a pyro doesn't help that.

RazorHed

There's a perfectly good scene from Babylon 5 that explains what you should do.

A man complains to Captain Sheridan that Commander Ivoniva said she would throw him out an airlock. So Sheridan says , Is that true? did you threaten to throw this man out an airlock ? I'm sorry what she meant to say was stripped naked and thrown out an airlock.  We can't waste perfectly good clothes .

Good : capture , strip , release

Neutral : let die then strip

Morbid : add two peg legs , a denture, then install a prosthetic arm on each side and remove them  , then release

Evil : take as many organs from him as possible then eat :) yuuuuum

8roads

Quote from: RazorHed on September 10, 2016, 09:33:47 PM
There's a perfectly good scene from Babylon 5 that explains what you should do.

A man complains to Captain Sheridan that Commander Ivoniva said she would throw him out an airlock. So Sheridan says , Is that true? did you threaten to throw this man out an airlock ? I'm sorry what she meant to say was stripped naked and thrown out an airlock.  We can't waste perfectly good clothes .

Good : capture , strip , release

Neutral : let die then strip

Morbid : add two peg legs , a denture, then install a prosthetic arm on each side and remove them  , then release

Evil : take as many organs from him as possible then eat :) yuuuuum

i find their apparels less deteriorated if they are stripped alive.

DuckBoy

Are you people kidding me?  He is the perfect Thrumbo trainer! 

Just don't let him make any friends, you might actually want him to shoot a couple people by "accident" so they party when he dies. 

Sanaart

I had one of these guys... Except he was much much better at art. I don't think I would recruit; at least if he was better at art he could do that all day, but he will be idle all the time.

Michigo

Quote from: Sanaart on September 12, 2016, 03:54:58 AM
I had one of these guys... Except he was much much better at art. I don't think I would recruit; at least if he was better at art he could do that all day, but he will be idle all the time.

I would recruit him, either he dies in combat or ends up being a master artist someday. :)

Granted, there is a slim possibility he might end up burning to death... pyros are fun!

deepSeaKing

i would definitely recruit him, and make him a full time animal trainer, he would be a good solider to. one pyromaniac  is not much of a big deal if everything is made up of stone.