[A16] MarsX v3.0.2 - Musky Edition

Started by Dubwise, September 11, 2016, 09:34:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tig2

Any chance that  Edb Prepare Carefully will be working ?

Or do i miss something ?
"The strongest among you, may not wear a crown"

Dubwise

Quote from: Tig2 on January 05, 2017, 03:41:09 PM

Or do i miss something ?

(edit) Make sure the prepare carefully is AFTER mars on the mod list, i just tested and that seems to work fine

Iwillbenicetou

How do I make my colonists automatically start and end their EVA? it's very annoying having to do it manually
Mod Help! The basics on how to download mods!

WoodyDaOcas

tried it for the first time, looks very solid :) Thank you very much for the nice mod ) Appreciated
Anyway, did I miss anything about making steel ? Iron, smelting table, 10 steel per bill seems a bit.. slow :)

Canute

Quote from: Iwillbenicetou on January 05, 2017, 05:10:44 PM
How do I make my colonists automatically start and end their EVA? it's very annoying having to do it manually
dubwise refuse a full auto. switch for this.
You just can set at the EVA station to remove the suit before they going to bed.
But you need to put them on manualy.

But dubwise, what do you think to store turque and jacket at the empty station as switch gear.

Edit:
Ok, does all plant got special O2/tox cleaning ability or just the original ones ?
I tryed to use T-ExpandedCrops mod for some extra crops and 2 meal recipes. But now i got extremly toxicity in my rooms.

Dubwise

yeah i'll probably store hats and jackets into the stations, i just need to display it and add a job driver to be able to remove them, then i could expand that out to things like outfit lockers like when i add labs and lab coats and stuff like that.

And as for full auto suit equipping there's only 1 way i have thought of that i like and that's if i can override the timetables to add an EVA time slot, and if i could override every job driver so the only things you can do in the suit are mine, construct, haul, clean and dig sand, and i would also stack debuffs to mood the longer you wear it.

Iwillbenicetou

how do you make the reactor work? I can't get it to work
Mod Help! The basics on how to download mods!

Dubwise

Quote from: Iwillbenicetou on January 05, 2017, 08:08:47 PM
how do you make the reactor work? I can't get it to work

send the core components and fuel module from earth, build the core, build a radiator and connect it to the core via cooling pipes, build a thermoelectric generator and connect to the core via heat pipe, build a transformer and connect it to the thermoelectric generator via high voltage cable, connect your power conduit to the transformer, then load a fuel module into the core. you can see the total watt output on the transformers inspect window, to get max power it takes 4 generators and 8 radiators

Canute

Let me guess,
-AGS split CO2 into O2 and CO, but the CO tank don't fill so it don't get stored and used yet.

-The AGS get CO2 from the Martian air, but the MISPP need to have it stored ? At the current rare my CO2 tank is filling it take years until i get enough fuel. DOH just saw i didn't notice windtraps. But honestly the MISPP should use stored CO too, if the AGS would output it.
Does the MISPP got an O2 output ?
But logical wouldn't need the AGS a windtrap too ? :-)

- Any use of C2H4 yet ?

- I just notice Skylight works under mountain again.

RickyMartini

QuoteDoes the MISPP got an O2 output ?

yep :)

Lerin

We have water, are you planning a thirst-dehydration system ?

Canute

Damn i wished Redist heat would be working with A16 allready.
The Nuclear reactor is sooo hot.

Ok, to info other people, the reactor self is generating heat, not the other parts.
Currently it don't made sense to build radiators at cooler room to heat them. :-(

Darkfirephoenix

Quote from: Canute on January 06, 2017, 11:15:00 AM
Damn i wished Redist heat would be working with A16 allready.
The Nuclear reactor is sooo hot.

Ok, to info other people, the reactor self is generating heat, not the other parts.
Currently it don't made sense to build radiators at cooler room to heat them. :-(
One would imagine that the reactor itself may warm up a bit but the radiators would emit the most heat, due to them designed that way (getting the heat out of the reactors).
About reactors: There are 2 main values of heat in a reactor, internal heat and external/hull heat. Usually you want to keep the hull temperature as low as possible and the internal as high as possible (without reaching critical levels), you want to heat the liquid inside to produce power (also doubles as cooling) and having the hull glowing bright red doesn't help you much with that.

On a completely different note: How will the "credits for research" work? Have your pawns do generic "research" jobs at some tables/machines?

Hmmmm... Just got a idea:
How about having your people "research" something and come up with a idea.
You then send a request for a experiment to earth which they will prepare and send to you. Finishing that experiment would yield a amount of "credit" and also maybe something usefull for your people (experimental power generation, materials, medical stuff etc.).
From there on you could request the materials for you to make more of that result of the experiment (if something usefull came out of it)

Also requesting prefab-hightech machines would be nice, like a fabricator or such that you wouldn't be able to build on your own (unless you already have a full suite of hightech fabricators).

Canute

QuoteHmmmm... Just got a idea:
How about having your people "research" something and come up with a idea.
So far dubwise wrote he got similar thoughts.
The pawn need to work/research to earn credits to buy more suplies or other things from earth beside some rare standard supplies missions.

to dubwise,
what do you think about to create a new  sunlamp + irri. pump into with support pillar abilities.
Currently the area from the pump and sunlamp differ a bit and it would be usefule to have these extra pillar for later once you have enough energy to support sunlamps (1600W).
Because of the plume events serveral plant die before  they get mature, thats why i switch to sunlamps.

Edit:
The nuclear reactos is realy nice, good power output with the proper extension and not that complicate then rimushima (sorry didn't used that mod so far, the decription sounds like more like a reactor simulation then a useable tool).
You should put it in an own mod for regular use. Uranium as regular fuel, with 3 upgrade researches to build extra addon.

I am realy amazed what have you done so far, and this all alone.

EvilShroud

Quote from: Tig2 on January 05, 2017, 03:41:09 PM
I had a heck of a time getting Prepare Carefully to work as well. The game kind of hangs for a while (press OK but nothing happens), and no landing takes place once it unfreezes. I found 2 things that solved this:
1) Does not work with additional items
2) Does not work with relationships

Basically you can use it to make sure your colonists don't start with injuries, initial clothing (you do not need to select an EVA suit, one will be provided regardless), and you can make their stats whatever you like.

I hope this helps anyone else having problems. Would be cool if we could get those little bugs worked out, but honestly I'm just happy this mod exists at all! Has completely changed the way I look at Mars games.