Error occurs when attempting to load save file [MODDED]

Started by Megalith, September 12, 2016, 09:36:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Megalith

When I try to load into any save file, it hangs on 'loading map' and then crashes, giving an error report (attached, along with the output_log file and crash.dmp file, no idea if they're useful or not).

I also ran the conflict checker tool, with the results being attached, but I have no idea how to interpret the results...

Could someone please help me? I just really want to play the game, but I have absolutely no idea what's going wrong or if it's fixable  :(

I believe the mod load order is in the RCC file, to save me pasting it here and spamming up the post!

Thanks!

P.S. Sorry if this isn't the right place for this, I'm not very used to these forums or these sorts of issues in general. Please let me know if I've done anything wrong and I'll try my best to fix it!

[attachment deleted by admin - too old]

nccvoyager

From the looks of the output log, a mod with "FacialStuffInjector" is causing a large number of errors.

There were two conflicting mods.
"Extended Prosthesis" and "A Dog Said" are incompatible as-is.
In addition, 25 mods had mis-placed DLL files.  That may or may not be a problem.

Can you start a game with all mods disabled, save, and then reload, and let us know whether or not that works?
If it works, it is an issue with a mod, or multiple mods.
If loading still doesn't work, please provide that save file, and the output_log file that is created after that.

If the new save file is too large to upload here after compression, sites like Dropbox or Google Drive can be used.

Megalith

Hm, strange, I could have sworn that those two mods were specifically stated to be compatible... Maybe that was lost when they switched to A15?

Right, I went to do this, and got an error when initialising after turning off all the mods, I'll attach the crash report files for that (output_log file too big to attach, here's the dropbox link for the three crash files https://www.dropbox.com/sh/clnwvj7nq6xff2l/AAAaKz-pxqrFc4HMrPEmmOlNa?dl=0).

Okay, so a modless save seems to work fine, which I suppose is relieving at least! Do you know if there's any way to recover my save that won't load though? I've already had to lose a recent playthrough to an annoying bug, it'd be a shame to lose another so soon! :(

Either way, thank you so much for your help!

nccvoyager

Yeah, just turning off the mods will not work.  Unfortunately, data in the save file already relies on the mods, and thus cannot be loaded.
(Not without manually editing the save file to remove all data associated with one mod or the other.)

There may be a "compatibility" version of the mods, though I am unsure.

If not, a complex process of merging the two together may allow them to work, though I am unable to provide assistance on that front.

On the topic of mods...
If you do not want to risk a mod update breaking a saved game, you can manually download mods from the forum, which would disallow Steam from automatically updating mods until you are ready.
(Steam would still update the base game, though Tynan is, if I read correctly, planning to continue to provide "beta" versions of future Alphas on Steam so that players can revert back to an old version, as he did with the update from A14 to A15.  Unfortunately, the Steam Workshop will still update any mod that you have downloaded through it, even if the mods are not yet compatible with the currently-selected version of RimWorld.  As such, I suggest downloading mods from the forums instead.  Most mods are available here as well as on the Steam Workshop.)

Megalith

Ahh, that's unfortunate  :(

There are a few compatibility mods, but from looking at the conflict checker after installing them, it's not looking and prettier.

That's a good point, however I find the fact that they update automatically to be pretty useful, as I'd always forget to manually update them! Pros and cons, I suppose!

Anyway, thank you very much for your help!

nccvoyager

Yeah, it is unfortunate that Steam has no method of disabling automatic updating for mods.  Alas, it is the way it is.

Regardless, I do hope you continue to enjoy the game at least!

Megalith

Oh, I almost certainly will! It's just too good to give up on!