[MOD] (Alpha 3F) Industrial RIM (v.1.1.2)

Started by Cala13er, March 17, 2014, 05:16:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

What age would you prefer to start in using the new tech tree?

Ancient Era - Start from the beginning of the tech tree (Start with almost nothing available)
253 (70.1%)
Classical Era - Start 1 age up from the beginning of the tech tree (Start with few things available)
33 (9.1%)
Medieval Era - Start 2 ages up from the beginning of the tech tree (Start with many things available)
17 (4.7%)
Renaissance Era - Start 3 ages up from the beginning of the tech tree (Start with plenty of things available)
7 (1.9%)
Industrial Era - Start 4 ages up from the beginning of the tech tree (Start with just over half of things available)
23 (6.4%)
Modern Era - Start 5 ages up from the beginning of the tech tree (Start with most things available)
9 (2.5%)
Atomic Era - Start 6 ages up from the beginning of the tech tree (Start with almost everything available)
2 (0.6%)
Information Era - Start 7 ages up from the beginning of the tech tree (Start with only few things not available, and not many researches)
2 (0.6%)
Experimental Era - Start 8 ages up from the beginning of the tech tree (Start with everything but the experimental stage stuff)
15 (4.2%)

Total Members Voted: 361

Cala13er

Quote from: daft73 on April 25, 2014, 12:55:03 PM
Is there a way to limit the amount of unique items to the mod. I mean I like the new concepts, but it forces some choices for the player. I am sure there is a way to make less unique items, yet keep the mods identity. What exactly is the reason behind replacing vs just adding a new resource to the game? That seems like a logical solution, but then again I'm not working on the mod and this may not be possible.

The mod is far from finished so that is why you may feel like it adds some pointless features. I'm unsure whether I want to continue with industrial rim either. May move on to a different project.

iame6162013

Linus Torvalds: "But it clearly is the only right way. The fact that everybody else does it some other way only means that they are wrong"
Robert J. Hanlon: "Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity."

daft73

Quote from: iame6162013 on April 25, 2014, 01:02:17 PM
Is there a way to limit the amount of unique items to the mod. I mean I like the new concepts, but it forces some choices for the player. I am sure there is a way to make less unique items, yet keep the mods identity. What exactly is the reason behind replacing vs just adding a new resource to the game? That seems like a logical solution, but then again I'm not working on the mod and this may not be possible.
but if u mean the metal 'change' it's just the normal metal. But with a new texture ;)
I am aware of this, just think that compatibility rules the day, leaving the old texture as is, and just adding anew one.

daft73

Quote from: Cala13er on April 25, 2014, 01:30:00 PM
Is there a way to limit the amount of unique items to the mod. I mean I like the new concepts, but it forces some choices for the player. I am sure there is a way to make less unique items, yet keep the mods identity. What exactly is the reason behind replacing vs just adding a new resource to the game? That seems like a logical solution, but then again I'm not working on the mod and this may not be possible. We must not forget the most rewarding projects, are the tough ones.

The mod is far from finished so that is why you may feel like it adds some pointless features. I'm unsure whether I want to continue with industrial rim either. May move on to a different project.
Ah, ok well to each their own. There are no pointless features to worry about, just possibly a re-work of the system(minor) I'd think.

Darkfirephoenix

Don't you DARE to stop working on it! >:( Or I'll find you and I'll hunt you down!  8)

Above is just a little joke, but I think the idea of industrial rim is a good one, so keep working on it. As far is I can tell, you don't even have implemented 10% of the ideas for the mod and you can normaly only say at around 50% of most projects if it's working or not. I am strongly for further work on industrial rim and maybe someone could give you ideas how it could work better. ;) Ask me questions, maybe I can help. (And maybe make something like Evul has with "Mantis", so we can coordinate it a bit better! :) [or ask Evul if you could use it?])

Cala13er

Quote from: daft73 on April 25, 2014, 01:45:19 PM
Is there a way to limit the amount of unique items to the mod. I mean I like the new concepts, but it forces some choices for the player. I am sure there is a way to make less unique items, yet keep the mods identity. What exactly is the reason behind replacing vs just adding a new resource to the game? That seems like a logical solution, but then again I'm not working on the mod and this may not be possible. We must not forget the most rewarding projects, are the tough ones.

Ah, ok well to each their own. There is no pointless features to worry about, just possibly a re-work of the system(minor) I'd think.

Well if you could point me in the right direction, that'd be great! I really don't know where to go from where I am now.

Darkfirephoenix

Well I have encountered a slight problem: You have to be VERY carefull with the metal you have untill you get smelter researched, because if you aren't carefull you have no metal on the map left (worst case) or your colonists have to walk from one end to the other to get metal to build stuff... Maybe make the "normal" smelter buildable from the beginning and only the alloy-smelter needs research... Or you could build some stuff out of alternative materials... Hrmmm I haven't thought too much about it yet, but the smelter thing happend to me at least twice

Sicken

Quote from: Cala13er on April 25, 2014, 02:08:45 PM
Quote from: daft73 on April 25, 2014, 01:45:19 PM

Ah, ok well to each their own. There is no pointless features to worry about, just possibly a re-work of the system(minor) I'd think.

Well if you could point me in the right direction, that'd be great! I really don't know where to go from where I am now.

Quote from: Darkfirephoenix on April 25, 2014, 02:18:00 PM
Well I have encountered a slight problem: You have to be VERY carefull with the metal you have untill you get smelter researched, because if you aren't carefull you have no metal on the map left (worst case) or your colonists have to walk from one end to the other to get metal to build stuff... Maybe make the "normal" smelter buildable from the beginning and only the alloy-smelter needs research... Or you could build some stuff out of alternative materials... Hrmmm I haven't thought too much about it yet, but the smelter thing happend to me at least twice

I think that if you were to add in some sort of workbench that has low cost of metal and was used for smelting down ore into ingots at a slow rate then increase the research cost for the current smelter and rename it to an auto smelter that should help with early game progression and slow it down a little. I believe that this mod is working towards automation so i would then make a Auto Agricultural  supplier that grows and harvests your plants then leaves them on the floor. I was also think if it is possible to create a small robot pawns that can clean and haul items that would be cool. Also here is the two banners for industrial rim and betterpower+.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/mkz8mxu470pjulm/Sicken%27sAddons.zip?dl=1&token_hash=AAFboa0XTrqndr3PfnO1USrszhoi5CP7VAjbpQBtT5wxzQ

daft73

Quote from: daft73 on April 25, 2014, 01:45:19 PM....
There are no pointless features to worry about, just possibly a re-work of the system(minor) I'd think.
Just restating for the sake of the conversation :)... I don't think there are useless concepts/items, just a rework of the resources involved.
Darkfirephoenix has an idea above.

Jdalt40

Will this mod be compatible with better power because better power already has a wind turbine?

Cala13er

Quote from: Joshy1111 on April 26, 2014, 12:23:58 AM
Will this mod be compatible with better power because better power already has a wind turbine?

No, but not because of the wind turbine, but because of the map gen.

Cala13er

Quote from: daft73 on April 25, 2014, 03:42:44 PM
Quote from: daft73 on April 25, 2014, 01:45:19 PM....
There are no pointless features to worry about, just possibly a re-work of the system(minor) I'd think.
Just restating for the sake of the conversation :)... I don't think there are useless concepts/items, just a rework of the resources involved.
Darkfirephoenix has an idea above.

I have decided to take that Idea, version 2.0.0 will include it. (I'm bumping straight from 1.1.0 to 2.0.0 as I'm making a major update and not minor.

dannyepsin

just been reading the change log. water sounds amazing, could you ellaberate for me :P

Sicken

--- Hydro Accelerators removed until I can think of use for them!

i think that you can use these for the purpose of increasing the water pressure and allowing for the turbines to spin faster creating more energy

Cala13er

Quote from: Sicken on April 27, 2014, 07:03:35 PM
--- Hydro Accelerators removed until I can think of use for them!

i think that you can use these for the purpose of increasing the water pressure and allowing for the turbines to spin faster creating more energy

Right, so I could make them components for the Advanced Turbines and the Hydro Power Plants?