Max Number of Mods At Once?

Started by Talus, March 22, 2014, 12:05:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Talus

Hi everyone.  I couldn't find the answer to my question, so I was wondering if anyone knew if there was a limit on the maximum number of mods that can be loaded in the game.  In the Configure Mods menu, I can see 16 mods listed, but I have more than 16 mods in my mods folder.  There is no scroll bar and using the mouse wheel/down arrow key doesn't show any additional mods in the list.  I had to reduce the number of mods in my mods folder in order to see those that were missing.  Is there a fix for this or did I miss something?  Thanks!

harpo99999

it has been mentioned that alpha 3 will not have this issue, but personally I just edit the ModsConfig.xml by adding in extra lines starting with <li>(mod name)</li>

Jo The Veteran

That literally didn't help at all. Where is the ModsConfig.xml located, add what? The mod name? Number? Add it where?
Really now not everyone here is a programmer or mod developer to guess what you're saying. Thank God for google though.
So let me show you how it's done properly!

1. So for windows 7 you navigate to "C:\Users\(Your account Name)\AppData\LocalLow\Ludeon Studios\RimWorld", that's where you find the ModsConfig.xml.
2. You open simply with notepad.
3. You add each mod by typing the name of their folder inside those <li>(mod name)</li> symbols. Alphabetically the first 16 will be already lined up, you add the rest from your "RimWorld\Mods" folder following the same pattern as those first 16 ones.
Note that the mods you add manually will still not show in the mods list, the 16 mods limit would still apply, however they will load and run regardless.

And that is all. Either do something from start to finish or don't do it at all. Anything in between is just wasting other people's time.

jamieg

you need to take into consideration for the amount of items your adding to the game because if there is too many the items list will literally go straight of the right of your screen and you will not be able to access some items (sometimes critical ones) especially as you research and you unlock even more items. luckily ive heard that this will not be an issue in alpha 3 fingers crossed :) but in the meantime check this out http://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=2784.0 its a bunch of mods that work great together.
YES! Its true! im updating The BIG BANG mod pack check it out here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=orzLZbECR20&list=UUr1sEPUEhFqy01q16zGisIg