A wonderful hellscape. Truly a lovely mess.

Started by UrbanBourbon, March 22, 2014, 10:40:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

UrbanBourbon

The image is the soup. These were the ingredients.

A colony of 40-50. SWOOOSH. Randy decides to send 40+ raiders my way. "O...K." I thought to myself. "Looks a little tough but I think I can handle it." 30 seconds later: SWOOOSH. Another group. 20+ of them, I think. "Goddamnit, Randy. FINE!" I know in the back of my mind that they'll arrive within a minute of each other. The first wave comes. Things get hairy. So much shooting going on. I rescue four colonists from dying. Lucky I didn't lose anyone. Raiders retreat, what's left of them. I order the clean-up.

Randy: "Not so fast."
*DIKIDIH*

Notification: A psychic wave. Boomrats go mad, 20-30 of them. My cleaners had barely started. I got lucky, again, because no boomrats are inside my colony perimeter. But I know they'll come flooding within 10 seconds. They have to. I'm too paralyzed to even look around for them. Blood's everywhere and boomrats are red, too... I pause and start hesitantly ordering people back to battle stations. Unpause. Boomrats start trickling in immediately. One at a time they blow up as half of my cleaners cover for the other half. Time to pull the rest back as well. At this point my soldiers are back in position. It is no longer a trickling current of boomrats. It is a river of at least a dozen of them. The cleaner group is still retreating, under heavy friendly fire.

"Come get some, you little bastards! Tyaaargh!"

Boomboomboombuh-boomboom. A beautiful rapid-fire orchestra of bullets and dying boomrats. Fire is everywhere, even though there's no grass. It's the raider bodies that burn... and electrical wire. A couple of my battlefield lights go out. Rain! Thank gods. It's 6pm. *DIKIDIH*. The second raider group startds advancing. The last boomrat dies. No rest for the wicked.

I pause and zoom out to check out the other raider group. The sight strikes me. I notice immediately I wasn't the only one who got attacked by boomrats! Ha! I just wish I had seen the other fight. 2 raiders dead on the spot at least, and many of them wounded. Their upcoming attack on my colony was pitiful. Later I recovered at least 8 boomrat corpses from the raider landfall site. As my colonists start gathering the bodies to the disposal site, I start piecing together the events from the past hectic 15 minutes. I find a bit of symbolism there.

Sometimes Randy knows how to keep a man on the edge.

[attachment deleted by admin: too old]

Benny the Icepick

Ah, I so very much love it when raiders arrive at the same time as a pack of rabid animals.  Seeing those pockets of flame all over the map is a beautiful sight.

Ermantis

StorymasterQ

Randy is known for his Troll-like tendencies. Though I'd prefer a truly Troll storyteller. Someone who would drop 30 raiders on Day 2 only for them to leave the next day. Probably a notification that a neighboring faction was attacked.
I like how this game can result in quotes that would be quite unnerving when said in public, out of context. - Myself

The dubious quotes list is now public. See it here