Dependence and withdrawal

Started by gh2k, September 28, 2016, 12:26:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hans Lemurson

You can harvest the organs of a man dying from sepsis, malaria, or plague and they will be pristine so long as you get them out of him before the disease-counter reaches 100%.

I have no reason to believe that the organs of a luciferium patient will be any different.

Mental break: playing RimWorld
Hans Lemurson is hiding in his room playing computer games.
Final straw was: Overdue projects.

Superteej1996

Wish I knew about harvesting organs from sick people. Would have helped a lot of my games haha.

XeoNovaDan

Yeah, lucy doesn't affect the organs in any way, shape, or form.

khearn

My withdrawl story:

I got a popup about someone who wanted to join my colony. The description sounded like he might be useful, so I let him join. I then start looking through his gear and note that he's carrying 4 hits of yayo. Hmm.  So I check his health, and sure enough, he's a yayohead. He didn't put that on his application. :-/

I let him keep his stash, and before long he's run out and going into withdrawl. Life's a bitch, ain't it buddy? I set him to have lots of joy time, plant a bunch of daylillies in his room, and let him start working his way through his withdrawl.

He's abut up to 70% withdrawn when I get a blue envelope announcing drop-pod Christmas has arrived. I go to check it out and naturally I've received 29 units of yayo. Not what we need at the moment. Pause game, set up a stockpile and designate walls to be built all around it, and send someone off to haul the yayo and unpause. Then I decide to check on my yayohead, and find him halfway to the drop point with his action set to "snorting yayo". Nope. Not gonna happen. I drafted him and sent him off to guard the solar panels while the other colonists got the yayo walled up and safe.

So a few hours later we get a raid. Naturally, the only colonist injured in my yayohead, who takes 7 hits from a LMG. So now he's stuck in my rather rudimentary hospital that still has dirt floors, getting joy-deprived, and will soon start getting cabin fever. I'm planting a row of daylillies all along the hostpital's walls to try and cheer the place up, and have switched research to tube TV in hopes of getting on built to give him some joy.

Too much fun. :-/