huge animal sprites

Started by tiradimus, October 01, 2016, 05:08:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tiradimus

Hello,
i just installed the game on my ubuntu 16.04 and everything works fine, the game starts and iam able to do the tutorial or start a standart game.
But i have huge sprites of animals that overlay all other things. Has anyone an idea how this may happen or better how to get it to normal size?
For better understanding i attached a picture of the problem. As you can see its not happening to colonists nor trees or materials.

[attachment deleted by admin - too old]

milon

Actually, pretty much ALL your graphics are messed up.

Do you play any other Steam / Unity games?  How well do they work?  Can you find better drivers for your graphics card?

carnivore

Dude, you should be able to own with a dog that size.  Good thing you've also got an enormous stove, else it'd be tough to feed it.

tiradimus

I do play other games on unity and steam and they work just fine even though they need much more power.

I dont play RimWorld over steam. I have a standalone.

nccvoyager

Did you buy the game from the Ludeon site, or from Steam?

milon

If tiradimus has a non-Steam standalone, then (s)he would have bought it from Ludeon.  ;)

What version of RimWorld are you running?
What's your OS?
Have you tried rebooting your PC?
Have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling RimWorld?

nccvoyager

Should would probably be more accurate.
A bug showed up that only seemed to appear for users of a pirated copy of RimWorld.
So, worth asking anyway, no?
In any case, I do actually remember running into a similar issue in an earlier version, myself.
My computer ran into an "out of memory" error a minute or two later, probably caused by not shutting it down in a month, and the issue was resolved afterwards.
..Probably not related.

skullywag

Post your log file (no idea where it is on linux) thatll help us diagnose.
Skullywag modded to death.
I'd never met an iterator I liked....until Zhentar saved me.
Why Unity5, WHY do you forsake me?

milon

See my sig for help finding the linux log file  ;)

Quote from: nccvoyager on November 04, 2016, 12:07:08 PM
Should would probably be more accurate.
A bug showed up that only seemed to appear for users of a pirated copy of RimWorld.

Huh, I must have missed that happening.  I would vote heartily against fixing such a bug unless it has ramifications for legitimate users.  (Do you happen to have a link? I'm curious about that!)

nccvoyager

The thread basically went dead after somebody suggested that using the pirated version was what caused the bug.
It was the whole "pawns don't wake up after surgery" thing.

Thread Here

Post Regarding Piracy Here

Issue could not be reproduced, even with saved games and logs, in legitimate versions.
Confirmation regarding it actually happening in the pirated version is not corroborated.
(Apparently, people want to receive support for the bug, but don't want to say they pirated the game. Who'd of thought?)

PS: Not implying I am a tester in the final post there. Just putting the thought out there. Definitely not an official tester.

milon

Thanks!

@tiradimus, you can see the link in my sig about posting log files

nccvoyager

No problem, though we did get pretty off-topic.
I sincerely apologize, tiradimus.

mumo

Hi guys.
Sorry to beat a seemingly dead horse, but I have the same problem as OP - huge animal sprites hiding (almost) everything else, right away when starting a new game or even the tutorial.
Bought the game today via Ludeon, so no pirated version.
I'm running Arch Linux (64bit)
MoBo: msi 970 Gaming
RAM: DDR3 Crucial Ballistix 2x8GB
Processor: AMD FX6300
Graphics: [AMD/ATI]  [Radeon R7 370]

Please let me know if you need any other information - I'm pretty new to gaming and stuff ;)
I'd really appreciate any help. Thanks in advance!

[attachment deleted by admin due to age]

nccvoyager

Welcome mumo.
Unfortunately, I myself have no experience with the Linux version.
That being said, hold on, and someone (such as milon) may be able to provide assistance.

mumo

Thank you, nccvoyager.
Let's wait and see  ::)

EDIT: I just saw that both tiradimus and I are running the game on machines with German as system language; there's also a message concerning the language in my log file (almost at the end):
Importing game controller configs
UnloadTime: 4.583000 ms
Unexpected culture: de-DE. Resetting to en-US.

Might this be related?