[REQUEST] some kind of de-corpseifyer

Started by user27, March 24, 2014, 01:21:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

user27

does anyone know if its possible to make a mod that adds in a way to turn corpses into usefull colonists?   or use the corpse to make a cyborg for non-military use and/or a BMSU for military work
( i made up the term BMSU, it stands for Bio-Mechanical Support Unit )
i downloaded a mod to give me more colonist, then modded it to fix a problem and now all im getting is lots of raiders ( and the corpses are starting to stack up) and i can't tell my colonists to use there fists on raiders will SMGs
even if i have to research something or 5 and spend metal for each corpse it would be better then how it is now

Hancake

I tend to put them in gibbet cages to keep my colonists loyal, and with all the endless bodies I get from raids..I make a storage zone exclusively for human corpses at the opening to my Raider-Death-Box with all my turrets in. If there's a lot of raiders incoming, I set fire to the bodies with a molotov so the raiders are forced to climb over a pile of their burning dead. It's quite effective at dealing some damage before they even get in!

user27

i need a way to turn useless corpses into usefull colonists
i had an "aha!" moment earlier where you changed the corpses into an item ( like a cyborg or BMSU token) and then used that token to buy a cyborg or BMSU off a trader

Architect

Quote from: user27 on March 24, 2014, 05:17:58 PM
i need a way to turn useless corpses into usefull colonists
i had an "aha!" moment earlier where you changed the corpses into an item ( like a cyborg or BMSU token) and then used that token to buy a cyborg or BMSU off a trader

I am working on a zombie bench as a bit of a muck around mod which could turn dead things into less dead thing, but I make no promises as to whether I'll finish it or not.
Check out BetterPower+ and all its derivatives by clicking the picture below.

It adds many new methods of power generation and uses for it, as well as other things such as incidents.