QuantumX

Not sure if this is intended or not..

Using the following code to have an item produce heat;

<li Class="CompProperties_HeatPusher">
<compClass>CompHeatPusherPowered</compClass>
<heatPerSecond>30</heatPerSecond>
<heatPushMaxTemperature>300</heatPushMaxTemperature>
</li>

And then trying to use this compClass with an graphic that is more than 2 wide it will stop the heat pushing working, so examples;

In <graphicData> using the listed draw size results in the following;
<drawSize>(2,2)</drawSize> -- Heat pusher works
<drawSize>(2,3)</drawSize> -- Heat pusher works
<drawSize>(3,2)</drawSize> -- Heat pusher does NOT work
<drawSize>(4,4)</drawSize> -- Heat pusher does NOT work

Its seems that if the width of the graphic is larger that 2 will will not work, also if you rotate a graphic that is 2 wide one way the then 3 wide when rotated it also stops working when its rotated to be 3 wide.

QuantumX

Also noticed another bug to do with the above..

If you create an item with "drawscale" and "drawsize" of 2,3, in middle of room the heat pushed out comes from the left side, if you block it with a wall is does not work.

Example: (F = Item Blocks / W = Wall Blocks / O is Empty Space)

WFFW
WFFW  =  NO Heat being pushed out
WFFW

WFFW
OFFW  =  Heat Being pushed out
WFFW

WFFO
WFFO  =  NO Heat being pushed out
WFFO

OFFW
WFFW =  Heat being pushed out
OFFW

Basically Leaving any of the 3 left hand blocks free the heat pusher works, it make no difference covering the other block up, down or right of the item. BTW this is using the same heat pusher used for the camp fire, i assume its something to do with a 1 block around the fire being where the hear radiates out from?

Zhentar

Is your thing impassible? Heat gets pushed out from the center tile, and if the center tile isn't in a Room or touching a room, the heat won't get pushed anywhere.

QuantumX

Quote from: Zhentar on October 11, 2016, 04:54:02 PM
Is your thing impassible? Heat gets pushed out from the center tile, and if the center tile isn't in a Room or touching a room, the heat won't get pushed anywhere.

Yes my item is "impassible" for me you should not be able to walk through a fire either :)

My item is in the centre of a room, and if I make an item with a 3x3 graphic the heat pusher does not work. See above..

I'll also do a few testes with passthrough enabled. Perhaps i misunderstand the use for passthrough? i assume it to lets pawns "pass through" it?

QuantumX

OK so with passthrough this heatpusher works even rotating stuff... so the issue seems to be with the passthrough setting if impassible the above what i said still applied.

So not sure if this is a bug, intended or a programming limitation.. Unless its the first the thread can be removed.

ItchyFlea

Bug confirmed. I have listed it on Mantis here: https://ludeon.com/mantis/view.php?id=2690 Thank-you for reporting this.
All my mods are licensed under a Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International
Ask for permission before using in ModPacks

Click here for a list of the mods I've created