[Mod] (Alpha 2) Resource Kompression Mod

Started by Nasikabatrachus, March 26, 2014, 01:59:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nasikabatrachus

Resource Kompression Mod

Is your base overrun with psychotic potatoes?

Are you drowning in pistols, rifles, and grenades, with no idea how to get rid of them all?

Do you desperately need options to deal with the sheer volume of stuff that accumulates in a long-running colony?

Are you pulling your hair out over all those darn simple meals you have to keep track of just to keep people from cracking?

Worry no more! The Resource Kompression Mod is here! Now you can use up to 90% less space for storing items.

What it does:

The Resource Compression Mod adds (semi-)balanced in-game options for packing resources into smaller spaces through special recipes. At two new worktables, you can:

• Pack 300 of Potatoes, Berries, or Agave Fruit into food crates at a new Cannery Table (requires the cooking skill).
  • Convert Simple Meals into MREs, meal items which have no expiration date and which stack to 25 units, also at the Cannery Table (also requires cooking).
  • Create crates of 10 weapons at the Packing Table (requires the crafting skill)
  • Buy and sell crates from trading ships.
  • Stack Silver to 750 units per tile.
  • Buy Uranium at 1000 Silver each, and sell back to any trader for 750 silver. (Uranium now stacks to only 4 units).
  • Arrange for "special" surprises for raiders who are foolish enough to burn your Frag Grenade or Molotov Cocktail crates.

Screenshots

http://i.imgur.com/n2JNZ96.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/NmOm1TB.jpg

How to use:

Download and install in your mods folder, then start a new colony to use the Resource Kompression Mod. Warning: because this alters too many def files, this mod is incompatible with existing saves.

Authors:

Nasikabatrachus: New def files for mod.
mrofa: New textures for mod.

Known Issues:

• Incompatible with existing saves.
  • Meat Crate recipes are not included in this version because the game doesn't use meat defs in recipes properly, so including them would allow "laundering" of human meat into muffalo meat, etc.. This functionality will be fully implemented when Alpha 3 comes out. Short of that, I will post another version of the mod with meat packing recipes in a day or so.

• Grenade and Molotov Crates don't automatically explode after they are "lit". If they are damaged enough to be "lit" by the old Blasting Charge "about to go off" texture, they will remain that way indefinitely unless they are destroyed or consumed by the unpacking recipe. If you manage to save your explosives crates from a fire, you don't have to put up with them permanently sparking: just unpack the affected crates and repack them.

Please let me know of any issues you encounter with this mod so I can fix them as quickly as possible.

Existing Save Compatible Version [link]

Original Version Download \/ \/ \/

[attachment deleted by admin: too old]

OnyxShadow

Nasikabatrachus

Here's a version of the mod that is compatible with existing saves. This allows you to create food and weapon crates, but you won't be able to sell them. The alterations to Uranium are also left out. Silver is still stackable to 750.

The original version is technically useable with an existing save, but the game would crash if you contacted a trader.

Ender

wow this mod sounds really great! i was hoping Tynan would add a feature like this himself sooner rather than later but ill just use this until then. oh ya and cool user picture you have got there, Who watches the watchmen?
The voices in my head tell me to burn colonists....

mrofa

Did  extensive tests and didnt really found any problem with it atm, both on new colony and on old save, other that i need to fix few textures.
And my god  the weapon vaults looks now so clean and almost empty :D
Im not sure but it may be that this actually will make the game run better if you dont have tons of weapons laying everyware
All i do is clutter all around.

iame6162013

Linus Torvalds: "But it clearly is the only right way. The fact that everybody else does it some other way only means that they are wrong"
Robert J. Hanlon: "Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity."

WolfgangPolska

I don't like new uranium properties, I'm using Atomic Power Plant, and I need those 50 uranium to get energy :C
Otherwise I would install mod ...
I have no idea how, but it works!!!

iame6162013

Quote from: WolfgangPolska on March 30, 2014, 03:26:14 AM
I don't like new uranium properties, I'm using Atomic Power Plant, and I need those 50 uranium to get energy :C
Otherwise I would install mod ...

use the "Existing Save Compatible Version [link]" version it helps u with that i think
Linus Torvalds: "But it clearly is the only right way. The fact that everybody else does it some other way only means that they are wrong"
Robert J. Hanlon: "Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity."

iame6162013

oh and doesn't it work if there ain't a trader in the comsconsole and then install the mod?

Evul

mrofa

When Nasikabatrachus will be back there will be some texture fix.

iame6162013

Quote from: mrofa on March 30, 2014, 10:11:16 AM
When Nasikabatrachus will be back there will be some texture fix.

do u mean the top left resource listing or is one of the crates broken?

mrofa

Some crates and worktables still flicker, if you move camera or zoom in or out, not sure if there are problems with the resource list, but if you have any please post them here. Cant do much testing myself atm since architect is slave working me :D

Architect

Quote from: mrofa on March 30, 2014, 03:32:18 PM
Some crates and worktables still flicker, if you move camera or zoom in or out, not sure if there are problems with the resource list, but if you have any please post them here. Cant do much testing myself atm since architect is slave working me :D

Thats not true :P If you can't do it or don't have the time, you don't have to :P I'm just trying to make sure BetterPower+(V2.1.1) Is as good as it can possibly be for everyone :D
Check out BetterPower+ and all its derivatives by clicking the picture below.

It adds many new methods of power generation and uses for it, as well as other things such as incidents.

OmegaConstruct

I love this mod! Here's my food crated up and ready for shipping.