[1.0] Pick a Color! (Update Dec. 26)

Started by mabor0shi, October 18, 2016, 05:18:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Should there be any other changes in the special PaintBench version?

A small research requirement.
3 (15%)
Painting job should take time and give xp.
4 (20%)
Both of the above.
9 (45%)
Other (suggest via post in this thread).
0 (0%)
No other changes. Just add a bench.
2 (10%)
Don't want special bench. Sticking with Normal Version.
2 (10%)

Total Members Voted: 20

Dingo

You're definitely not on the same page, yes. What I'm saying is talking in general about what is logical and should be the case for the base game (i.e. we're saying Tynan should change it). It has nothing to do with you specifically or coding this mod.

mabor0shi

Quote from: Dingo on October 21, 2016, 02:15:15 AM
You're definitely not on the same page, yes. What I'm saying is talking in general about what is logical and should be the case for the base game (i.e. we're saying Tynan should change it). It has nothing to do with you specifically or coding this mod.
OK. now I c wat u meant wen u sed "I was talking in general". It was what u sed after that: the "you" in "You shouldn't need..." that threw me off. You meant "One shouldn't need...". In my mind, you said u were speaking in general terms, then went right back to talking about me specifically. I think. I have trouble following my own logic sometimes. I had a traumatic brain injury that affects my memory :-\ Let's just agree to agree that we agree, which I'm pretty sure is true. Thank you for your patience.
In other news: ItchyFlea said I should add wood to this mod so we hav that to look forward to! I'm sure everybody in this thread is super excited to... oh, it's just me and Dingo talking in circles til I get dizzy. Well, someone else will turn up eventually :D
Cool Mod, Bro Everything in RimWorld doesn't have to be either brown or grey anymore: Now you can Pick a Color!

animagus_kitty

This looks wonderful! You've found a way to not make me loathe sandstone maps! You have done Rimworld, and all my future colonies, a great service.

Tynan just needs to add a painting table to the base game. Simple, fast, fun.

Just one thing--are you sure red sandstone walls aren't a *little* too bright? Not much, just a little.

mabor0shi

Quote from: animagus_kitty on October 22, 2016, 05:30:48 AM
This looks wonderful! You've found a way to not make me loathe sandstone maps! You have done Rimworld, and all my future colonies, a great service.

Tynan just needs to add a painting table to the base game. Simple, fast, fun.

Just one thing--are you sure red sandstone walls aren't a *little* too bright? Not much, just a little.
The colors won't be exactly the same in-game as they are in the demo picture, because lighting will change with time of day and stuff. Also, everyone's monitor settings differ slightly. So it wouldn't be a good idea to change it based on one person's opinion. However, I only have specific feedback from one person and that one person has flattered my so expertly, I will take a little red out of red sandstone in the next update.
Cool Mod, Bro Everything in RimWorld doesn't have to be either brown or grey anymore: Now you can Pick a Color!

animagus_kitty

Quote from: mabor0shi on October 22, 2016, 06:31:34 PM

The colors won't be exactly the same in-game as they are in the demo picture, because lighting will change with time of day and stuff. Also, everyone's monitor settings differ slightly. So it wouldn't be a good idea to change it based on one person's opinion. However, I only have specific feedback from one person and that one person has flattered my so expertly, I will take a little red out of red sandstone in the next update.

Yay!

I noticed that an earlier post said something about adding wood to this mod. If you planned on doing anything besides adding 'paint wood' to the mod, keep in mind that VegGarden plays havoc with Extended Woodworking; something about wood drops doesn't like the added trees.  Just something to keep in mind. ^_^

kaptain_kavern

Modding/coding stuff :

An explanation could be the fact that the abstract/base used for treebase's def (and maybe the way they're coded in C# regarding the <harvestTag> they are using) make that any plants using <harvestTag> set on Wood to drop vanilla Wood by default (that's the bit of XML code that may trigger/involve C# code I don't know of *). If those mods are using custom/modded Wood resource, then compatibilities issues can happen.

* : Other plants are using <harvestTag> sets on Normal - But plants sets to inherit from treeBase AND with <harvestTag> on Normal will still be harvestable for say, fruits; while still dropping Wood if chopped.

Just my 2 cents. Keep up on the mod ;-)

animagus_kitty

Quote from: kaptain_kavern on October 24, 2016, 12:03:46 AM
Modding/coding stuff :

An explanation could be the fact that the abstract/base used for treebase's def (and maybe the way they're coded in C# regarding the <harvestTag> they are using) make that any plants using <harvestTag> set on Wood to drop vanilla Wood by default (that's the bit of XML code that may trigger/involve C# code I don't know of *). If those mods are using custom/modded Wood resource, then compatibilities issues can happen.

* : Other plants are using <harvestTag> sets on Normal - But plants sets to inherit from treeBase AND with <harvestTag> on Normal will still be harvestable for say, fruits; while still dropping Wood if chopped.

Just my 2 cents. Keep up on the mod ;-)

I have no idea what any of that means, but it *sounds* like it could be the problem, if I even kind of understood it.

kaptain_kavern

Oh I'm sorry mate, my wall of text was more intended to mabar0shi for NOT make the same kind of mistakes I've scratched my head about ;-)

About helping you directly about that I guess a mini mod with a recipe to convert one wood type to another would be sort of trade of solutions but those are both mods I haven't used in a while so I couldn't provide useful informations I guess, sorry

mabor0shi

Quote from: kaptain_kavern on October 24, 2016, 03:06:52 AM
Oh I'm sorry mate, my wall of text was more intended to mabar0shi for NOT make the same kind of mistakes I've scratched my head about ;-)
Thanks, but this mod is just colors. Although, I've been exploring other mod ideas lately. Like my idea where animal filth can be used as fuel and, plus some other ingredient, to make planters (like hydroponics things) It falied only because I can't make poops uncleanable and have animals still produce it. They poop, colonists haul it to a stockpile, then colonists sweep it into nothingness. Unless stockpile is outside home area or they use the filth right away, but that's too much compromise. :( RIP Filthy Fertilizer AKA Fertile Feces AKA Poopy Power.

mabor0shi

Big update finally out:
colored wood. new textures for stoneblocks and woodlogs. deleted stupid floor tiles. full changelog in 1st post. I put painting wood at Sculpting Table because people already have one, it only has 3 bills on it, and it's already used for art.
Full version download link on front page.
Vanilla Texture Ver.
ItchyFlea's Extended Woodworking Mod Compatible Ver.
Any other questions, even dumb ones, feel free to ask.

123nick

does stained bricks have the same stats , for all of them, or different? like, pink marble bricks, or brown granite bricks, etc, with the stats the same of the base material, marble and granite respectively, just different appearance.

mabor0shi

Quote from: 123nick on November 12, 2016, 12:32:15 AM
does stained bricks have the same stats , for all of them, or different? like, pink marble bricks, or brown granite bricks, etc, with the stats the same of the base material, marble and granite respectively, just different appearance.
They keep the stats they started with. All that changes is the color of the blocks or logs and the color of whatever you make with them. For example, things get a higher beauty rating if they are made out of marble and more HP if made with granite. I didn't change that. Color is only a visual difference, just like with people 8)

jeeohlee

can i has a suggestion?? can u makes a new ui in which you can customize the colors?? like as if its in a powerpoint or something??
deal with it...

Killaim

dismar