Rotating camera

Started by Sion, March 29, 2014, 12:41:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sion

I think it would be awesome to be able to rotate the camera, probably 90 degree, but if it could have other angles too it would be even cooler.
So many ideas... so little time...
Silence is the worst answer.

mrofa

Why would you want to rotate camera on the top view ?
All i do is clutter all around.

Sion

For some reasons:
* If you build a "Fire Wall": http://rimworldwiki.com/Defence_Tactics#The_.22Fire_Wall.22
And have the colonists lined up vertically, then the name of the colonists overlap the other colonists witch makes it hard to see.
* Sometimes when you build stuff with complex patterns that you have thought out, you realize that the landscape only support the design in the other direction (90 degree rotation) then it would be easier to switch the camera.
* It would be cool.

iame6162013

Quote from: Sion on March 29, 2014, 03:17:56 PM
For some reasons:
* If you build a "Fire Wall": http://rimworldwiki.com/Defence_Tactics#The_.22Fire_Wall.22
And have the colonists lined up vertically, then the name of the colonists overlap the other colonists witch makes it hard to see.
* Sometimes when you build stuff with complex patterns that you have thought out, you realize that the landscape only support the design in the other direction (90 degree rotation) then it would be easier to switch the camera.
* It would be cool.

I do agree really it woud be fun to 'change' the bottom of the map meaning that the rock will always be at the bottom but for player's who don't like that be able to change the camera.
Linus Torvalds: "But it clearly is the only right way. The fact that everybody else does it some other way only means that they are wrong"
Robert J. Hanlon: "Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity."

Thunder Rahja

Critically, it could be disorientating for people who accidentally hit the wrong key, etc.

Nova

It could be disorientating? Like drafting a person and not knowing it? Just mention it with a gui element.

I don't understand your second argument, Sion. The landscape doesn't change with rotating, so your "complex patterns" would still not fit.

Sion

Quote from: Nova on March 31, 2014, 09:29:21 PM
I don't understand your second argument, Sion. The landscape doesn't change with rotating, so your "complex patterns" would still not fit.
Not what I meant, if the pastern can be built in one way but not the other it would be nice to rotate the map and build it as usual, instead of trying to rotate it in my head first.

Dumatoin

I would love this.

Seems like it would be very easy to do too.

Toggle

You can't really judge how easy something would be just from how you imagine it would be.
Selling broken colonist souls for two thousand gold. Accepting cash or credit.