I want to go full 90's in this game.

Started by Razzoriel, November 05, 2016, 12:51:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Razzoriel

* Screw gender equality. I want the following modifiers to colonists of the female sex:

-3 Melee, +1 Social, +1 Medicine, +1 Artistic

* Colonists from both sexes (yes, I don't even want to pander to use the word "gender") cannot have relationships with the opposite sex. This means no "Gay" nor "Lesbo" traits.

* Female colonists can still do everything male colonists can. All other things remain what they are.

* Two days out of every season, female colonists get a -10 mood debuff.

* Female colonists get more social interaction weights. Example: A slight to a male that would reduce -10 to the relationship with a colonist now instead now is -15 to female.

* Female colonists that decide to write articles on how their colonies are oppressive will be sold to slavery to learn true oppression.

Thanks.

Lys

LouisTBR

Um, ok, I know you are going for a 90's view but this seems more like Victorian times.

You may consider this funny, but I would consider it silly and useless as a suggestion, and frankly sexist.
Only in RimWorld is the phrase "31 Heavily-Armed Siegers are currently bombing your base" preferable to "50 manhunting squirrels are attacking your colony"

Panzer

I fail to see the motivation behind the OP post. Just for the lulz?

milon

OP, are you asking for a mod or for a change to the game itself? We'll move the thread to an appropriate subforum based on your reply.

Panzer

You got a trashcan subforum? because it seems like a troll post, honestly, I will give him the benefit of doubt though :P

Alenerel

I consider your idea interesting and I agree, but I dont agree in some specific things.

1. I think I get your point, but character randomness is already pretty random. Also it makes no sense the +1 medicine and artistic in women... In any case I would give +2/-2 melee to people with big/squishy bodies.

2. You mean "of the same sex", not opposite, right? I actually think that homosexuality is ok in this game, but I wouldnt have it as a trait.

3. I dont get your point. Basically dont touch anything? -.-

4. That is genius and I love it. A quick google search says that it lasts 2-7 days, being 90 days a season (3 months), translated to rimdays would be around 1-3.5 days. Still, women, with a random factor, after 40 years should stop having this.

5. I think that it should also impact in their mood. For women social interactions are way more important and successful or failure interaction would affect their mood more. Or differently said, it would affect men less. I would also add a random percentage factor to each character, since some people are more sensible than others. Not everyone gets equally happy after a successfully conv, for example, some dont give a shit, some get very happy, etc. But on average, women should be more likely to be sensible in about +30%

And Im not joking, Im pretty serious.

J_Dawg_27

Does the value of everything the female pawns create automatically get reduced to 70%?

Alenerel

Quote from: J_Dawg_27 on November 05, 2016, 01:46:10 PM
Does the value of everything the female pawns create automatically get reduced to 70%?

Yes. When there are several bedrooms and apparel, the males will take always the best ones and leave the female the worst ones.

Also when a female has too much free time it will get a massive mood debuff called "feeling oppressed", which will cause her a PTSD mental breakdown, making her to talk to everybody nonstop until all of them get crazy and your colony is torn apart.

Ok, I went too far with realism...

Razzoriel

Quote from: milon on November 05, 2016, 01:05:53 PM
OP, are you asking for a mod or for a change to the game itself? We'll move the thread to an appropriate subforum based on your reply.
I'm sparking a controversial talk about players willing to change the game's direction based on how progressive the game is. Which means, it belongs in General Discussion so we can talk how progressivism in a colony sim with survival mechanics is making the community discuss sex roles in a community instead of tracking whether we get the real cool stuff like caravans.

People are dismissing my question as a troll post; it is a legit request. Is there any way outside modding we can make it so the game does not pander to progressiveness? It has been proven women are inferior to men physically. It has been proven women pander to social things rather than specific ones (engineers vs nurses). If there is no way this can be done, then fine, I'll make a "Sex Realism" mod where pawns are realistically assigned and designated as such.

Michigo

Quote from: Razzoriel on November 05, 2016, 02:25:02 PMIs there any way outside modding we can make it so the game does not pander to progressiveness?

Just because the devs didn't take the time to add extra modifiers based on sex, doesn't mean there is any agenda at all.

In fact Tynan pretty much doesn't care about political correctness at all.
We can do all kinds of uber nasty shit in rimworld and i bet he gets a laugh out of every SJW that somehow gets offended by rimworld. :D

PS:
You forgot to mention the +3 modifier to cooking woman should have by default.
Ofc they also need a -2 to research and -1 to shooting. /sarcasm

ArguedPiano

Quote from: Razzoriel on November 05, 2016, 02:25:02 PM
I'm sparking a controversial talk about players willing to change the game's direction based on how progressive the game is.
I think you'll find you are part of the minority in this point of view. I see no problems as you point them out to be. It is a game afterall, taking place in a fictional space, on an alien world.

It has been proven women are inferior to men physically. It has been proven women pander to social things rather than specific ones (engineers vs nurses).
You're generalizing half of the worlds population here. Honestly, do you expect 3+ billion people to have these 'traits' you're assuming them to have?

And if this is a legit suggestion, as you are claiming, there are better ways to go about this. Your posts come off as aggressive, and even hostile. If you truly want a serious conversation about it do so in a way that doesn't immediately piss people off.
The only difference between screwing around and science is writing it down.

milon

Quote from: milon on November 05, 2016, 01:05:53 PM
I'm sparking a controversial talk about players willing to change the game's direction based on how progressive the game is. Which means, it belongs in General Discussion so we can talk how progressivism in a colony sim with survival mechanics is making the community discuss sex roles in a community instead of tracking whether we get the real cool stuff like caravans.

People are dismissing my question as a troll post; it is a legit request. Is there any way outside modding we can make it so the game does not pander to progressiveness? It has been proven women are inferior to men physically. It has been proven women pander to social things rather than specific ones (engineers vs nurses). If there is no way this can be done, then fine, I'll make a "Sex Realism" mod where pawns are realistically assigned and designated as such.

Discussion is one thing, and suggestions are another. As I read this, it's more of a suggestion than anything else. And beware - you are on very thin ice with your "it has been proven" statements. I encourage discussion of ideas, but sexist comments won't be tolerated.

monkofmimmir

Quote from: milon on November 05, 2016, 03:33:00 PM
you are on very thin ice with your "it has been proven" statements. I encourage discussion of ideas, but sexist comments won't be tolerated.

At the risk of being baited into a troll thread.

Women being less physically strong than men on aggregate is a pretty well-documented fact.

Since there isn't a stat that directly represents strength even it was going to be included in Rimworld it'd be difficult to accurately simulate.

milon

You're correct, but what OP said was that women are inferior to men - and didn't specify that it was in regard to strength.