Explosive food

Started by Sion, March 29, 2014, 06:08:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sion

Me and a friend were discussing the butchering in RimWorld and the food, and concluded that there shuld be a mod that makes it so a colonist that have eaten too much Boomrat meet should explode when the colonist dies, just like a boomrat.

Why you may ask?
Just for fun!
So many ideas... so little time...
Silence is the worst answer.

Architect

Quote from: Sion on March 29, 2014, 06:08:32 PM
Me and a friend were discussing the butchering in RimWorld and the food, and concluded that there shuld be a mod that makes it so a colonist that have eaten too much Boomrat meet should explode when the colonist dies, just like a boomrat.

Why you may ask?
Just for fun!

That would be pretty funny XD Though I fear not entirely possible currently :/
Check out BetterPower+ and all its derivatives by clicking the picture below.

It adds many new methods of power generation and uses for it, as well as other things such as incidents.

Sion

It's definitely possible, its as simple as spawning a boomrat explosion on top of the place where the colonist stands when it dies.

Architect

Yes, but think about how you would do that. You would need to track if the pawn had eaten enough boom rat meat to start with, which would mean you would need to track the ingredients in the meals. That means editing two items in the main code which cannot simply be overwritten, the entire C-sharp assembly would need to be redistributed, which i don't event think is legal, let alone convenient.

It adds many new methods of power generation and uses for it, as well as other things such as incidents.

Sion

WOW! that looks like a hassle!
But if you selects a meal it shows what ingredients that makes up the meal, couldn't that be used instead?
like if you eat a meal containing boomrat there starts a countdown timer and depending on the number the explosion radius decreases the lower the countdown gets, and the opposite?

Lets say a colonists eats raw boomrat meat and the timer is set to eg: 10 and count down, next time he eats the timer have reached 1 and the colonist eats raw boomrat again then the timer reaches 11, next time the counter have reached 2 but the colonist eats a lavish meal with a part boomrat (lets say 5) so the counter sets at 7, and so on.
You could even set a threshold value, lets say 5, below that there is no explosion.

Architect

Quote from: Sion on March 30, 2014, 07:47:52 AM
WOW! that looks like a hassle!
But if you selects a meal it shows what ingredients that makes up the meal, couldn't that be used instead?
like if you eat a meal containing boomrat there starts a countdown timer and depending on the number the explosion radius decreases the lower the countdown gets, and the opposite?

Lets say a colonists eats raw boomrat meat and the timer is set to eg: 10 and count down, next time he eats the timer have reached 1 and the colonist eats raw boomrat again then the timer reaches 11, next time the counter have reached 2 but the colonist eats a lavish meal with a part boomrat (lets say 5) so the counter sets at 7, and so on.
You could even set a threshold value, lets say 5, below that there is no explosion.

Yes, but A.) that involves editing the pawns, which as I said would mean redistributing the entire C# assembly, and B.) it just chooses what materials to use up, the data doesnt actually get transferred into the meals.

mrofa

You can just make special meal, and use thoughs stack system as a couter
All i do is clutter all around.

Architect

Quote from: mrofa on March 30, 2014, 09:17:20 AM
You can just make special meal, and use thoughs stack system as a couter

But then what would be the point? No one would choose to make meals which were going to result in explosions eventually

mrofa

I think i read somewhere that you can make a chance spawn in crafting, so you either craft one item or another, not sure how to make it track the boomrat meat
All i do is clutter all around.

Architect

Its just not a possible idea right now, as funny as it could be.

iame6162013

explosive food woud be nice indeed :p and having your buddy blow up next to u on the battlefield that woud make the game a lot more 'plany'
Linus Torvalds: "But it clearly is the only right way. The fact that everybody else does it some other way only means that they are wrong"
Robert J. Hanlon: "Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity."

emraldilian

I would use my non-violent colonists like human molotovs.

StorymasterQ

Wouldn't the 'blasting agent' in boomrat meat be removed during butchering? Something like how they remove the poison glands in fugu fish. So, instead, we could just harvest those and make some sort of 'molotov rattails'.
I like how this game can result in quotes that would be quite unnerving when said in public, out of context. - Myself

The dubious quotes list is now public. See it here

Architect

Quote from: StorymasterQ on March 31, 2014, 10:12:57 PM
Wouldn't the 'blasting agent' in boomrat meat be removed during butchering? Something like how they remove the poison glands in fugu fish. So, instead, we could just harvest those and make some sort of 'molotov rattails'.

And you, good sir, have given me an excellent idea for an inclusion in BetterPower+ :D

StorymasterQ

I'm good at giving ideas, poor at execution :D
I like how this game can result in quotes that would be quite unnerving when said in public, out of context. - Myself

The dubious quotes list is now public. See it here