[A16] Combat Realism [closed]

Started by skyarkhangel, November 11, 2016, 03:20:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

zombojoe

What exactly would it take to make a compatibility patch with mods that add other weapons?

Is it just a matter of adding some lines of code to each weapon?

joaonunes

Quote from: zombojoe on December 23, 2016, 04:43:20 PM
What exactly would it take to make a compatibility patch with mods that add other weapons?

Is it just a matter of adding some lines of code to each weapon?

Kinda, yes...
CR needs weapons to have info regarding ammo so the mod knows what ammo the weapon uses. Look at one of the weapon CR edits (vanilla weapons) and adapt it to the desired weapon, you can easily see the changes
Do you want your colonists to look manlier?
Get a free mustache sample here!

Draconomial

Seems I definitely can't use this mod. I was having an issue, and tracked it down to Combat Realism. It's making the maximum stacks for steel 1. So I have a thousand 1 stacks of steel all over the map.
https://gist.github.com/2de472283c9ecf1fd45b49a9ab66631d

NeverEvil

Everything is ok with the mod except the ammo part it just adds a extra layer of annoying shit it doesn't work in my current game where my colonist cant load his gun and when he reloads it uses up the whole 300 bullets

Draconomial

Didact04

Quote from: NeverEvil on December 23, 2016, 09:25:15 PM
Everything is ok with the mod except the ammo part it just adds a extra layer of annoying shit it doesn't work in my current game where my colonist cant load his gun and when he reloads it uses up the whole 300 bullets
The modder has made it abundantly clear that they do not care about people's opinions of the bullet mechanics and that they are mandatory for the mod. If you don't like it, don't use it.

f0xh0und696

is there already a patch for rimsenal if not can i request one i'll post this on the other mod too.

joaonunes

Quote from: f0xh0und696 on December 24, 2016, 05:13:46 AM
is there already a patch for rimsenal if not can i request one i'll post this on the other mod too.

Ask the other modder for a patch. It would be ridiculous if sky had to make a patch for every existing weapon mod :P
Do you want your colonists to look manlier?
Get a free mustache sample here!

ItHurtsToBeYou

I just installed and played with the A16 version but for some reason the loading bench does not show any ammo and I don't really know why. I'm not getting any errors when loading or anything CR is also at the top of the load order (after HugsLib)
So if anyone has any idea of what's going on I'd appreciate it.

UPDATE: Fixed it. CR just had to load later (I put it behind EdB and Misc Core)

Ninjakitty66

Quote from: ItHurtsToBeYou on December 24, 2016, 09:29:19 AM
I just installed and played with the A16 version but for some reason the loading bench does not show any ammo and I don't really know why. I'm not getting any errors when loading or anything CR is also at the top of the load order (after HugsLib)
So if anyone has any idea of what's going on I'd appreciate it.

UPDATE: Fixed it. CR just had to load later (I put it behind EdB and Misc Core)

I had this issue in A15 drew me crazy, searching all over the web. Finally found the answer (For my part at least.) Seems CR doesn't like Medieval Times or w/e mod for some reason it messed with the ammo crafting. If you have then you'll have to choose between CR or that mod, disable it and CR loading bench should work.

FurryLovingGuy

I know its a really minor thing, but the fact that the tactical vest sprite is messed up bothers the fuck outa me. Is there a fix I missed somewhere? Or am I shit outa luck? To be clear, the bug I'm talking about is the tactical vest being displayed "over" clothing, weapons, and the straps often cover the pawns face.

Didact04

I'm more bothered by the fact that if you tell someone to pick something up, you can't get them to drop it again. Hope your weight didn't go beyond tolerable levels or your pawn is permanently crippled.

Devon_v

I think a lot of the compatibility problems are due to CCL not being available. CCL is supposed to allow different mods to ask it to inject and/or detour content in a way that avoids conflicts, but right now all the CCL mods just have parts of the code copied into themselves to get them running, so that's probably not working at the moment.

CR and Medieval Times definitely don't like each other for some reason, and CR can be temperamental about where it is in the load order.

SwiftShadow

Do i actually have to keep equiping each colonist with the ammo they need? No way to automate this for them to go pick more ammo when their running low?

I like the mod but ffs there is too much different ammo micro management. I already have tons of stuff to eat up my steel didnt really need another one, but i got past that and set up an armory that is loaded with bullets, but having to  make each colonist reload their weapons and collect more ammo when their running low is kinda annoying.

Wish they would auto reload their guns when combat is over to be full and i could set it like for example if their under 50 ammo they go pick up another 200 if available.

EDIT: Oh i actually found the place where u can manage loadouts, but for some reason the moment i edit the loadouts my fps drops to 1-8 from stable 60. No idea why, i mean i have a Icill gtx 1080 and a I7 6700k so it cant be hardware problem.
I mean i can still do the loadouts but a bit annoying.

nbielinski

Quote from: SwiftShadow on December 25, 2016, 08:00:51 AM
EDIT: Oh i actually found the place where u can manage loadouts, but for some reason the moment i edit the loadouts my fps drops to 1-8 from stable 60. No idea why, i mean i have a Icill gtx 1080 and a I7 6700k so it cant be hardware problem.
I mean i can still do the loadouts but a bit annoying.

I actually have the same problem, it seems to just be the game trying to load all these different types of ammunition, weapons, etc. My recommendation? Play through the lag for a moment or two then search for what you need in the bar on the top right, that usually cuts the lag-from-looking-for-stuff.