[A16] Combat Realism [closed]

Started by skyarkhangel, November 11, 2016, 03:20:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Soldat947

I'm having a bug where predator animals are unable to attack their prey, but leave a huge amount of blood on the map when they try to attack.

Log listed below.

Exception ticking FoxArctic122373: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  at Combat_Realism.CR_Utility.GetAfterArmorDamage (Verse.Pawn pawn, Int32 damAmountInt, Verse.BodyPartRecord part, DamageInfo dinfo, Boolean damageArmor, System.Boolean& deflected) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Combat_Realism.DamageWorker_AddInjuryCR.ApplyDamagePartial (DamageInfo dinfo, Verse.Pawn pawn, Combat_Realism.LocalInjuryResult& result) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Combat_Realism.DamageWorker_AddInjuryCR.ApplyToPawn (DamageInfo dinfo, Verse.Pawn pawn) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Combat_Realism.DamageWorker_AddInjuryCR.Apply (DamageInfo dinfo, Verse.Thing thing) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.Thing.TakeDamage (DamageInfo dinfo) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at RimWorld.Verb_MeleeAttack.ApplyMeleeDamageToTarget (LocalTargetInfo target) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at RimWorld.Verb_MeleeAttack.TryCastShot () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.Verb.TryCastNextBurstShot () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.Verb.VerbTick () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Combat_Realism.Detours.Detours_VerbTracker.VerbsTick (Verse.VerbTracker _this) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.Pawn.Tick () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.TickList.Tick () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
Verse.Log:Error(String)
Verse.TickList:Tick()
Verse.TickManager:DoSingleTick()
Verse.TickManager:TickManagerUpdate()
Verse.Game:Update()
Verse.Root_Play:Update()

carpediembr

Quote from: Peterowsky on January 07, 2017, 12:43:33 PM
I do hope it's not just me who encounters this bug:

Whenever I load a saved game, any and all HE Mortar Shells I have had turn into vanilla-game mortar shells. EMP and Incendiary ones seem fine, but the HE Shells seem to morph, and are no longer usable. Moreover, the stockpile they were in changes its settings to include vanilla shells but no HE Shells.

Are you sure you're up to date with the mod? It was a known issue that was fixed 2 version ago.

Issue: Whenever my pawns try to feed/offer the same food they are carrying (via loadout) to prisoners, they go into a chain reaction of dropping on the floor and picking it up again several times.

XimalX

quote author=Fafn1r link=topic=27374.msg295087#msg295087 date=1483813458]
Quote from: XimalX on January 07, 2017, 01:18:26 PM
Someone know how to fix a bug with taking ammunition?(cannot take ammo and more than 1 weapon)

Are you using the loadout system? It's under the "Assign" tab. Also make sure your pawn has free bulk and weight capacity to pick up what you want him to.
[/quote]
dont seeing bulk and weight and i dont using loadouts.

Pakislav

@Developers

Combat Realism is inherently incompatible with "Look at me, I'm the worker now" work priority mod by ZorbaTHUt. His code is open-source and he's open to this mod being merged with combat realism. Would you be interested in doing that? :D

Goldenpotatoes

Is there some set of requirements for the loadout generator item to initialize when spawned with a pawn? I'm running into an issue with it not properly working and leaving the debug item in their inventory when spawning on custom races.

For context, I'm making a CR-patch for Red Army, which includes a tank race which I'm trying to get to spawn with spare ammo for the gun.

Adalah217

Quote from: Goldenpotatoes on January 08, 2017, 12:19:07 PM
Is there some set of requirements for the loadout generator item to initialize when spawned with a pawn? I'm running into an issue with it not properly working and leaving the debug item in their inventory when spawning on custom races.

For context, I'm making a CR-patch for Red Army, which includes a tank race which I'm trying to get to spawn with spare ammo for the gun.

Yes it needs a [fixedInventory] tag thrown on pawns under the FactionDefs. See CR

Goldenpotatoes

Quote from: Adalah217 on January 08, 2017, 12:44:23 PM

Yes it needs a [fixedInventory] tag thrown on pawns under the FactionDefs. See CR

I couldn't find anything referencing fixedInventory in factiondefs, unless you mean the pawnkinddefs, which I already setup for the units.

Peterowsky

Quote from: carpediembr on January 07, 2017, 10:57:11 PM
Quote from: Peterowsky on January 07, 2017, 12:43:33 PM
I do hope it's not just me who encounters this bug:

Whenever I load a saved game, any and all HE Mortar Shells I have had turn into vanilla-game mortar shells. EMP and Incendiary ones seem fine, but the HE Shells seem to morph, and are no longer usable. Moreover, the stockpile they were in changes its settings to include vanilla shells but no HE Shells.

Are you sure you're up to date with the mod? It was a known issue that was fixed 2 version ago.

Issue: Whenever my pawns try to feed/offer the same food they are carrying (via loadout) to prisoners, they go into a chain reaction of dropping on the floor and picking it up again several times.

Thank you so much, I just noticed I've been using version .1.6.9.3
I'm so used to using the steam version that I overlooked potential updates. Thank you again for the quick reply :)

Variant03

Hey great mod combat definitely has more bite. One thing the description says improvised turrets are made in the machining table but i get access to "auto turrets" right from the start don't even have to research gun turrets. At first I thought it was conflicting with another mod then I started a game with the mod alone and it was still doing it. Not a deal breaker and other than that this mod works fine but I just wanted to ask about it since I couldn't find anything referencing this. Everything is up to date

AseaHeru

No link for the forum thread?

carpediembr

Anyone having issues with turrets not shooting over embrasure/sandbags?

Adalah217

Quote from: Goldenpotatoes on January 08, 2017, 01:31:37 PM
I couldn't find anything referencing fixedInventory in factiondefs, unless you mean the pawnkinddefs, which I already setup for the units.

Oh right it is pawnkinddefs, yes. It should have both the inventory and fixedinventory, with a loadoutgen_ . Also make sure the apparel money can support the cost of the ammunition. I don't think there's much else needed. I can get pawns to spawn with ammo using those two things, along with the weapon tags.

I think it's really odd the pawns keep the debug item. There should be an exception to make it disappear after one tick if it can't find the proper ammo for the weapon equipped. Maybe it's something with the unique race then. Sorry.

Rijndael

Quote from: AseaHeru on January 09, 2017, 10:39:08 PM
No link for the forum thread?

You can build the M240B and the KPV machine gun at the machining table which are both guns you have to build somewhere and then man them.

For the other turrets i don't know, i did search them and wonder myself how you get them. Maybe you can only buy them i was able to buy a charge blaster turret one time from an orbital trader.

Quote from: carpediembr on January 09, 2017, 11:59:55 PM
Anyone having issues with turrets not shooting over embrasure/sandbags?

Seems to work fine for me although i wonder how sandbags and embrasures work. Maybe someone can explain. In the picture in the opening post there is a setup where there is a sandbag 4 tiles away from a gun.

Does Rimworld distinct from friendly and enemy projectiles and always lets your own projectiles through embrasures and sandbags or is it something like every character/gun within 5 tiles can shoot through it? I did find something on, that characters under 18 can't shoot over embrasures because they are too small, but does rimworld really factor in the height of the shot or is the calculation just in 2 dimensions?

potter3390

Hi i'm having problems with the autoload function. If i load the weapon the pawn load the ammuniton, but beyond that nothing else works in this area, change weapon, change and leave ammunition, etc.
Any ideas?

Senio

Shadow started 10 jobs in 10 ticks. lastJobGiver=, curJob.def=Wait, curDriver=Verse.AI.JobDriver_Wait
Verse.AI.Pawn_JobTracker:StartErrorRecoverJob(String)
Verse.AI.Pawn_JobTracker:FinalizeTick()
Verse.AI.Pawn_JobTracker:JobTrackerTick()
Verse.Pawn:Tick()
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

受气包 started 10 jobs in 10 ticks. lastJobGiver=, curJob.def=Wait, curDriver=Verse.AI.JobDriver_Wait
Verse.AI.Pawn_JobTracker:StartErrorRecoverJob(String)
Verse.AI.Pawn_JobTracker:FinalizeTick()
Verse.AI.Pawn_JobTracker:JobTrackerTick()
Verse.Pawn:Tick()