[A16] Combat Realism [closed]

Started by skyarkhangel, November 11, 2016, 03:20:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NotSoSubtle

Quote from: Lady Wolf on January 03, 2017, 07:15:19 PM
Quote from: blaxblade on January 03, 2017, 06:58:57 PM
Please, bean bullets doesn't work; how can i fix?

I can confirm this, every time you fire a bean bag there's a error message that appears int he dev window. (When I get a chance to play again I'll list the exact error)

Quote from: Yoso on December 21, 2016, 03:28:02 AM
Super excited that CR updated so fast. What? No this isn't a poorly disguised ptw and I'm offended that you would think that.

Edit: Beanbag rounds don't do anything except throw errors on impact.

This has been noted a few times without comment. Bean bag ammo is one of the few (and the best) capture and containment methods in CR and without it raids turn into bloodbaths with no upside. Gunning down raiders is fun, but I'm getting tired of all the skilled raiders being gunned down dead before we can talk.

I've included my error text for reference. Any information on this would be appreciated.

[attachment deleted by admin due to age]

AseaHeru

Plus, beanbags are a great way to bring down colonists who break and get violent.

Embrasures in my experience actually seem rather underpowered, i.e. my colonists seem to be hit far too often through them. I would think that the stacking on the door and ignoring the guy shooting at them is more of an AI issue.

Mechanoid ammo is useful for one thing in my experience, trade fodder. sweet, sweet trade fodder.

NoImageAvailable

Quote from: AseaHeru on January 28, 2017, 03:00:03 PM
I would think that the stacking on the door and ignoring the guy shooting at them is more of an AI issue.

Indeed, at some point some Alpha silently broke embrasures through some kind of AI optimization. IIRC the issue that the targeting AI doesn't consider pawns in different regions (makes sense since vanilla has no way to target pawns in such a situation).

QuoteMechanoid ammo is useful for one thing in my experience, trade fodder. sweet, sweet trade fodder.

In retrospect I should have gone for ammo cook-off and have them explode on death instead of turning them into ammo-pinatas.

Also, whatever happened to disabling ammo requirements through XML? Did the option for pre-ammo-style reloading never work in the first place or did it get broken during an update? Assuming the code-base works it should be trivial for someone to make and maintain a no-ammo version using only XML edits.
"The power of friendship destroyed the jellyfish."

Lord_Orion

I apologies if someone has suggested this before. But I noticed your awesome mod allows my pawns to carry melee weapons as well as range weapons, even side arms. Would it be possible for pawns AI to switch to these alternative weapons? Say to a side arm when they are out of ammo or a melee weapon when smacked with a sword?

WereCat88

There is a bug with Frag Grenades (i don't know if it happens with the other grenades), so the bug is that when a pawn equips a grenade, he throws it, he takes another one from the inventory, but he cant unequip it and when he tries to equip another weapon it just disappears.
I am The Primal Mammelon

BlackSmokeDMax

Quote from: NoImageAvailable on January 28, 2017, 04:58:59 PM
Quote from: AseaHeru on January 28, 2017, 03:00:03 PM
I would think that the stacking on the door and ignoring the guy shooting at them is more of an AI issue.

Indeed, at some point some Alpha silently broke embrasures through some kind of AI optimization. IIRC the issue that the targeting AI doesn't consider pawns in different regions (makes sense since vanilla has no way to target pawns in such a situation).

QuoteMechanoid ammo is useful for one thing in my experience, trade fodder. sweet, sweet trade fodder.

In retrospect I should have gone for ammo cook-off and have them explode on death instead of turning them into ammo-pinatas.

Also, whatever happened to disabling ammo requirements through XML? Did the option for pre-ammo-style reloading never work in the first place or did it get broken during an update? Assuming the code-base works it should be trivial for someone to make and maintain a no-ammo version using only XML edits.

Welcome back!

There is a thread somewhere in the mods or mods sub forums where someone is attempting a non ammo version, don't know how much luck they are having. I'm sure they'd love any advice or help you could throw their way.

Grabarz

I gave some problems with this mod- some of turrets does not provide the fire to enemy

i know i have to fill the ammo however some of turrets like Vulcan cannon - from "more Vanilla turrets" does not have this option and that turret is simply no working - is there anyway to fix it ?

AseaHeru

Most combat- or medical-oriented mods do not work with CR without a comparability patch.

NoImageAvailable

Quote from: BlackSmokeDMax on January 29, 2017, 09:17:14 AM
There is a thread somewhere in the mods or mods sub forums where someone is attempting a non ammo version, don't know how much luck they are having. I'm sure they'd love any advice or help you could throw their way.

Not much to give really, when I implemented the ammo system I tried to make sure it retained the old functionality so that if you removed the ammo-related XML entries for a weapon it would act like before the ammo system (i.e. limited magazines but infinite reloads). I always knew there would be lots of interest in a no-ammo patch so I tried to make sure creating one would be as easy as possible. No idea if whoever maintains it right now stuck to that paradigm though, so might no longer be the case.

Either way, it would certainly be better to ensure the DLL side allows for it and pointing people towards a solution than this attitude of "piss off if you want a no ammo version" that I've seen skimming through this thread. The whole point of modding is that people with different tastes will want different things in their game and if a lot of people dislike a particular feature it makes sense to provide an option.
"The power of friendship destroyed the jellyfish."

ElvenMusic

http://pastebin.com/tS0t0uLq

I am unable to shoot muffalo, when i try to this error shows up and the bullet passes through the muffalo

topmango18

Any chance the CDR turrets will be separated out for vanilla players? I don't really use Combat Realism but am sorely missing some manned realistic turrets. Cheers.

TrashMan

Yo CR guy.

I like your mod so much I decided to make Astartes compatible. Love having ammo and different ammo types.

Did run into a snag.
I noticed that the projectile is tied to ammo - meaning that making a power cell that is shared between weapons with different projectile looks and damage is impossible.
And things like Hot-shot packs (overcharging a lasgun so it uses up twice the charge per bullet, but increases damage and penetration) are a no-no (ammo capacity and consumption are set)

I can work with this, especially that these things weren't possible in the base game either,  but having a special magazine for every energy weapon is just asking for overcluttering.
Got any ideas?

FreyaMaluk

i've got a bug... When a raider entered the map, the game autoforcedly stopped game speed to one (this is normal behavior), but after immediately pausing the game refuses to move forward... It just pauses immediately after I change game speed to one, two or three. Time doesn't move forward anymore.

Here the corresponding logs

Exception in RimWorld.ThinkNode_ConditionalCanDoConstantThinkTreeJobNow TryIssueJobPackage: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  at Combat_Realism.JobGiver_TakeAndEquip.TryGiveJob (Verse.Pawn pawn) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Combat_Realism.Detours_ThinkNode_JobGiver.TryIssueJobPackage (Verse.Pawn pawn) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.AI.ThinkNode_Priority.TryIssueJobPackage (Verse.Pawn pawn) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
Verse.Log:Error(String)
Verse.AI.ThinkNode_Priority:TryIssueJobPackage(Pawn)
RimWorld.ThinkNode_Conditional:TryIssueJobPackage(Pawn)
Verse.AI.Pawn_JobTracker:DetermineNextConstantThinkTreeJob()
Verse.AI.Pawn_JobTracker:DetermineNextJob(ThinkTreeDef&)
Verse.AI.Pawn_JobTracker:TryFindAndStartJob()
Verse.AI.Pawn_JobTracker:EndCurrentJob(JobCondition, Boolean)
Verse.AI.Pawn_JobTracker:JobTrackerTick()
Verse.Pawn:Tick()
Verse.TickList:Tick()
Verse.TickManager:DoSingleTick()
Verse.TickManager:TickManagerUpdate()
Verse.Game:Update()
Verse.Root_Play:Update()

Exception in RimWorld.ThinkNode_ConditionalCanDoConstantThinkTreeJobNow TryIssueJobPackage: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  at Combat_Realism.JobGiver_TakeAndEquip.TryGiveJob (Verse.Pawn pawn) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Combat_Realism.Detours_ThinkNode_JobGiver.TryIssueJobPackage (Verse.Pawn pawn) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.AI.ThinkNode_Priority.TryIssueJobPackage (Verse.Pawn pawn) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

Verse.AI.Pawn_JobTracker:DetermineNextJob(ThinkTreeDef&)
Verse.AI.Pawn_JobTracker:TryFindAndStartJob()
Verse.AI.Pawn_JobTracker:EndCurrentJob(JobCondition, Boolean)

Tanelorn

Two issues:

1. The front facing display of backpack straps often block the pawn's face making them look very wierd. I manually put blank images in place of the front facing but ideally they just need some adjustments.

2. I have not been able to sell my excess ammo anywhere. not to combat supplier caravans or in villages. I don't think I have any mods that would cause a conflict. Is this just me?

Looking at the CR code for traders and factions, I do see that only caravans are set to buy and sell "CR ammo". So please consider adding CR ammo to faction village traders. But still, I can't sell my ammo even to caravans.

MrWeeGee

Quote from: FreyaMaluk on January 31, 2017, 06:25:22 PM

Also getting this exact error repeating itself after updating to 1.6.9.7, and HugsLib to 2.4.0. No traders or raiders on map, game doesn't stop/slow time or anything for me. Rolling back to 1.6.9.6 fixes it, error-free.

In case it helps: Modlist