[A16] Combat Realism [closed]

Started by skyarkhangel, November 11, 2016, 03:20:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anfi0312

For some reason my colonists don't want to pick up their assigned loadout. I have all weapons and ammunition. Bulk and weight shouldn't be a probem also, a naked colonist without stuff in his inventory can't equip a pistol automatically. Since nobody reported this issue I think there is a conflict with my mods. Does somebody know where the problem may be?
[Is it possible to put long lists in a spoiler tag?]

Core
HugsLib
Izzyssentials Core
Better Pathfinding
EdBPrepareCarefully
Blueprints
Bulk Medicine Production A16
Additional Joy Objects
AllowTool
Appetite Suppressant A16
Caerbannog
Chemicals & Neutroamine
Clutter Furniture
ColonyManager
CombatRealism-1.6.9.5
Crate
DeadMansClothing
ED-Embrasures
ED-LaserDrill
ExpandedIncidents
ExpandedProsthetics&OrganEngineering
Fences And Floors
FishIndustry
FluffyBreakdowns
HaulPriorityLite
High Caliber
High Caliber (Combat Realism Patch)
Hospitality
ImTheWorkerNow
Izzyssentials Furniture
Izzyssentials Hydro
Izzyssentials Solar
Izzyssentials Switch
kNumbers-0.6.0
LED Lights More Furniture Patch
LED Lights Redux
LT_DoorMat
M No RNG in Death
MadSkills-A16-1.2.1
MakeComponentsx10-1.0.1
MF A16
MineItAll
MiningShaft-StoneAddon
MiningShaftA16
Nandonalt - Camping Stuff
Nandonalt - Colony Leadership
Nandonalt - Pests
Nandonalt - Set-up Camp
Psychology
QualityBuilder
Rainbeau's Fertile Fields
RD_FireDepartment
RD_ReinforcedConcreteWall
Reinforced indiscernible power conduits
RelationsTab
ResearchList
RimFridge
Signs_and_Memorials
RT_Fuse-A16-1.0.5
RT_QuantumStorage-A16-1.0.8
RT_SolarFlareShield-A16-1.1.2
RumoursAndDeceptionA16
RW_MedicalInfo
Soylent green a16
static_quality_plus_A16.1.2
StepAway
Super Soil
WM Medivac
WM Reuse pods
WM SyncGrowth
ZhentarFix
[SS]BiggerBatteries
[SS]BiggerFuses
823126273 (Roof Support A16 from Workshop)
729908976 (Colonist Bar KF 0.16.2.2 from Workshop)
726479594 (Storage Search A16 from Workshop)
Assorted Leather Scraps
Clutter Misc
CombatRealism EPOE
Crafting Neutroamine [1.1]
ED-Embrasures-CR
luciferium
Mending
sd_power
Where Is Rich Soil
Tranq Turrets
765650558 (JTSavagePrisonersCompatPsychology from Workshop)
Miniaturisation-0.16.2
Miniaturisation
Bulk Meals A16
Hunting Alert
Pandora Dark
Patient Sanity
RW_RefugeeStats-master
AdvancedLamps [A15]

TrashMan

Hey Sky, I've been trying to make Astartes Combat Realism compatible (and by that I mean using ammo and your your systems).

I'm failing.
I made entries for everything - ammo categories, sets, ammo, projectiles, guns, things, etc..
There must be something I'm missing, but I'm not sure what. Can you take a look?

http://www.mediafire.com/file/pculo6zp63z1yi0/Astartes_-_Combat_Realism.rar

skyarkhangel

Quote from: TrashMan on February 03, 2017, 07:30:51 PM
Hey Sky, I've been trying to make Astartes Combat Realism compatible (and by that I mean using ammo and your your systems).

I'm failing.
I made entries for everything - ammo categories, sets, ammo, projectiles, guns, things, etc..
There must be something I'm missing, but I'm not sure what. Can you take a look?

http://www.mediafire.com/file/pculo6zp63z1yi0/Astartes_-_Combat_Realism.rar

Checked. A lot of errors in xmls.
The main:
- Missing CR abstract classes. You need to create own abstract classes!
- Errors in texture path, like using Astares, not Astartes.
Please, check all, make like in CR.

skyarkhangel

Quote from: NoImageAvailable on February 03, 2017, 05:22:59 AM
Quote from: joaonunes on February 02, 2017, 02:32:20 PM
Lastly, will you return to this mod?

Wasn't really planning on it. Mostly just dropped by a few days ago to see if the latest Alpha had anything interesting in it. I'm kinda interested in seeing how raiding plays out but I've been told A16 has a lot of issues so I haven't checked it out.

Aside from that most of my reasons for leaving still stand. Tynan did step up modding support significantly it looks like (and kudos to him for that) but my main reason was always that its just too much work for one man to both develop, playtest and update a mod of this scale by himself when the game is in Early Access and releases updates as mod-breaking and frequent as this. In the end I just burned out on all the bugs and broken features and I just couldn't reach the level of quality that I want my work to have. If I was going to come back to this mod it would only be as part of a team where someone else can help with stuff like balance-testing, bug hunting and updating to new Alphas. In the past I'd occasionally have people pitch in with coding specific features and those guys were immensely helpful but that model just doesn't cut it for a project of this size anymore.

Hello NIA, come back to us, we miss you :) I also do not have enough time to closely work with CR, so i do everything in my power.
About ammo. A lot of people like CR ammo in Rimworld, like me. I would consider it as a step backwards, if remove this unique feature. Needs only work with loadout system, new feature -  auto ammo finder, to make it better.

TrashMan

I noticed the typos right after I posted. Already fixed.

Quote from: skyarkhangel on February 04, 2017, 01:18:08 AM
- Missing CR abstract classes. You need to create own abstract classes!

Where are those defined?

NoImageAvailable

Quote from: sirgzu on February 03, 2017, 06:20:36 AM
There is no shortage of people for testing and moving the code to github has made it a lot easier for players to report bug and for the modders to manage bug tracking.

The code has been on github since when we first started working on the aiming system and became the main DL location soon afterwards, barely anyone used it for bugreporting. 99% of bug reports came through the forum thread and while those are helpful its not the same as proper playtesting. That involves going out and actively hunting bugs, deliberately trying to break the game.

It also means testing game balance, finding exploits, etc. and providing detailed feedback and potential solutions, something I had to go out of my to get. And seeing balance talk on the forums/reddit is about as likely as seeing a purple thrumbo on your morning commute. This being a gameplay mod it relies heavily on balance and without proper feedback it becomes that much harder to identify problems.

Quote from: skyarkhangel on February 04, 2017, 02:03:46 AMHello NIA, come back to us, we miss you :)

Well if its so important to people I'll put it like this: check the mods forum/modding chat (AFAIK people moved from slack to discord now?) or whatever other channels Rimworld modders use these days and if you can find one or more of the following:
- support coder to help with maintenance/bugs
- playtester to test for bugs and provide detailed feedback on balance
to become permanent dev team members I'll come back to developing this mod, at least for a while, but I don't think it can be done. The interest just isn't there. The people with coding skills all work on their own mods and are too busy to bother with other people's and reliable playtesters I found are hard to find (I actually tried recruiting people for this in the past but they never followed through).
"The power of friendship destroyed the jellyfish."

Probe1

Nasty exception.  Not sure what's causing it other than the obvious.  Keeps faulting every tick until I load an older save.  Could it be trying to interact with a non CR object?

Exception in RimWorld.ThinkNode_ConditionalCanDoConstantThinkTreeJobNow TryIssueJobPackage: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  at Combat_Realism.JobGiver_TakeAndEquip.TryGiveJob (Verse.Pawn pawn) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Combat_Realism.Detours_ThinkNode_JobGiver.TryIssueJobPackage (Verse.Pawn pawn) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.AI.ThinkNode_Priority.TryIssueJobPackage (Verse.Pawn pawn) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
Verse.Log:Error(String)
Verse.AI.ThinkNode_Priority:TryIssueJobPackage(Pawn)
RimWorld.ThinkNode_Conditional:TryIssueJobPackage(Pawn)
Verse.AI.ThinkNode_Priority:TryIssueJobPackage(Pawn)
Verse.AI.Pawn_JobTracker:DetermineNextConstantThinkTreeJob()
Verse.AI.Pawn_JobTracker:JobTrackerTick()
Verse.Pawn:Tick()
Verse.TickList:Tick()
Verse.TickManager:DoSingleTick()
Verse.TickManager:TickManagerUpdate()
Verse.Game:Update()
Verse.Root_Play:Update()

Christmas5

Hey i'm not sure if this is a bug, but i'm sure it was not intended.
I have around 48 mods now (including patches) but after adding Combat Realism... Uhh, i encountered an enormous problem with aiming.

I made myself a headstart with really good people (because i want to try) and one of them is a carefull shooter with shooting skill 19, accuracy at over 100% and a rifle from another mod (high caliber i think).
The ammo works fine, and it works properly against raids... But when i try to shoot animals? Nothing, he misses every shot.
I ordered him to try shooting a bear a few tiles away, nothing, when the bear fell asleep, i ordered him to stand next to it and shoot it, nothing again.
I basically can't kill animals on distance, i think it only happened once or twice that they've hit the animal with a gun, which is crazy.

I play on A16 and the mods were for A16 when i downloaded them if i'm not wrong.
Also there was nothing between the bear and the colonist, still on max skills and good weapons they can't hit, same thing in the desert.
From my perspective this shouldn't happen since it should be harder to hit a raider and easier to hit a gigantic grizzly bear, it's the opposite here/combat against other humans works as it should.

Mod list :
Core
HugsLib
Combat Realism
High Caliber
High Caliber (CR Patch)
Expanded Prosthetics and Organ Engineering
Combat Realism EPOE Patch
Nanotrasen's Armory (Serious Version)
Nanotrasen's Armory (CR Patch)
EdB Prepare Carefully
Call of Cthulhu - Cults
Call of Cthulhu - Cosmic Horrors
Call of Cthulhu - Factions
Call of Cthulhu - Industrial Age Objects
Call of Cthulhu - Straitjackets
Increased Forest Density - Deadly Version
Realistic Darkness
H.P. Lovecraft Storyteller
Persistent Worlds
Misc. 'CORE'
Misc. Objects
Misc. Training
Psychology
Fluffy Breakdowns
Relations Tab
Medical Tab
Colony Leadership
Colony Manager
Outfitter
WorkTab
Follow Me
Animal Tab
Blueprints
Area Unlocker
Tilled Soil
Snowy Trees
FFGermanShepherd
DermalRegenerator
ExtendedStorage
BetterVents
BetterCoolers
AdditionalLightning
RimHair Styles Merged
Camping Stuff
Temperature Gauge
Fences And Floors
Pests
Set-Up Camps

Edit: Wrong mod

KeenKrozzy

I can confirm the bug between CR and Worktab. It has to do with how Worktab injects the Worker_Settings class, with changes something with the priorities. Then CR does something with hunting and taming that eventually trying to use something related to work priorities that Worktab has changed. The error message is not helpful at all; it blames TryGiveJobPackage.

Maniox

Quote from: KeenKrozzy on February 05, 2017, 01:01:46 PM
I can confirm the bug between CR and Worktab. It has to do with how Worktab injects the Worker_Settings class, with changes something with the priorities. Then CR does something with hunting and taming that eventually trying to use something related to work priorities that Worktab has changed. The error message is not helpful at all; it blames TryGiveJobPackage.

Which bug? The one posted by Probe1?

KeenKrozzy

Quote from: Maniox on February 07, 2017, 04:25:24 PM

yes. I tried to find exactly what is causing it, but gave up. I'm like 80% sure it's worktab though.

porcupine

Hrm, I think I must be missing something here...

I can't get personal shield bubbles to form on my colonists.  Drafted, with personal shield in loadout/inventory, no weapons at all...  Do I need a weapon equipped for the personal shields to work, or what did I miss here?

Just vanilla + CR.

BlackSmokeDMax

Quote from: porcupine on February 08, 2017, 02:46:56 AM
Hrm, I think I must be missing something here...

I can't get personal shield bubbles to form on my colonists.  Drafted, with personal shield in loadout/inventory, no weapons at all...  Do I need a weapon equipped for the personal shields to work, or what did I miss here?

Just vanilla + CR.

Seeing as shields are clothing, wouldn't you need to make them part of your clothing assignment? Seems putting it in a loadout would just have them carry it around rather than wear it.

Maniox

Quote from: KeenKrozzy on February 07, 2017, 04:57:26 PM
Quote from: Maniox on February 07, 2017, 04:25:24 PM

yes. I tried to find exactly what is causing it, but gave up. I'm like 80% sure it's worktab though.

I am having this bug as well, not using worktab.

Defection

Can anyone tell me how can i get Prometheum?? FSX is from boomalopes, but can't figure out how to get prometheum.  :(