Character discussion

Started by noodlesandrice, March 30, 2014, 03:58:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

noodlesandrice

I'm sure you guys have encountered a myriad of characters with their interesting stats and capabilities, compliments of the rather peculiar character generation system. Feel free to post your best/worse/hilarious colonists here!
As for me, I present to you: Miriam.

Benny the Icepick

I had a pregnant man once.  Ahh, modern technology!

I've also had a surgeon who had 0 in Medicine and was incapable of Caring/Doctoring.  Must've been a homeopath.

Ender

Quote from: Benny the Icepick on March 31, 2014, 12:41:53 PM

I've also had a surgeon who had 0 in Medicine and was incapable of Caring/Doctoring.  Must've been a homeopath.

LOL! or just REALLY book smart!
The voices in my head tell me to burn colonists....

Monkfish

Quote from: Benny the Icepick on March 31, 2014, 12:41:53 PM
Must've been a homeopath.
I like this guy. :D

I can't say I've really paid that much attention to things like that, I don't recall seeing anything particularly derpy. I'll keep my eye out now.
<insert witty signature here>

ITypedThis

I have two particular colonists that are a little "different" than the others.

First, there is Vitor Pinhao.

He is a Vinho King. Also known as the "Booze King."

Second, there is Callie Kent.

She literally cannot do anything but kill things.

James009

Quote from: ITypedThis on April 01, 2014, 12:29:28 AM
He is a Vinho King. Also known as the "Booze King."
Haha, I had this guy! He's kinda creepy looking so we sold him into slavery.

I'd say my most interesting character was woman who was released from an organ farm, was wanted, and had a "high pain tolerance".

One thing I LOVE about this game is the variety of characters. However, I also enjoy the the fact I can edit them and create my own story.
Lets Crashland Here Simulator!

Tynan

The booze king is actually the character of Ricardo Tome, our artist who did the menu art and storyteller portraits.
Tynan Sylvester - @TynanSylvester - Tynan's Blog

Celthric Aysen

Do i have to say more?
No offence Tynan xD At least your helping more people be sane
My DeviantART|E-Vehicles|Flebe's  Channel
"♫"Every people that i see i will never understand"♪"

ITypedThis

Quote from: James009 on April 06, 2014, 04:01:08 AMHaha, I had this guy! He's kinda creepy looking so we sold him into slavery.

Heh. Yeah, nothing like having a naked fat guy running around building things and planting crops. :P

ITypedThis

Quote from: Tynan on April 06, 2014, 10:47:15 AM
The booze king is actually the character of Ricardo Tome, our artist who did the menu art and storyteller portraits.

Please tell him that he made a good character. :D

James009

Quote from: Tynan on April 06, 2014, 10:47:15 AM
Woops, I owe him an apology for sending him into slavery. That being said, I believe he was worth quite a bit.

Quote from: ITypedThis on April 06, 2014, 04:26:54 PM
Heh. Yeah, nothing like having a naked fat guy running around building things and planting crops. :P
I think it was the Mohawk that scared me the most of him! I just don't trust folks with mohawks in survival situations.

Anyways, I love all the random custom created characters the game starts with. We should compile a list of them.
Lets Crashland Here Simulator!

ITypedThis

Quote from: James009 on April 06, 2014, 05:32:55 PMI think it was the Mohawk that scared me the most of him! I just don't trust folks with mohawks in survival situations.

Anyways, I love all the random custom created characters the game starts with. We should compile a list of them.

Haha, yeah, if it weren't for his high social skill and creative backstory to combat the mohawk, I might have sold him into slavery as well. ;D

Personally, I think I would prefer not to see all of the created characters. It's much more fun to see them as they come, in my opinion anyway.

Landriff

Here are some of my favorites.
First off we have Min Kim, who appears to have accomplished her life goals and now crashed on a rimworld while on a cruise during her retirement. She's very social and artistic, but years of being a diva have left her completely unable to care for herself.

Next we have Elad Difficult, who is a brilliant researcher, or would be if he had even an ounce of curiosity. That didn't stop him from getting a job as a navy scientist somehow. He learned a lot, but hasn't bothered to apply any of it.

And then there's Vlad, the politician. He's quite the suave gent, but his lack of manual skills saw him delegated to Warden duties. Wait a minute... those traits. Just HOW has he been recruiting people all this time?! He's 69 years old! Maybe I shouldn't be leaving him alone with strangers.

And lastly, I'll see your Pregnant Male and raise you the weirdest sob-story I've come across...

Max Alterman, who was abandoned as a child but through hard work managed to establish a successful career as a cargo pilot.
That is, until he was captured by pirates and sold into slavery. Unable to perform the standard physical labor of slaves, he must have been given less tasteful tasks - which resulted in him somehow becoming Pregnant. It's okay though, because he's also terminally ill, even though he's only 21. :(

I'm worried an alien is going to burst out of this guy's chest.

ITypedThis

Quote from: Landriff on April 24, 2014, 08:06:40 PMAnd then there's Vlad, the politician. He's quite the suave gent, but his lack of manual skills saw him delegated to Warden duties. Wait a minute... those traits. Just HOW has he been recruiting people all this time?! He's 69 years old! Maybe I shouldn't be leaving him alone with strangers.

Hmm... from criminal to politician? Nothing unusual there...  :P

StorymasterQ

Quote from: ITypedThis on April 25, 2014, 01:31:58 AM
Quote from: Landriff on April 24, 2014, 08:06:40 PMAnd then there's Vlad, the politician. He's quite the suave gent, but his lack of manual skills saw him delegated to Warden duties. Wait a minute... those traits. Just HOW has he been recruiting people all this time?! He's 69 years old! Maybe I shouldn't be leaving him alone with strangers.

Hmm... from criminal to politician? Nothing unusual there...  :P

...from the Most Ancient House of Black, no less.
I like how this game can result in quotes that would be quite unnerving when said in public, out of context. - Myself

The dubious quotes list is now public. See it here