[Project] Lost Colony Mod

Started by JanBlair, March 31, 2014, 08:25:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Azanor

Quote from: JanBlair on April 02, 2014, 10:16:32 PM
If I do add modifications to guns out of a mod, what gun mod pack would everyone prefer?

Industrial Rim!
Member of Xbox Support.

JanBlair

Well I could just do a combination of the two. I would have to ask for proper permissions first of course. Does anyone know the maximum amount of recipes a worktable could have before it gets messed up?

iame6162013

Quote from: JanBlair on April 03, 2014, 08:59:14 AM
Well I could just do a combination of the two. I would have to ask for proper permissions first of course. Does anyone know the maximum amount of recipes a worktable could have before it gets messed up?

i think it's quite a lot really i never tried add it and u know (and my 100 post woot)
Linus Torvalds: "But it clearly is the only right way. The fact that everybody else does it some other way only means that they are wrong"
Robert J. Hanlon: "Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity."

JanBlair

Here is a list of Guns I will implement: (heh, might resemble cs:go a bit)
Pistols:
Glock 18
Five-Seven
Desert Eagle

Rifles:
M-16
AK-47
M4A1
AUG
Galil
SCAR-20
AWP (or a sniper of similar nature)

SMGs:
MP5
Bizon
P90

Shotguns:
Benelli
Saiga
Sawed-Off

Machine Guns:
M249
Negev

Sci-Fi Weapons:
Plasma Rifle
Laser Rifle
Coilgun
Gauss Rifle

I doubt that I will add much more than this because I hate games with many types of weapons that all basically do the same thing. If you want another weapon added please at least make sure it is a bit unique. Each of these guns will also have a mod of some sort.

a89a89

This sounds awesome! but you should make colonists have a longer "new colony" happiness bonus and a way to convince travellers to join your colony without putting them in prison.

sincerely, a89a89

JanBlair

Yes I plan on fixing any morale problems by adding better buildings for improving morale, but a longer new colony bonus would also be a good idea.

Once alpha 3 hits, I will also make it so you can start with 4-5 colonists as opposed to 3.

Thank you for the kind words!

a89a89

No problem, when it comes out I would be happy to do a review of it. 

JanBlair

That would be cool. Would you like to be a tester before it comes out?

a89a89

Sure that sounds great!

JanBlair

I have a small teaser tonight. Here is a sample of some of the guns to come. The sawed-off and benelli is by me and the plasma rifle is by mrofa. I'm still not that great but I am getting better! Enjoy

[attachment deleted by admin: too old]

Yonben

Well I tested it a little, and except a few bugs (but hey, that's why we test it!) It's pretty cool, it adds more progression to the game, and it's SOOOO weird to begin and not being able to build anything, but also more realistic.

Btw I also thought: what a about a basic research bench, and then a more advanced one with some hard item to craft to make it or something, so it gives a little challenge to get the advanced techs, could be interesting. What do you think ?

JanBlair

Yeah I actually thought about the research idea, but didn't know how to make it so researches were assigned to certain tables.

mrofa

Did had few more plays with the mod and damn its still enyoing it, atleast the start:D
I was thinking that there might be some more dependence on research, not sure if its possible now i.e. all colonists woluld have massive penatly to most of the skills ( i think this can be done by making a mod with skill values and lowering them not sure), skills would have milestones so 1 to 5 lvl of minig would give 2% of speed for each lvl(10%) but on lvl 6 you get extra 25% bonus for only this lvl, any higher lvls would give 2% until next milestone.
So we got poor skills and here comes the research, there could be few research that are categories in them selfs, but at some stage they are linked together and require some of other category higher research.
Player could start with wood, stone, minerals( metal, and hopfully crystals at some stage or other resorces) and plants research.
Each of this categories would give a bonus to skill research, like the basic ones pneumatic minepicks that give 20%.
Food category as there are zones which i dont know how to change could mainy give speed up to growing and some basic like a plant pot, maybe early merge with minerals for food dispenser, and with wood for hydrophonic farms.
Also merge plants and minerals could give chemical research that would allow for some basic solar plants and batteries.
Wood would provide some early furniture.

This idea is mostly for early specialization, as i did play the early version it was very cool since i had to choose and plan what i will need to research dependable on the map im on.

All i do is clutter all around.

FowlJ

I'm not quite sure what you're getting at in the later part of your post (though that's almost definitely a failure of reading comprehension on my part), but the first bit is really easy to do by just editing the skillNeeds for those tasks to have a value defined for every skill level like shooting instead of the base + bonus format that they use currently.

JanBlair

Would anyone be interested in helping me with getting the correct values for guns? Message me if you are.