Progressively revealed traits

Started by RevBrock, December 02, 2016, 09:17:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RevBrock

I shouldn't know this wanderer who joins my colony is a pyromaniac until they go around starting fires.  It would be fun if you don't immediately have this detailed readout of a person you know nothing about.  Would be fun if you discovered this new worker you love turns out to be a canable and wants you for breakfast.

schizmo

I think this would be a great addition to harder difficulties, but might make it TOO hard for those who still play on lower difficulties. And certainly no matter what difficulty you choose, your starting 3 colonists should have all traits revealed.

RevBrock

Totally agree with starting colonist being revealed

Havan_IronOak

I like the aspects of storytelling that this suggests.

The gradual reveal would be great. Personally I think colonists should be able to develop traits as the game goes on. e.g. someone injured with a molotov cocktail may be become incapable of "scary" firefighting.

Personally I also like the idea that colonists incapable of some duties (like hauling) can be made to do it at a strong mood penalty.

Wanderer_joins

Traits and history...
Sort of Big Brother shit:

"Lumi had a deep talk with Tynan. She found out he killed her father."

RevBrock

Quote from: Havan_IronOak on December 03, 2016, 02:39:41 AM
I like the aspects of storytelling that this suggests.

The gradual reveal would be great. Personally I think colonists should be able to develop traits as the game goes on. e.g. someone injured with a molotov cocktail may be become incapable of "scary" firefighting.

Personally I also like the idea that colonists incapable of some duties (like hauling) can be made to do it at a strong mood penalty.

I totally agree

Grishnerf

such System of revealing traits sounds awesome for harder difficulties.
maybe even more Options for getting traits while playing.

1)like you killed someones uncle in the raiding Party and the dude becomes incapable of fighting (maybe even time based, cant fight for 1 season.)
2)or someone gets Food poisoning and theres a chance he will only eat berries and corn for 2 seasons.
3)or someone gets 3 lucky headshots in a row and has a Chance to get Careful shooter.
4)or someone Fails at an Operation and wont heal anymore and gets alcohol addiciton
5)or someone gets attacked by an wild animal( boar) with a fatal wound (lost right toe) so he wont interact with boars for the next year. even your own.

would make the game more chaotic and random and you have to Play around that.
possibilities are endless.

Born in Toxic Fallout
Drop-Pod Escape Artist

Wanderer_joins

yes, seriously a good idea, a blind recruitment, or more social chat needed to progressively unveil their trait.