Removing a def with merged patch

Started by Fafn1r, December 07, 2016, 02:10:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fafn1r

Is it possible to override a def in a way that removes it from the game? I'm working on compatibility patches and want to remove duplicate items.

I tried to gray out the code, just leaving defName, but I get a missing label and in case of FashionRIMsta, it didn't remove the item/recipe at all.

Once it's defined it can't be undefined.  However, you can use certain tricks to make it inaccessible such as assigning buildings (ThingDefs) to the "None" designation category (see the AncientCrytosleep),  setting ResearchProjectDefs to have themselves as prerequisites (although, they will still be visible in the research menu), removing recipeUsers from RecipeDefs, etc.
(2*b)||!(2*b) - That is the question.
There are 10 kinds of people in this world - those that understand binary and those that don't.