Making scars to naturally heal

Started by Alenerel, December 09, 2016, 11:00:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alenerel

Im trying to make this, since I dont want the whole EPOE mod. I tried to put the <naturallyHealed>true</naturallyHealed> inside:

<li>
        <compClass>HediffComp_GetsOld</compClass>
        <oldLabel>burn scar</oldLabel>
      </li>

But it doesnt work. Is it difficult to make it? I really have no idea of coding.

malgrumm

I think the scars in the game are meant to stay that way, as scars...after all a scar is the bodies way of healing a bad wound when it can't close up the wound fast enough to prevent scarring. The only thing i could recommend is using the EPOE mod instead of trying to do it yourself, i think you have to dig into the base game files and change things as well.

Illusion Distort

Scars are the remains of wounds that was unable to heal. Are you sure that there is not something from EPOE you are missing?

Alenerel

I think that EPOE can heal scars but the thing is that I dont want the whole EPOE package... Just be able to heal scars over time.

deliveryservice

You need to hard code the scars properties. I have no idea how to mod the xml for this effect. EPOE simply removes the scars just like plastic surgery..

Unlike wounds, scars are permanent, It's realistic that way afterall.

RawCode

scars are permanent, if you want scars that heal naturally, it won't be scars, it just asking 2 wheel car that is not motocycle.

Rock5

Actually, in real life, scars can fade over time. I would love to see in game that scars fade over a period of say 2 years. They should not disappear all together but reduce to a minimum level. That could make the mechanics of scaring bearable.
Rock5 [B18] Mods
- Butchers Can Count Meat
- Sun Lamp Planner
- JTZoneButtons
- RimSearch
- JTExport

Alenerel

Im asking for a mod to heal scars because I dont see it very balanced, but they are annoying.

If we talk about real life, thats another topic. The fact is that a lot of things cause scars, yes, but those scars dont hurt at all and dont weaken that part. For example the typical face scars in movies... I have a 8 cm scar in my elbow from a tube that went through it when I was a kid and it doesnt hurt at all, it isnt uncomfortable or impedes my movement in any way, its just ugly.

Most scars are like this. There are also some scars that can hurt or/and impede movement for the rest of your life but they arent common.

TBH I think that the best thing would be that the current thing called "scar" in game was just a long term wound that would be slowly healing over, for example, a year.

Adalah217

So, basically you want to remove scars' functionality, and have them heal the way a wound would. Well, then all you need to do is remove all scars, add new wounds, and just describe those wounds as "scars". You might have trouble with the "scars" needing to be healed, but you could set the time to next heal to be really long. Should be doable. Not exactly sure how to remove scars from generating on newly created characters, and you might run into plenty of bugs along the way, and it almost certainly wouldn't be save compatible.

Easier way to accomplish the end goal: use EPOE to remove all scars in a game, and simply add new types of wounds which take a long time to heal.

deliveryservice

Quote from: Alenerel on December 12, 2016, 07:00:39 AM
Im asking for a mod to heal scars because I dont see it very balanced, but they are annoying.

If we talk about real life, thats another topic. The fact is that a lot of things cause scars, yes, but those scars dont hurt at all and dont weaken that part. For example the typical face scars in movies... I have a 8 cm scar in my elbow from a tube that went through it when I was a kid and it doesnt hurt at all, it isnt uncomfortable or impedes my movement in any way, its just ugly.

Most scars are like this. There are also some scars that can hurt or/and impede movement for the rest of your life but they arent common.

TBH I think that the best thing would be that the current thing called "scar" in game was just a long term wound that would be slowly healing over, for example, a year.

I guess if only to remove the Pain effect then doable*. By adding a bracket like this:

<!--<averagePainPerSeverityOld>0.00625</averagePainPerSeverityOld>-->

* Without C code that is.

Facepunch

Skullywag has a scar removal mod. Dermal Regenerator or something of the such. Simple machine, throw your colonist in, and it'll heal the scar.