Major raid

Started by Wanderer_joins, December 11, 2016, 07:32:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wanderer_joins

Raid with guys high on go-juice / luci, top quality gears, snipers with high shooting skill, brawlers with melee weapons.

Respones

My english is bad that's why I can't understand... It's what you want to happen or it's happen to you?

picollo

Quote from: Respones on December 12, 2016, 07:40:36 AM
My english is bad that's why I can't understand... It's what you want to happen or it's happen to you?

Yes!

Wanderer_joins

Quote from: Respones on December 12, 2016, 07:40:36 AM

It never happens. Sometimes a few of them are high on drugs, sometimes a few of elite/sniper raiders have good shooting skills, but it's random. A major raid would be like a "miror raid", raiders similar to your colonists assaulting your colony. You would still have the (huge) defensive advantage.

Dukkha

Now that you mention it, it would be cool if (on rare occasions) you were attacked by one or two highly trained assassins with exceptional AI.
Rather than their goal being to slaughter your entire colony (which could feel punishing rather than challenging), perhaps they were hired to kill a very specific colonist, or steal a high value piece of art.
Just a thought.
Losing is fun!

mugenzebra

Quote from: Dukkha on December 12, 2016, 01:56:56 PM
Now that you mention it, it would be cool if (on rare occasions) you were attacked by one or two highly trained assassins with exceptional AI.
Rather than their goal being to slaughter your entire colony (which could feel punishing rather than challenging), perhaps they were hired to kill a very specific colonist, or steal a high value piece of art.
Just a thought.
interesting idea.

MAKAIROSI

The idea of specific raid "missions" is indeed very interesting. I have a place where i store all my silver and valuables (thrumbo horns, ai cores, jade and gold etc) and i built it really carefully but the ai would never want to go there anyway. It would be awesome if they specifically targetted that area and, if they got in, i would be screwed. Also, it would be awesome to care about such a possibility.

They could focus on cutting power cables so the turrets don't work, so you would have to have a backup battery to supply the treasury with power, etc.

Dukkha

Quote from: MAKAIROSI on December 13, 2016, 12:08:24 PM
They could focus on cutting power cables so the turrets don't work, so you would have to have a backup battery to supply the treasury with power, etc.

Oh hellz yeah! That would get some players holding their breath.
Losing is fun!