December 2013?

Started by Moonblink, October 17, 2013, 02:21:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Moonblink

From what I read in your FAQ the game should be out for backers some time in December 13? I think this will be a fun game how about replacing the the people with anything other than that same people used in prison architect? I would rather see people with hands and legs than just blobs. Reminds me of Wii lame animations.
Dell Venue 11 Pro Tablet Windows 8.1 Intel Atom Quad 1.5ghz, 2GB ram, 64GB SSD, Intel HD Graphics.

Tynan

That was a typo. The public alpha will be in January.
Tynan Sylvester - @TynanSylvester - Tynan's Blog

British

Quote from: Moonblink on October 17, 2013, 02:21:17 AM
(...) how about replacing the the people with anything other than that same people used in prison architect?
How about doing some research ?
Here's what the FAQ says on the KickStarter page:
"It looks a lot like Prison Architect. What's up with that?

Blame my (Tynan's) lack of art skill - especially with characters. I made the character art you see in the trailer as a stopgap, and borrowed the Prison Architect style because I'm not a good enough artist to develop a new one. They were never intended to be final. With this Kickstarter, we'll be able to get a real artist who can sit down and develop an original style for RimWorld.
"

I would rather see people with hands and legs than just blobs. Reminds me of Wii lame animations.
Sorry, but you're out of luck:

http://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=200.msg3035#msg3035
"If you squint it will always look like Prison Architect.

It'll always have this clean, pseudo-vector look. It'll always have the same viewpoint. The interface has been heavily iterated upon and will stay similar to how it is.

What I want to change most of all are the characters. I'm already taking to an artist who is working on some character sprites after a long back and forth getting the style down. They'll still be limbless and somewhat vector-y and simple to recognize at a distance, and still only have 3 animation frames, all for practical reasons. But they won't look exactly like PA.
"

crazybmanp

I love this style, it allows all actions without complicated animations and without cluttering the screen with unnecessary limbs.

miah999

I would like to see hands though, maybe the tools and the guns as well when being used. I understand that that might complicate the animation.

Tynan

Quote from: miah999 on October 17, 2013, 11:34:44 AM
I would like to see hands though, maybe the tools and the guns as well when being used. I understand that that might complicate the animation.

They may appear and disappear when necessary.

Semmy

From what I read in your FAQ the game should be out for backers some time in December 13? I think this will be a fun game how about replacing the the people with anything other than that same people used in prison architect? I would rather see people with hands and legs than just blobs. Reminds me of Wii lame animations.
Quote from: Tynan on October 17, 2013, 02:31:41 AM
That was a typo. The public alpha will be in January.

i corrected the faq.
was it your or my typo tynan d-;
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.
Edmund Burke

Tynan

Quote from: Semmy on October 17, 2013, 01:26:20 PM
i corrected the faq.
was it your or my typo tynan d-;

I typo'd it in the Kickstarter and changed it some time in the first week.

SteveAdamo

Quote from: crazybmanp on October 17, 2013, 11:32:20 AM
I love this style, it allows all actions without complicated animations and without cluttering the screen with unnecessary limbs.
absolutely agree with you there... definitely a case of less is more... i've really taken to the art style, and hope the overall look doesnt change too terribly much, aside from giving RW its own uniqueness...

Semmy

Quote from: SteveAdamo on October 17, 2013, 01:35:00 PM
Quote from: crazybmanp on October 17, 2013, 11:32:20 AM
absolutely agree with you there... definitely a case of less is more... i've really taken to the art style, and hope the overall look doesnt change too terribly much, aside from giving RW its own uniqueness...

arent the charachters to small to actually show stuff like hands.
Might start to look messy
Edmund Burke

SteveAdamo

Quote from: Semmy on October 17, 2013, 01:35:46 PMMight start to look messy
unless i misunderstood the post i quoted, i think we're in agreement here... no hands/limbs is the ideal... :)

Semmy

Quote from: SteveAdamo on October 17, 2013, 01:39:50 PM
Quote from: Semmy on October 17, 2013, 01:35:46 PMMight start to look messy
unless i misunderstood the post i quoted, i think we're in agreement here... no hands/limbs is the ideal... :)

steve go get your right profile picture. your confusing me

and besides the looking factor.
if i dont got hands i cant loose them. Happened to much in df
Edmund Burke

SteveAdamo

Quote from: Semmy on October 17, 2013, 01:42:27 PM
do you not like Frazetta? :)

or do you know me from elsewhere, and were expecting an alternate profile pic? sorry for the OT! :p

Semmy

Quote from: SteveAdamo on October 17, 2013, 01:47:32 PM
Quote from: Semmy on October 17, 2013, 01:42:27 PM
do you not like Frazetta? :)

or do you know me from elsewhere, and were expecting an alternate profile pic? sorry for the OT! :p
Edmund Burke

SteveAdamo

i haven't the foggiest idea what you're referring to... :p