NEED YOUR IDEAS for Industrial RIM Alpha 3!

Started by Cala13er, April 07, 2014, 04:16:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AntiMatter

how bout a rework of the resources... i keep getting WAY too much titanuim and copper but no iron at all... (ratio is like 3 (copper/titanuim) to 1 (iron)) and since i researched everything and the research bug is there my buildings are at a standstill
sometimes, all you need is to get out and push.
-Jeb kerman

battlethief8

I propose a mech, the colonists can equip it and haul extra resources or use it to carry more wounded faster. They can use it to mine faster, or use it as a weapon against raiders. I think it would use uranium, and have an upgrade tree in the research window.

123nick

try looking at some industrial minecraft mods: industrial craft, buildcraft, mekanism, stuff like that, and then implement that into rimworld. i would do that if i knew how to mod

reifnotreef

I would love to see things pulled from MC mods like Thermal Expansion/Universal Electricity.

Please do NOT take inspiration from MC's IndustrialCraft! I hate that compared to other tech mods lol
Best,
Reif

Celthric Aysen

Don't worry were not really copying Industrial Craft, were mostly taking inspiration from Factorio and Tekkit.
My DeviantART|E-Vehicles|Flebe's  Channel
"♫"Every people that i see i will never understand"♪"

Jotun

Radioluminescent lighting. Essentially you build a small light using uranium that uses no power but produces a small amount of light at all times. Good for backups and such, but can't be turned on/off.

More walls and sandbag-like objects, concrete walls and such which are stronger than stone but cannot be deconstructed, only mined, and have something like 2000hp or something. Uses metal and stone to build and drops a few metal and stone scraps when mined.

Improved conduits/walls which don't short circuit/are fireproof, good for building sealed wires and such, also have more health than regular conduits/walls.

Floodlights which light a very wide area, preferably in a direction if that's possible though I can understand if that isn't possible.

Wire fencing, or barbed wire, able to be shot through but cannot be moved through.

More complex machines, which gain benefits to efficiency/productivity based on addon structures. A metal refinery for example could have extra processing chambers to go faster, extra extraction chambers to get more metal from each raw ore, extra heat reclamation modules to reduce power consumption, stuff like that, things that encourage you to build big machines and let you customise how well they work in different areas. Have some things that need to be connected to steam vents/other naturally occurring resources, some which need to be outside, some which need to be inside, that sort of thing.

Think of industry, and think what industry has and uses that the mod doesn't.

Celthric Aysen

Quote from: Jotun on April 17, 2014, 07:43:51 PM
Radioluminescent lighting. Essentially you build a small light using uranium that uses no power but produces a small amount of light at all times. Good for backups and such, but can't be turned on/off.

More walls and sandbag-like objects, concrete walls and such which are stronger than stone but cannot be deconstructed, only mined, and have something like 2000hp or something. Uses metal and stone to build and drops a few metal and stone scraps when mined.

Improved conduits/walls which don't short circuit/are fireproof, good for building sealed wires and such, also have more health than regular conduits/walls.

Floodlights which light a very wide area, preferably in a direction if that's possible though I can understand if that isn't possible.

Wire fencing, or barbed wire, able to be shot through but cannot be moved through.

More complex machines, which gain benefits to efficiency/productivity based on addon structures. A metal refinery for example could have extra processing chambers to go faster, extra extraction chambers to get more metal from each raw ore, extra heat reclamation modules to reduce power consumption, stuff like that, things that encourage you to build big machines and let you customise how well they work in different areas. Have some things that need to be connected to steam vents/other naturally occurring resources, some which need to be outside, some which need to be inside, that sort of thing.

Think of industry, and think what industry has and uses that the mod doesn't.
I love some of your ideas! il go tell Cala13er some of this ;)

Darkfirephoenix

http://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=3199.0 That are my ideas, more will follow. I'll post them there in the hopes that they maybe make it into the main-game and to keep this thread as "clean" as possible, but else I allow the Industrial RIM team to use my ideas. I'm still thinking about more stuff, you can ask me from time to time for more ideas if you URGETNLY need some more! I would be happy to get some more space in my internal-brain-storage for more ideas, so ask away! ;) Btw. I'll flesh out / specify my ideas more over time, but I'm happy for other posts with ideas! :D

longbyte1

I'd like to see something like logic gates in a mod. I have no idea why somebody would use them, but it would be nice to have them. :P

Cala13er

Quote from: longbyte1 on April 20, 2014, 04:49:08 PM
I'd like to see something like logic gates in a mod. I have no idea why somebody would use them, but it would be nice to have them. :P

logic gates for what? Explain what they do :)

Darkfirephoenix

Logic gates? It would only make sense if you construct electronic-circuits and such stuff, but if you have already automation it is utterly useless. Example: Automatic lights (turn on only if someone is withing a distance of x), sensors to sepperate Humans from animals (even sepperate different ppl as higher tech) in combination with automated doors / defenses etc.

And Cala13er and the other mod devs: Don't forget to take a look at my idea thread at least once per day, I'll try to update it daily! Untill ofc I run outta fitting ideas. ;) You could ask me for more specific ideas here too! :)

Cala13er

Quote from: Darkfirephoenix on April 21, 2014, 07:31:47 AM
Logic gates? It would only make sense if you construct electronic-circuits and such stuff, but if you have already automation it is utterly useless. Example: Automatic lights (turn on only if someone is withing a distance of x), sensors to sepperate Humans from animals (even sepperate different ppl as higher tech) in combination with automated doors / defenses etc.

And Cala13er and the other mod devs: Don't forget to take a look at my idea thread at least once per day, I'll try to update it daily! Untill ofc I run outta fitting ideas. ;) You could ask me for more specific ideas here too! :)

As I said, I'm already feeding of your ideas for the v1.2.0 of Industrial RIM ;)

And of course I'm checking it every day!

Darkfirephoenix

Your mod says it's powered by squirrels... That would actually work with my idea of the "Bio-Generator/Reactor"! :D

Celthric Aysen

Quote from: Darkfirephoenix on April 21, 2014, 08:19:56 AM
Your mod says it's powered by squirrels... That would actually work with my idea of the "Bio-Generator/Reactor"! :D
We had something better in mind by Powered By Squirrels ;)

Darkfirephoenix

I just played Industrial Rim for some hours and here are some ideas suggestions I got while playing it:

Combustion generators and that ASAP please. They should range in size too, because you can power an whole house with an 2m x 2m big generator.

This would need Fuel to function ofc. and you could make Fuel from coal if you know how. Hrmmm Maybe implement Oil too? It would be the main way to fuel and could be used for Chemicals/Medicine too.

This are just some side ideas, the main ideas can be found in my thread at the suggestion page. ;)