Texturer needed

Started by Xeewon, April 08, 2014, 12:42:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Xeewon

Hello all!

Getting into the modding scene here with a lot of my work already done, I find myself in need of textures. I lack the talent to make any sort of decent looking art so I look to the forum community for help.

Originally the mod started as a way for me to have a sort of "end game goal" in rimworld, hooking together rimworld and FTl: Faster than light. I wanted to code a mod that allowed me to build the ftl starships. I am using those as place holder textures but the quality is horrible for how big I want the ships to be. as right now the placeholder ship is 35*21 in game tiles to give you an idea of how big the ships are. this is completely voluntary work as I can not pay anyone. so anyone who wants to give making a ship a try would be awesome and will be given credit for texture work as long as the texture is used and can be used in the large scale. if anyone wants to try making the smaller textures I can post a list.

This is the placeholder I am using from FTL

-Xee

Darker

You should post the texture placeholder you're using right now, so that any designer can see what do you want.
Please... Throw human readable errors on savefile parsing failure!!!
Rim world editor Editor on GIT

Xeewon

Psyckosama

You do realize there are the full size game sprites on the Wiki, right?

Bah. Gimme some time and I'll rip you every ship in the damned game. Just give me some credit for the sprite rip, okay?

I'll do some editing and send it over once I get some sleep :p

Xeewon

Can you believe I never thought to check the wiki? At any rate, the only images I can find there are the ones with the rooms active. But if you were to do that it would be amazing! :D

Psyckosama

Had to reinstall my OS. Need a bit of time to get this right...

mrofa

Wow im currently trying to get thrugh the ftl advence edition and didnt even know that it had so many ships :D
Nice work mate !
All i do is clutter all around.

Psyckosama

Added a version of the rebel flagship without the stupid looking guns.

Attached.

[attachment deleted by admin: too old]

Xeewon

Been busy reworking my mod, textures are much appreciated, thank you!

Psyckosama

Quote from: Xeewon on April 17, 2014, 02:12:54 PM
Been busy reworking my mod, textures are much appreciated, thank you!

How's it going so far?

Xeewon

originally the it was just a simple mod that hooked rimworld and ftl for my own sake, but wanting to make it have some use. I made so you were able to pack resources into crates and sell/buy them in bulk by "crafting" them into each other because of the A2 limit of traders. with that fixed in A3, I'm reworking the mod to make it more than just decoration.

Psyckosama

Quote from: Xeewon on April 18, 2014, 12:30:06 PM
originally the it was just a simple mod that hooked rimworld and ftl for my own sake, but wanting to make it have some use. I made so you were able to pack resources into crates and sell/buy them in bulk by "crafting" them into each other because of the A2 limit of traders. with that fixed in A3, I'm reworking the mod to make it more than just decoration.

Good luck.

Bet there are going to be a whole lot of starship options now!