So what if you blended...

Started by Towely_ban, April 09, 2014, 06:03:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Towely_ban

Just decided to "buy in" to the game and so far love it. No suggestions right out of the gate other than once you feel you've come up with a finished release, you go talk to the FTL guys and both create a blended sequel because omg I love you both. Colony sim plus FTL ship combat would make me wet myself. (In a good way!)

That's as far as i'm willing to go with a suggestion though, I have potatoes to pick and stones to shape before the next horrible disaster strikes my group.

also traps. I'm sure that's on the board though, both for hunting and defense. Okay, that is all. I have to switch back to the game window i'm having withdrawals.

FtDLulz

Ha, I've thought of that before (a lot of us probably have) and it sounds like it'd be an awesome game. There's still a long way to go before this one is finished, though :P

Darkfirephoenix

I would rather prever an blend of Rimworld and Starship Corporation. Starship Corporation has an nice management and planning aspect (you design your own space-/star- ships)... I'm starting to drool all over the place just thinking about the possibilities... Starting as some stranded ppl on an Rimworld, colonising and terraforming it, finally building starships to get off the planet and founding an Interstellar Corporation wich builds/developes Starships and colonises Planets, mines Asteroids etc...  ;D

Towely_ban

I think the difference without knocking SC too badly is that FTL is a management game. SC is a micromanagement game. Micromanaging as a game is a bit much, especially on top of managing a colony. Either way it'd be a lot of work to be able to blend the two, and one would have to come after you reach a certain level of autonomous stability in your colony.

But I did try SC, and while its neat as a ship designer, im hoping that guy is only using place holders as many of his images are stolen (and then have a cheap filter applied to them) and he infringes multiple copyrights by using trademarks from movies and films. I question whether the CG movie in his trailer is actually his or just a huge waste of time and money.

I realize now I just knocked the game even though I said I wasnt going to. It needs to be said though.

another game to keep an eye on might be Galactic Princess. Somewhere between SPAZ and FTL.

This thread should probably be hurled over to general discussion at this point.

Darkfirephoenix

I agree with the moving suggestion.

Now back to topic: About SC: Yes he is using all this stuff and told in his own forums that he is still searching for ppl who can supply him with pictures, designs etc. and that used most of the stuff only to be able to show off how the game will look. (he is hiring btw)

I agree with your point about the amount of management wich would be involved, but as I said: It should switch from "Colony" management to "Starship" management at the point where you are building your ship to get of the planet... Maybe make it possible to let the colony manage itself after you have taken off into space and founded your Corporation (if you want. I could imagine that your "Homeplanet" is where you will build your ships [to save some money instead of hiring an crew to build the ships] and have to manage the construction of the ships at first until you are big enough [and/or have enough money])

To be honest I'm kind of an crazy guy in that aspect: I would love a game where you start of in a life sim, then change over to an management sim (corporation, club etc. and finally in space) but where you could change at anytime you want. Example: Your starting char is charismatic and soon foundes an Corporation, now you could choose: Do you want to focus on the management of the corporation (faster time etc. like in most management games), do you want to still focus on your char and his family (you can still manage the corp from this point, but in an slower speed [day to day]), or you could to change it on the fly (family life is boring atm? Change to Corporation management and change back if there is something interresting happening)... Ohhh boy I have so many ideas. I would love to make such an game! I have more than 10 pages of functionallity and such stuff already worked out!...