Surgery Bug?

Started by Dukkha, December 28, 2016, 02:31:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dukkha

So I realise people have been commenting on surgery success rates but throughout the course of my three year colony I can't believe that all this fails/deaths are just bad luck.

My level 17 doctor, 98% success rate, regular medicine, hospital bed with vitals monitor, just failed a leg implant twice in a row. I must have made 15+ surgery attempts in this colony; Four of them have succeeded, three of those were due to glitterworld medicine, and there have been four deaths. If I include prisoner harvests I've killed about 4 of them for 1 lung.  My doctor would have been a lower level in the past but was always above 90% success rate plus medicine/bed bonuses.

There has to be something up with the formula, there's no way this is just bad luck, and I have trouble believing this kind of failure rate was intended.
Losing is fun!

Pushover

In A16, Regular Medicine is at 70% potency, and Herbal is at 40%. So really, anything other than Glitterworld Medicine sucks for surgery as of A16.

malloc

If this is the new intention then we need the ability to select what kind of medicine is used for what kind of injury/surgery (as well as per Pawn type such as Colonist vs Prisoner vs Guest) i.e. Bruise -> Herbal; Cut -> Regular Med; Surgery -> Glitterworld.  At the moment this has added something else to micromanage that doesn't add to the challenge/enjoyment of the game.

Dukkha

Quote from: Pushover on December 28, 2016, 04:51:20 AM
In A16, Regular Medicine is at 70% potency, and Herbal is at 40%. So really, anything other than Glitterworld Medicine sucks for surgery as of A16.

Wait, so does that mean my 98% surgery success is being * by .70?

EDIT: If anyone knows the exact formula I'd love to see it. Can't seem to find it on the wiki.
Losing is fun!

Sjaa

That explains so much!  I tried to put on a simple peg leg with herbal medicine.  The first try almost obliterated the guy's torso, and the second killed him.  I was in shock.

Tynan

It's fixed for next build.
Tynan Sylvester - @TynanSylvester - Tynan's Blog