[B18] TiberiumRim v1.7 - A Command & Conquer Mod for RimWorld

Started by Telefonmast, December 29, 2016, 11:07:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Thyme

Walls, buildings, concrete, cliffs all stopped tiberium growth in TiberianSun. Not sure about hard soil (the one where subterranean couldn't dig in). Telefonmast already wrote that there'll be other means of controlling tiberium.

Sonic emitters? Seven hells, yeah!
I'm from Austria. If I offend you, it's usually inadvertently.
Snowmen army, Chemfuel Generator, Electric Stonecutting, Smelting Tweak

Telefonmast

Quote from: Canute on January 25, 2017, 08:13:47 AM
People, just lets wait for the next release and look what Telefonmast got made.

Thank you. We appreciate ideas, but it's all been made up long ago already. I guess I will have to migrate my ideas google docs from the unfinished post to this post...
Here it is! - Feel free to submit ALL of your lovely ideas you have there.

Quote from: Thyme on January 25, 2017, 08:27:32 AM
Walls, buildings, concrete, cliffs all stopped tiberium growth in TiberianSun. Not sure about hard soil (the one where subterranean couldn't dig in). Telefonmast already wrote that there'll be other means of controlling tiberium.

Sonic emitters? Seven hells, yeah!

Well this mod is *not* Tiberian Sun.
However, it is the whole of the Tiberium universe combined, in as much detail as possible. So we won't focus on what one single game did, but how we interpret the lore and and change it to our liking.
For me Tiberium is aggressive, it should have as little ways of resistance as possible. No silly concrete walls and especially not a cliff, that shit would grow a bridge over it first if necessary.

Tiberian Sun most likely used those mechanics just so players don't get annoyed by their base being overgrown.
Have you seen Red Zones? There is not a single buildings standing without a crystal growing on it - because Tiberium does *not* really care about what material is close to it.

About the Sonic Emitter - not anytime before 2.0. We have a different solution as a common Tiberium resistance building for 1.2.

Telefonmast - Ready to give you good phone connection!
- My mod project

TerrorThomasCao

Looking forward to it, currently I just build walls or send out a kill squad to shoot at it for a day and destroy it :P

Sefin

How does one spread tiberium.  I tried getting a colonist infected and dying in an area I wanted it.  Didn't work though.

Is it possible to spread that way?

Telefonmast

Quote from: Sefin on January 25, 2017, 10:17:22 AM
How does one spread tiberium.  I tried getting a colonist infected and dying in an area I wanted it.  Didn't work though.

Is it possible to spread that way?

There is no way of manually spreading it so far.
- My mod project

Thyme

Quote from: Telefonmast on January 25, 2017, 09:40:01 AM
[...] Well this mod is *not* Tiberian Sun. [...]
Yes, yes, I know that. Was answering Birdys question about stuff blocking Tiberium back in TibSun. You won't stop me spreading my ideas, if you consider them is up to you. Now, can we stop reminding each other of that all the time and take it for granted ;)

Well, actually it's the other way around, TW changed it to a more dangerous form (tho not on the battlefield). Vines could destroy buildings!

SigmaPrometheus

There will be an event of fall of ship scrim from which we will get the tacit and we will be able to unlock a new technological tree? After all, thanks to the tacit it is possible that the engineers of the gdi and nod can capture their structures in tiberium war 3 ... I do not know what else to say, the scrin will be humanoids that you can indoctrinate over time in some future or drones cyborgs?

Xentor

I fear slowly you make it a bit to big.
It looks a bit like same time you progress the mod, you move the wanted content for 1.2 more away with the same speed.
You should more do it in "steps" and not all at all in one jump.

Telefonmast

Quote from: Xentor on January 26, 2017, 04:13:58 PM
I fear slowly you make it a bit to big.
It looks a bit like same time you progress the mod, you move the wanted content for 1.2 more away with the same speed.
You should more do it in "steps" and not all at all in one jump.
We are not really working on anything big for 1.2.
We just took a "break" as some of us are busy with life and can't work on the project 24/7.
That's why the new update takes so long.
- My mod project

Birdy

In Tundra the tiberium is growth is fairly doable to deal with so far with proper planning! Still struggling to keep up, but having a blast. :D Definitely my favorite mod thus far.

Thyme

I'm now fourish years in with my ice sheet colony. Summer temperature this year is -50°C (instead of +10°C second sommer). Damn climate cycle. I'm about to finish the tiberium refinery research, but won't need to do any refining for a while. The reason being simply that between -100°C and -40°C no human raids will spawn so I got plenty of downed mechas laying around. I guess ice sheet is not representative.
Exited for the real content!

PS: Concept for tiberium farmTM: Wall in a small area around any tiberium spawner, roof it to prevent snow blocking the growth. Work with zones (preferably red and blue ;)) so that only your PPE guy walks in. And of course, set a growing zone (forbid growing) to auto-harvest ripe crystals. Air locks might be a good idea. Note: Will probably not work in 1.2

Regar

Suggestion ... (maybe someone mentioned this already)

As this mod adds to the difficulty of the game, maybe you want to add a random event that helps players out a bit.

Since there is Tiberium in this world there should also be someone that has an interest in it. (maybe GDI & NOD?)
so basicly a random event that sends a (many) harvester drone(s) to harvest a good chunk of the tiberium.

btw i just startet my first game with this mod maybe this event is already in the mod.

Telefonmast

Quote from: Regar on January 29, 2017, 05:03:44 AM
Since there is Tiberium in this world there should also be someone that has an interest in it. (maybe GDI & NOD?)
so basicly a random event that sends a (many) harvester drone(s) to harvest a good chunk of the tiberium.

We don't have factions, neither harvester yet.
And I think tiberium being so dangerous is perfect the way it is, since there barely is anything that can help from the outside. It's pretty much in your hands how everything ends up.
- My mod project

MechanoidHiveMind

Will there be a Mutant Race of some sorts which will try and attack us Late-Game?
Or will there be a Tiberium infusion like in Tiberium Wars (nod research) or types of abandoned Structures(maybe barracks,refinery,tech lab,power plant,)that will be overgrown with  tiberium.
Anyway I'm Excited for the new update  ;D ;D ;D
One death is a tragedy; one million is a statistic
Death solves all problems - no man, no problem
Only Mechanoids ; Everywhere

TerrorThomasCao

I didn't play the game so I have no idea what's to come but it sounds amazing so far. But it's definitely nothing to mess around with,  I'm going to post a picture of what happened to my base.