[B18] TiberiumRim v1.7 - A Command & Conquer Mod for RimWorld

Started by Telefonmast, December 29, 2016, 11:07:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Telefonmast

Quote from: Birdy on January 22, 2017, 08:20:49 AM

Looks like a lot of cool ideas! My heart broke when I saw a red flag at 'Harvester' and 'Tiberium Harvesting' though. ;(

Harvesters are our friends.
Don't worry, they will be done some time later, the mindmap is out of date anyway.
Telefonmast - Ready to give you good phone connection!
- My mod project

Thyme

I started a new game with TiberiumRim two days ago. It's a tundra run, with the temperature ranging from -20°C to -50°C, not only because I read in this thread that tiberium grows exuberantly and only snow/walls can stop it. It worked fine for the first year, with already six (!) tiberium spawners on the map. Unfortunately, I activated climate cycle, which gave me +15°C in summer. All snow is molten and green tiberium growth was set free. Having no intention to let that contaminate the whole map, I walled them in with devgodmode. It feels a bit too much and too early. (Just got the high-tech research up and lack plasteel for multi-analyser). I know you're working on different mechanics to control tiberium, but I'm only three months in and lack the technology level either way. My 2 Cents, might have overreacted tho.

Part of that surely was the uncertaincy how much I could do without the risk of infection. Is it safe to haul the harvested crystals or to refine them without protection suit? Would be nice to get a little more info ingame ;)
I'm from Austria. If I offend you, it's usually inadvertently.
Snowmen army, Chemfuel Generator, Electric Stonecutting, Smelting Tweak

Telefonmast

Quote from: Thyme on January 22, 2017, 11:03:51 AM
Part of that surely was the uncertaincy how much I could do without the risk of infection. Is it safe to haul the harvested crystals or to refine them without protection suit? Would be nice to get a little more info ingame ;)

I will make Tiberium events less common if that is the case.
And yes, Tiberium items don't do anything. You are safe to handle them without protection.
- My mod project

Thyme

I'll take a wild guess and say that that many spawners (and more to come) is OP in terms of resource production. By the way, on my tundra map there are no trees, but the gas cloud ignores that and places a blossom tree nevertheless.
And I got a question: Why are there two types of spawners events, blossom trees and crystals/meteors? It seems redundant to me, or are you trying to fit in both TiberianSun and Tiberium Wars?

Telefonmast

Quote from: Thyme on January 22, 2017, 03:35:43 PM
I'll take a wild guess and say that that many spawners (and more to come) is OP in terms of resource production. By the way, on my tundra map there are no trees, but the gas cloud ignores that and places a blossom tree nevertheless.
And I got a question: Why are there two types of spawners events, blossom trees and crystals/meteors? It seems redundant to me, or are you trying to fit in both TiberianSun and Tiberium Wars?

it spawned a Blossom Tree because all events are based of the same functon, if chance is met spawn this object anywhere on the map that isn't roofed.
So there is no actual "tree infection".

And it is to bring variety into the mod. I think it's nice compared to just one spawner.
The mod's goal is to add the whole Tiberium universe to RimWorld, as detailed as possible.
So prepare for more "redundant" details ;P
- My mod project

milon

Thyme

Hmm, okay. Just checked the wiki, wasn't riparius, vinifera, rutila the names for the spawner in TibSun? btw, will I also get uranium out of any colour?

The only detail I care about is the Firestorm defense system!

Telefonmast

Quote from: Thyme on January 22, 2017, 05:33:00 PM
Hmm, okay. Just checked the wiki, wasn't riparius, vinifera, rutila the names for the spawner in TibSun? btw, will I also get uranium out of any colour?

The only detail I care about is the Firestorm defense system!

Riparius is the scientific lore name of the green Tiberium crystal, Vinifera of the blue crystals and Rutila is made up by me. There is very little lore on red Tiberium so i made my own ;P
Originally we wanted multiple item drops from refining, but we changed that. Maybe we can add that again.

Wait until the faction release for things like firestorm defense :P
- My mod project

Birdy

I'm not too great at Rimworld yet (only 50 hours in or so), so I might be doing it wrong. Feels the tiberium spawns quite fast. Is it mandatory to play on colder maps for now? :P Fighting time here haha

Canute

The one and only expierence with tiberium so far, was on boreal forest.
I choose the forest because i know tiberium will be a challenge (like tropical forest from CK mod) but i didn't know it for sure.

Since i didn't know much about tiberium so far, except it is toxic i just left it alone, and soon i got surounded by green tib.
I ended up with my base fortress with a big front yard, and keep the tiberium outside because i notice fast, walls can stop it.
But when it stills enter my base, i build concrete over it and then placed soil (from veg. garden) over it to decont. the ground.
Hauler bots did the main hauling outside, they are immun to tiberium, until i managed it to gather uranium to build the Tib. research bench, and was shortly later able to build suits.

But i got enough from tiberium, i build alot Pod launcher, moved all my people, some tents and important stuff to a new location, build a temp. base until i reach the friendly AI to leave the planet.

Telefonmast

Quote from: Canute on January 24, 2017, 01:16:42 PM
The one and only expierence with tiberium so far, was on boreal forest.
I choose the forest because i know tiberium will be a challenge (like tropical forest from CK mod) but i didn't know it for sure.

[...]

But i got enough from tiberium, i build alot Pod launcher, moved all my people, some tents and important stuff to a new location, build a temp. base until i reach the friendly AI to leave the planet.

That's quite a nice story involving this mod!
Tho using immune robots is a little cheat ;P
But I ain't judging you, so far Tiberium is a pain and will only get worse later on (no more walls keeping you safe), so I need to find a way of balancing it so not everyone is completely fucked by Tiberium within the first month in the game.

I hope you enjoyed playing with this mod!
- My mod project

Thyme

So using harvesters (as soon as they'll be implemented) will be considered cheating as well? :p
btw, if you do that, will you make them run on fuel? You gotta make them run on electricity or chemfuel. Refueling happens automatically at the refinery or if it runs dry, manually, with hauling chemfuel or a battery to it.

TerrorThomasCao

Wait, walls aren't going to keep us safe soon? Welp I'm fucked, I have ten different spawners walled in right now and just opening the doors is a death sentence, but i got a blue spawn right in my base so I'm using that as a farm. Finally, I'm really waiting for factions, I have about 10 different types of factions right now and I'd love more types of them.

Birdy

Didn't walls in Tiberian Sun/Firestorm block Tiberium? Or do I remember wrong? Perhaps have special TS walls (concrete? :D) block further spread somewhat, or other means to mitigate it reliably?

Canute

People, just lets wait for the next release and look what Telefonmast got made.