Alpha 3 questions/comments

Started by Cassey, April 10, 2014, 03:13:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FtDLulz

Then try enabling one of them and seeing if it causes the problem. Do the same for the other. Once you've found the problem mod, ask the creator of that mod about it in their thread.

Cassey

OK - animal regen is running a bit rampant...

I have SEVEN hunters designated with Hunting as their top priority.  I mark anything that moves to be hunted, and can't keep up.  (do love that new feature!)

Random Randy, 300x300, and still plagued with insane animals.

Architect

The sun lamps going missing is my fault with BetterPower+. No idea why it has happened, so I'm going to be looking into it and patching tonight. Sorry in the mean time :/
Check out BetterPower+ and all its derivatives by clicking the picture below.

It adds many new methods of power generation and uses for it, as well as other things such as incidents.

dd0029

Anyone else had muffalos disguised as bodies, hair pieces or agave plants? The three I had before I hunted them to extinction "liked" to shift between the three graphics.

Architect

That comes from accessing your mod menu at any point. I dont know why it affects it, but it does XD Just make sure whenever you turn on or off mods in the mods menu, you restart the entire game before starting playing with your old/new colony.
Check out BetterPower+ and all its derivatives by clicking the picture below.

It adds many new methods of power generation and uses for it, as well as other things such as incidents.

Col_Jessep

I picked up some goodies from re-entering wreckage like medkits, ammo, uranium... but didn't find a trading vessel that would buy them. Is this an intended change, a bug or is my install broken?

Planetary Annihilation Imminent

Tynan

Quote from: Col_Jessep on April 11, 2014, 02:06:41 PM
I picked up some goodies from re-entering wreckage like medkits, ammo, uranium... but didn't find a trading vessel that would buy them. Is this an intended change, a bug or is my install broken?

Intended change. These items do nothing for now.
Tynan Sylvester - @TynanSylvester - Tynan's Blog

Col_Jessep

Quote from: Tynan on April 11, 2014, 02:10:10 PM
Quote from: Col_Jessep on April 11, 2014, 02:06:41 PM

Intended change. These items do nothing for now.
Thanks for the replay! Need to think of some nice mod for that then. =3

Planetary Annihilation Imminent

Tynan

Quote from: Cassey on April 11, 2014, 10:06:21 AM

I have SEVEN hunters designated with Hunting as their top priority.  I mark anything that moves to be hunted, and can't keep up.  (do love that new feature!)

You're right. Hunting is a bit too easy.

I'll reduce animal regen and try to get some dangerous animals in there. The muffalo really should fight back.

Cassey

Quote from: Tynan on April 11, 2014, 02:20:39 PM
Quote from: Cassey on April 11, 2014, 10:06:21 AM

You're right. Hunting is a bit too easy.

I'll reduce animal regen and try to get some dangerous animals in there. The muffalo really should fight back.

It also produces more food than I can use - I have large storage areas full of dead animals awaiting slaughter.

dd0029

There's something odd with the combat side. For example, when animals go crazy and attack someone my people will continue on their merry way getting beat on. It takes a whole lot for them to stop and fight back.

Then, I stumbled on another arrangement that confuses attackers.

Raiders will walk right by the sandbag emplacements getting mowed down. They are trying to get to the notch by the storage area on the right. Then those two corners infront of Sherman are prime kill spots. The left one, they don't even attack as they are getting blazed away. They beat on that corner like the madmen they are.

keylocke

-hunting is kinda iffy. i still have to micromanage their corpses so colonists would go collect them. (i was hoping that anything dropped as a result of player action should be auto-unforbidden. ie: dead animals or dead humans and their dropped weapons).

-the "create up to" bills finally got added.  :)

-the "planning" order is kinda neat, it's great for laying out the floorplans for the entire base.

-i also like the way the new trading system works with the beacon. it's much easier to make different stockpiles on a single beacon rather than making several launchpads. it also fits easily on irregular shaped rooms

-it would be nice to have a rescue option for incapacitated friendly NPCs. maybe gaining goodwill in the process.

-btw,  tribals communicating via comms console is kinda funny atm.  ;D

Cassey

More an observation and anything else, but I routinely play Random Randy.  Now I know its random, or at least pseudo random, but as my colony progresses so do the raiders, generally in nice balance.  For instance, my colony of 20 or so will get attacked by a large mob, maybe 30 aggressors.  I can handle that.  I can handle that sometimes they attack immediately.  Nice twist, keeps me on my toes.  I can't handle it when two attacks of similar strength happen at the same time, often from opposite directions.   If the second one is an immediate attack, you simply don't have time to call for help (which is my guess on what you were encouraging).

Its an automatic reload back far enough that the RNG changes and I don't have to experience it. 

Would it be possible to limit attacks to one at a time, especially from one outpost?

ApexPredator

I am with Keylocke on the hunting. If an animal is targeted for hunting when it is killed the hunter should go pick it up and bring it to storage.

Tynan

Quote from: ApexPredator on April 11, 2014, 11:09:11 PM
I am with Keylocke on the hunting. If an animal is targeted for hunting when it is killed the hunter should go pick it up and bring it to storage.

This is on my to-do list for A4.