[B18] Shooting Skill Enhanced (22nd Jan 2018)

Started by XeoNovaDan, December 31, 2016, 11:14:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

XeoNovaDan

Compatibility
This mod will conflict with Draw A Bead.

Shooting Skill Enhanced can safely be added to an existing savegame, but there will be issues with removing it from an existing savegame if there are any pawns with the 'Proficient Fighter' trait.

Shooting Skill Enhanced will be fully compatible with any other mod however, including weapon mods.

Downloads
GitHub
Steam

Like this mod? Check out my other mods here!

Overview
Shooting Skill Enhanced makes a person's shooting skill and well-being have a direct effect on their aiming time with ranged weapons, and adds a new trait called 'Proficient Fighter'.

In the past, this used to be an extensive refactoring of the post-processing curve, but that aspect has now been made fully redundant in Beta 18, hence that aspect now being cut from the mod - this is now effectively just a more subtle version of 'Draw A Bead' with a trait on top.

People that are less than level 6 in shooting will gradually take longer to aim since they've had far less experience with a ranged weapon (0 barely knows which end of a gun to hold), and vice-versa for those higher than level 9 since they've had more experience. Manipulation has a significant weight on aiming time too until 120%, and sight has a smaller weight until 150%.

Proficient Fighter is an uncommon trait which increases a person's shooting and melee skill by 3 levels each. It also isn't mutually exclusive with trigger-happy, careful shooter or brawler.

Credits
Love and Skullywag for helping with technical issues.
Marnador for their awesome RimWorld font.
The Community for suggestions on how to improve this! :)

License
As is standard with my mods: you may include this mod in a mod pack, and you may derive from this, but please inform me if you're doing so either through here or Ludeon Forums, and give credit where credit's due.

joaonunes

Can't see images... hard to see what this actually does without being able to see the stats/math behind the mod (the comparison would be great to be able to see)
Do you want your colonists to look manlier?
Get a free mustache sample here!

XeoNovaDan

Strange... I could see them just fine in the preview. I'll try again with images on lightshot instead of google drive

joaonunes

personally I use Photobucket :P Never found a reason to stop using it

XeoNovaDan

Quote from: joaonunes on December 31, 2016, 11:29:18 AM
Can't see images... hard to see what this actually does without being able to see the stats/math behind the mod (the comparison would be great to be able to see)

Okay, I've changed them over to lightshot. Any better? I can't see them at all now, so not entirely sure.

joaonunes

Quote from: XeoNovaDan on December 31, 2016, 11:36:41 AM
Quote from: joaonunes on December 31, 2016, 11:29:18 AM

Okay, I've changed them over to lightshot. Any better? I can't see them at all now, so not entirely sure.

Still the same, can't see them.

Aren't you missing the file extension in the link?

XeoNovaDan

joaonunes

Quote from: XeoNovaDan on December 31, 2016, 11:43:40 AM
Okay, I'll try photobucket

If I access the image's url it open a webpage with the image, what you need is the "raw" image url, which must have an extension at the end of the link.

The webpage should have somewhere an area with the shareable link for the image only, not the webpage

XeoNovaDan

Quote from: joaonunes on December 31, 2016, 11:46:33 AM

If I access the image's url it open a webpage with the image, what you need is the "raw" image url, which must have an extension at the end of the link

Okay, so I'll need to make it into a html or something? I've done the absolute basics of that at school... I'll try it if that's necessary

joaonunes

Quote from: XeoNovaDan on December 31, 2016, 11:47:49 AM

If I access the image's url it open a webpage with the image, what you need is the "raw" image url, which must have an extension at the end of the link

Okay, so I'll need to make it into a html or something? I've done the absolute basics of that at school... I'll try it if that's necessary

No xD

You need to look at the photo in the website you uploaded it to and somewhere there should be a set of links, some of them might even have the "[img]" tags already.

For example the link http://prntscr.com/dq3e3u which you used for the first image leads me to a webpage with an "album" containing the picture.
This link however, http://image.prntscr.com/image/f9f7d82598084c3fa90e92b3d6ced165.png, leads me to the actual picture, but this link should be somewhere in the place where you uploaded the picture. You need to find the links for each picture and put them in the [img] tags here in the forum

XeoNovaDan

Quote from: joaonunes on December 31, 2016, 11:52:13 AM
Quote from: XeoNovaDan on December 31, 2016, 11:47:49 AM

No xD

You need to look at the photo in the website you uploaded it to and somewhere there should be a set of links, some of them might even have the "[img]" tags already.

For example the link http://prntscr.com/dq3e3u which you used for the first image leads me to a webpage with an "album" containing the picture.
This link however, http://image.prntscr.com/image/f9f7d82598084c3fa90e92b3d6ced165.png, leads me to the actual picture, but this link should be somewhere in the place where you uploaded the picture. You need to find the links for each picture and put them in the [img] tags here in the forum

Alright, I was a bit of a melon in that case :P
I'll do that xD

joaonunes

Perfect :D I can see now :D

Looks cool, too bad it does not work with Combat Realism (although I can't remember if CR already has a similar system or not...)
While the other weapon mods do not release a CR compatibility patch I will use this :P level 20 shooter with 30% chance to hit at max range seems low...

XeoNovaDan

Iwillbenicetou

People would like this on Steam Workshop
Mod Help! The basics on how to download mods!

XeoNovaDan

Quote from: Iwillbenicetou on December 31, 2016, 12:10:27 PM
People would like this on Steam Workshop

I shall do so as soon as possible. Just doing a minor update to fix the link in the about.xml, and description, and even a notepad document for installation.